This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Cheesecake Factory Pasta Carbonara has a creamy Parmesan sauce flavored with bacon, tender peas and more. This copycat pasta dish is easy to make and delicious.
This Cheesecake Factory pasta carbonara recipe is loaded with flavor and has the best creaminess texture. This easy pasta recipe is always on the menu as it is a family favorite with my kids.
Pasta Carbonara is a popular dish at the Cheesecake Factory that you can effortlessly make at home. This simple recipe makes it quick and easy to enjoy any time you want. You may also love this Pepperoni Chicken Pasta Recipe.
Table of Contents
What is Carbonara?
Carbonara is a rich and creamy egg based sauce. The garlic and Parmesan cheese blend together for a fabulous sauce everyone will enjoy.
This type of dish is different from other pasta dishes because of the combination of eggs, cheese and seasoning. The technique is combined into an amazing sauce that is blended to perfection.
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Frozen Peas
- Cooked Bacon, Chopped
- Butter, divided
- Minced Garlic
- Eggs, beaten (room temperature)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Evaporated Milk
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Parsley, chopped
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Pasta. You can use other types of pasta. While spaghetti is the traditional type to use, anything would taste great. You can use angel hair, fettuccini, penne and more.
- Cheese. You can substitute any type of hard cheese for the Parmesan cheese. Romano cheese would be tasty in this yummy recipe.
- Pancetta. This can be substituted for the bacon in this recipe. Just note that the substitution of this ingredient will result in a more salty flavor in the recipe.
- Add Vegetables – Feel free to add in other types of veggies. Add in tomato, small onions, asparagus, spinach, and cloves garlic.
- Add Meats – You can easily add in meats if you prefer to the garlic-parmesan cream sauce. Shrimp and chicken breast is a delicious option.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – Prepare the pasta. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente based on the package instructions. Add the frozen green peas to the pot, 5 minutes before draining the pasta. You will need to reserve 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.
Step 2 – Sauté the butter and garlic. Use a small saucepan and add the butter and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes using medium heat to melt the butter and until the garlic is aromatic.
Step 3 – Whisk the eggs. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan Cheese, flour, salt and pepper.
Step 4 – Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the evaporated milk and ½ of the pasta water. Then slowly whisk the egg mixture into the pan. Return the pan to the heat and simmer on low until the sauce has thickened for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 5 – Combine the pasta and peas. In a large bowl, toss together the pasta and peas. Stir in crispy bacon.
- Step 6 – Pour Egg Mixture – Then pour the egg mixture over the pasta and with the remaining pasta water. Toss together until well combined and coated in carbonara sauce.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve topped with the Italian parsley and more Parmesan Cheese if desired and enjoy.
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese is best. Please do not use the type of Parmesan Cheese in a bottle. It will not taste the same. Also, fresh Parmesan melts the best to make the rich sauce and will be creamier. You definitely want to use high quality cheese in this recipe.
- Enjoy this dish fresh. Try to serve this pasta right away after preparing for the best outcome. .
- Pasta water. Make sure to use the required amount of pasta water in this dish. Otherwise, it can result in the dish turning out dry.
This copycat recipe is delicious served with many easy side dish recipes. These are some of our favorite options.
- Serve topped with the Italian parsley and more Parmesan Cheese if desired.
- Garlic bread cheese sticks recipe
- Steamed Broccoli
- Caesar Salad
Frequently Asked Questions
Carbonara is an egg based sauce that also contains pork and cheese. Whereas, Alfredo sauce is richer and contains butter and cheese.
It is the same recipe but with chicken added to the recipe. This is a delicious variation if you want to add more protein. You can prepare chicken and then cut up and combine with the sauce. Another option is to use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken.
Anytime I need a quick meal, the easiest option is to shred rotisserie chicken. Dinner is so fast and easy with this effortless option.
The chicken will just be added when you add the other carbonara ingredients together.
This pasta is best served immediately but you can also refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Make sure the dish is completely cool before storing inside the container.
When you are ready to reheat, place in the microwave or stove top until heated through. Just keep in mind that the texture changes in this recipe once reheated. The sauce isn’t as creamy.
You may need to add more liquid when reheating. While leftovers are still yummy, it is definitely best fresh. The reheated sauce will not have the same creamy consistency as fresh cooked sauce.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Crockpot Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- One Pot Italian Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Crockpot Parmesan Chicekn Pasta
We love hearing from you. If you make this Pasta Carbonara Cheesecake Factory Recipe, please leave us a comment.
Cheesecake Factory Chicken Carbonara Recipe
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente based on the package instructions. Add the frozen peas to the pot, 5 minutes before draining the pasta.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water before draining. Do not rinse the pasta.
- Then in a small saucepan, add the butter and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes to melt the butter and until the garlic is aromatic.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan Cheese, flour, salt and pepper.
- Then remove the pan from the heat and stir in the evaporated milk and ½ of the pasta water. Then slowly whisk the egg mixture into the pan. Return the pan to the heat and simmer on low until the sauce has thickened (2-3 minutes).
- In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, peas and cooked bacon. Then pour the egg mixture over the pasta and with the remaining pasta water. Toss together.
- Serve topped with the Italian parsley and more Parmesan Cheese if desired and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe