Crock Pot Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta is loaded with a rich and creamy sauce full of sun dried tomatoes and more. This is the best comfort food and perfect for any day of the week but delicious enough for special occasions.
Crock Pot Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta:
With just a few simple ingredients, you can make this absolutely decadent chicken dish. The sauce is so flavorful and the tomatoes really make it perfect.
If you enjoyed our Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken Recipe, you will love this new recipe. You won’t believe just how simple it is to make Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes Pasta Recipe.
The results are the most tender and delicious chicken with the best cream sauce. Everyone will think you spent hours on this amazing meal when really it was SO easy! Pasta dishes are really a crowd pleaser.
Slow Cooker Recommendation:
If you are in the market for something new, I really love my Instant Pot Aura cooker. The nice thing about this is you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker for recipes that call for that.
It is so handy to just have the one pan to clean. It has become of my favorite kitchen appliances and you will love having one of these. I also really like this crockpot as well. I use this all the time and it’s great.
My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere.
Ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta?
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
- Heavy Cream
- Angel Hair Pasta
- Parmesan cheese
How do you make Crock Pot Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta?
If you can toss ingredients into the slow cooker, you can make this easy dish.
- Add Chicken – Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Top with Chicken Stock – Pour chicken stock or chicken broth on top.
- Add Seasoning – Season with salt, pepper, and basil.
- Add Sun Dried Tomatoes – Pour sun dried tomatoes on top.
- Slow Cook – Cook on low 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Mix in Heavy Cream – 5 minutes before serving, stir in the heavy cream.
- Serve and Enjoy – After it is combined stir in the grated parmesan cheese and the angel hair pasta. Serve immediately.
How Long to Cook Chicken in Crock Pot?
We love slow cooking chicken in the crock pot. It comes out so tender and can be easily shredded if it is cooked correctly.
Most of the time we just put our frozen chicken in the crock pot and cook on low for about 6 hours. You can also cook on high for about 4 hours.
This recipe calls for chicken breast but you can even use chicken thighs . This recipe is amazing with both.
We have used chicken thighs and the family enjoyed the meal just as much. I have also used a mix of chicken thighs and chicken breasts. Do what works best for your family and what you already have.
This delicious Chicken will be amazing however you decide to serve it. If you love alfredo sauce, you will love this recipe.
- Mashed Potatoes – Try serving this dish with mashed potatoes instead of pasta. The sauce is delicious on the mashed potatoes.
- White Rice – Serve over rice for a change. You can even cook rice in the slow cooker. It is so easy to make a big batch of rice and enjoy for a quick side dish.
- Add Spinach – For another variation, try adding spinach to the dish. It adds a nice pop of color and really tastes delicious with the sun dried tomatoes.
- Low Carb Option – You can also make creamy sun dried tomato chicken paleo if you are following a strict diet. Just omit the pasta. You can also make cauliflower rice.
- Change the Noodles – If you don’t have any spaghetti noodles, penne noodles or bowtie pasta would work great with this recipe.
How to Cook on Stovetop:
This Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta can easily be made on your stovetop. You can make this stovetop version with or without meat.
- Prepare Chicken – You will need to prepare chicken by cooking in the large skillet prior to adding the other ingredients. We like to sauté it with some garlic onion for flavor.
- Once chicken is prepared – Remove the chicken from the pan and add the pasta, sun dried tomatoes and broth to the pan. You will add any additional seasoning that your prefer.
- Cover and Boil – Once the ingredients are in the pan, cover the pan with a lid and let boil. Once it begins to boil stir the ingredients, then cover again and reduce heat.
- Cook Noodles – Let the noodles cook al dente for about 7 to 10 minutes. Once these ingredients have cooked, stir in the heavy cream and chicken to heat all together.
- Parmesan Cheese – Season with parmesan cheese and serve.
Pasta Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes Side Dishes:
- Side Salad
- Garlic Bread
- Steam Vegetables
Chicken Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes Tips:
- Chicken – If you prefer you can use already cooked and shredded chicken. If I use pre-cooked chicken then I usually make this dish on the stovetop. This makes the perfect weeknight meal.
- Pasta – Make sure you prepare your pasta al dente. This is a great dish to use leftover pasta.
- Parmesan – We love using freshly grated parmesan cheese instead of the already grated.
Our Entire Family loves Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta.
This is a huge hit around here! Once we tried it, the kids declared it a success. This recipe is now on our normal menu plan rotation because everyone really loved it. It is always a success when the kids like a new recipe.
Print this Sun dried tomato chicken pasta recipe below:
Crock Pot Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons basil dried
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 16 oz angel hair pasta cooked
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Pour chicken stock on top.
- Season with salt, pepper, and basil.
- Pour sun dried tomatoes on top.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 5 minutes before serving, stir in the heavy cream.
- After it is combined stir in the grated parmesan cheese and the angel hair pasta.
- Serve immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe