This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Easy Chicken Penne Pasta Recipe is a one pot skillet meal perfect for family dinner. Everyone will love this delicious chicken paired with a rich and creamy sauce over pasta.
This easy pasta dish is a family favorite meal. It creamy, delicious and full of flavor. It makes the perfect weeknight meal as it is ready in less than 30 minutes.
We make a lot of pasta recipe and this one is always on the menu. If you like this pasta dish, you should try this Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Penne Recipe.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
Make this pasta dish today with simple ingredients. You can also make this recipe with leftover chicken for an even easier meal. This pasta recipe is filling and satisfying for a quick and easy meal.
From the creamy sauce to the delicious flavors this recipe is always on the menu.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Heavy Cream
- Chicken Broth
- Parmesan Cheese
- Penne Pasta
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Change Meat – Try shrimp instead of chicken. You can also make this dish with chicken thighs
- Vegetables – Add in peas or broccoli to the skillet. We have even added in cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, and grape tomatoes. Another delicious option is spinach, mushrooms, asparagus or whatever you prefer.
- Seasoning – Cajun seasoning or Old Bay would be delicious mixed into the sauce. Add in ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes for a hint of spice.
- Pasta – Feel free to use different types of pasta. You can make this pasta dish with whole wheat pasta, gluten-free pasta, rigatoni or farfalle.
The options are endless for this easy skillet dish.
Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1 – In a large skillet, cook the chicken in the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Step 2 – Season with salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Step 3 – Continue cooking until the chicken is no longer pink. This only takes a few minutes.
- Step 4 – Turn the heat to low, stir in the heavy cream, chicken broth, butter and the Parmesan cheese.
- Step 5 – Cover and simmer for a few minutes until flavors combine.
- Step 6 – Stir in the cooked pasta and serve.
- Pasta – Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Chicken – Cut the chicken up in bite size pieces. Make sure they are about the same size so they cook evenly.
We served ours with salad and it was such an easy and delicious dinner. The cream sauce is so amazing so you will want something to dip into that amazing sauce.
We love Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe and it is perfect for getting every last bit of that amazing sauce.
Just keep it simple!
Frequently Asked Questions
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. We recommend waiting until the pasta has cooled to room temperature before storing. It will stay fresh in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Depending on how much you have leftover, reheat in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. If you have a smaller portion, reheating in the microwave works also.
More Easy Chicken Pasta Recipes
- Crock Pot Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- Crock Pot Pesto Chicken Pasta Casserole
- Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
- Crock Pot Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Try these other Easy Skillet Recipes
- Tex Mex Skillet Chicken Recipe
- Easy Salsa Chicken Skillet Recipe
- Skillet Chicken and Rice Burritos
- Skillet Chicken Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- Quick Skillet Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Balsamic Chicken – Easy Skillet Chicken Recipe
- Brown Sugar Skillet Chicken
- Skillet Roasted Red Pepper Italian Sausage Pasta Recipe
If you make this chicken penne pasta recipe, make sure to leave us a star review. We love to hear from you.
Chicken Penne Pasta
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken in the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Season with salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Continue cooking until the chicken is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low, stir in the heavy cream, chicken broth, butter and the parmesan cheese.
- Cover and simmer for a few minutes until flavors combine.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe