Cheesecake Factory Pasta Carbonara has a creamy Parmesan sauce flavored with bacon, tender peas and more. This copycat pasta dish is easy to make and delicious.
Cheesecake Factory Pasta Carbonara
Pasta Carbonara is a popular dish at the Cheesecake Factory that you can effortlessly make at home. This simple recipe makes it quick and easy to enjoy any time you want.
What is Carbonara?
Carbonara is a rich and creamy egg based sauce. The garlic and Parmesan cheese blend together for a fabulous sauce everyone will enjoy.
This type of dish is different from other pasta dishes because of the combination of eggs, cheese and seasoning. The technique is combined into an amazing sauce that is blended to perfection.
Is the pasta carbonara at Cheesecake Factory good?
Yes, Cheesecake Factory Carbonara is an amazing pasta dish. It is so light and creamy for the best meal.
The Parmesan sauce is so flavorful and combines with the bacon, peas and pasta for an unforgettable meal.
Once you try this, you will want to enjoy it over and over.
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Frozen Peas
- Cooked Bacon, Chopped
- Butter, divided
- Minced Garlic
- Eggs, beaten (room temperature)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Evaporated Milk
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Parsley, chopped
How to make cheesecake factory pasta carbonara
- Prepare the pasta. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente based on the package instructions. Add the frozen peas to the pot, 5 minutes before draining the pasta.
- Save part of the pasta water. You will need to reserve 1 cup of the pasta water before draining. Do not rinse the pasta.
- Sauté the butter and garlic. Use a small saucepan and add the butter and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes using medium heat to melt the butter and until the garlic is aromatic.
- Whisk the eggs. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan Cheese, flour, salt and pepper.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the evaporated milk and ½ of the pasta water. Then slowly whisk the egg mixture into the pan.
Return the pan to the heat and simmer on low until the sauce has thickened for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the pasta and peas. In a large bowl, toss together the pasta and peas. Stir in bacon.
Then pour the egg mixture over the pasta and with the remaining pasta water. Toss together until well combined and coated in carbonara sauce.
What to serve with pasta carbonara?
- Serve topped with the Italian parsley and more Parmesan Cheese if desired.
- Garlic bread cheese sticks recipe
- Steamed Broccoli
- Caesar Salad
How to store:
This pasta is best served immediately but you can also refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Make sure the dish is completely cool before storing inside the container.
When you are ready to reheat, place in the microwave or stove top until heated through. Just keep in mind that the texture changes in this recipe once reheated. The sauce isn’t as creamy.
You may need to add more liquid when reheating. While leftovers are still yummy, it is definitely best fresh. The reheated sauce will not have the same creamy consistency as fresh cooked sauce.
- Pasta. You can use other types of pasta. While spaghetti is the traditional type to use, anything would taste great. You can use angel hair, fettuccine, penne and more.
- Cheese. You can substitute any type of hard cheese for the Parmesan cheese. Romano cheese would be tasty in this yummy recipe.
- Pancetta. This can be substituted for the bacon in this recipe. Just note that the substitution of this ingredient will result in a more salty flavor in the recipe.
What is chicken carbonara?
It is the same recipe but with chicken added to the recipe. This is a delicious variation if you want to add more protein.
You can prepare chicken and then cut up and combine with the sauce. Another option is to use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken.
Anytime I need a quick meal, the easiest option is to shred rotisserie chicken. Dinner is so fast and easy with this effortless option.
The chicken will just be added when you add the other carbonara ingredients together.
What’s the difference between carbonara and alfredo?
Carbonara is an egg based sauce that also contains pork and cheese. Whereas, Alfredo sauce is richer and contains butter and cheese.
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese is best. Please do not use the type of Parmesan Cheese in a bottle. It will not taste the same.
Also, fresh Parmesan melts the best to make the rich sauce and will be creamier. You definitely want to use high quality cheese in this recipe.
- Enjoy this dish fresh. Try to serve this pasta right away after preparing for the best outcome. .
- Pasta water. Make sure to use the required amount of pasta water in this dish. Otherwise, it can result in the dish turning out dry.
Try this delicious pasta dish.
While it sounds fancy, this dish is effortless to prepare and the results are delicious. It is easy enough for weeknights. Try it today.
Print this Cheesecake Factory Pasta Carbonara recipe:
Cheesecake Factory Chicken Carbonara Recipe
- 8 oz Spaghetti Noodles
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 4 slices Bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 Tbsp Butter divided
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 3 Eggs beaten (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 can Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Italian Parsley chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente based on the package instructions. Add the frozen peas to the pot, 5 minutes before draining the pasta.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water before draining. Do not rinse the pasta.
- Then in a small saucepan, add the butter and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes to melt the butter and until the garlic is aromatic.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan Cheese, flour, salt and pepper.
- Then remove the pan from the heat and stir in the evaporated milk and ½ of the pasta water. Then slowly whisk the egg mixture into the pan. Return the pan to the heat and simmer on low until the sauce has thickened (2-3 minutes).
- In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, peas and cooked bacon. Then pour the egg mixture over the pasta and with the remaining pasta water. Toss together.
- Serve topped with the Italian parsley and more Parmesan Cheese if desired and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe