Creamy Cajun Chicken pasta is rich and flavorful without much work. The sauce is creamy with a little bit of heat for the perfect meal.
My entire family loves pasta dishes! I especially love one pot meals so it’s a win win situation for everyone. This Cream Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe is so simple and much better than takeout. It’s quicker and cheaper too!
The next time you are craving pasta, make this delicious meal at home. The savings will add up and your family will love this recipe. Everyone will agree on this meal because it is so tasty and the perfect meal for a busy weeknight.
What does Cajun chicken taste like?
The tomatoes combined with the half and half make it creamy and delicious. The sauce has the best Cajun flavor and this really turns the chicken into something special. Basically, it is comfort food in a bowl!
I can’t wait for you to try it! We like to eat this with garlic toast or french bread. Yum! The sauce is wonderful so you will definitely want something to dip into it.
Let’s get started making Cajun Pasta!
- Chicken breast, cubed
- Olive Oil
- Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- Cajun seasoning
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Penne Pasta
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
How to make Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe:
- First, put the diced chicken in the skillet on medium heat until cooked.
- Second, sprinkle salt and pepper. Add cajun seasoning and tomatoes and mix together.
- Now, add the heavy whipping cream. You want to heat this on low for a few minutes as the sauce thickens. Don’t bring it to a boil!
- Finally, add the al dente pasta and heat a few more minutes. You can add chicken broth if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Enjoy! Top with green onion and parmesan cheese if desired.
ADJUST THE HEAT
This recipe is so simple to adapt. You can easily make it spicier to less spicy by adjusting the Cajun seasoning. Feel free to add or omit based on your family preferences.
Swap out the pasta
The possibilities are endless. You can use any type of pasta. Some of our favorites include: linguini, spaghetti or bowties.
Just grab what you already have in your pantry. It will be delicious!
Now it really is that simple! An easy Italian meal that won’t break the bank! This meal is so yummy, I’m certain it will quickly become a family favorite.
I love meals that are not complicated but taste amazing. I enjoy cooking but there isn’t always time for elaborate meals with kids, life and activities! Easy and tasty recipes like this definitely save the day!
I like to use a cast iron pan for this recipe. You certainly don’t have to use one but I think it just makes this recipe even better. It cooks really evenly and the food tastes great.
I like the Lodge brand. They hold up great and Amazon has them on sale frequently.
This recipe is also very budget friendly. It’s a great way to stretch a pound of chicken. The pasta and tomatoes bulk up the recipe if you need to feed a family! Don’t forget to use the cajun seasoning in the recipe. It makes the meal! We use Old Bay but whatever your family prefers will work.
If you like comfort food and really who doesn’t, this Cajun Pasta is going to be a huge hit with your family! Going out for Italian can add up for an entire family. Cook this meal for Italian night at home and gather around the dinner table for a wonderful family meal.
Print this creamy Cajun chicken pasta recipe:
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb chicken breast (diced into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 12 oz. Penne Pasta (cooked and drained)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley (chopped – optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken for 10-12 minutes until the chicken is a golden brown.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, cajun seasoning and mix well. Cook uncovered for 3-5 minutes until the sauce is simmering slightly.
- Stir in the cream and heat just until the cream is heated through (1-2 minutes).
- Stir in the cooked pasta right before serving.
- Serve topped with the fresh parsley and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe