Easy Crock Pot Chicken Scampi Recipe will be a family favorite with all of the tender and flavor packed chicken. The bell peppers add a ton of color and the pasta bring this dish all together.
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Scampi Recipe:
Chicken Scampi is such a delicious dish and now the slow cooker makes this meal so easy. I love coming home to a meal in the crock pot. The aroma of the seasoning blended together makes my home smell amazing.
Life is so busy and dinner time does not have to be hectic. Easy meals like this keep my family happy and we can enjoy family dinner even on busy weeknights. This recipe for chicken scampi is the perfect busy night meal.
This recipe is loaded with flavor with simple ingredients. We love to serve over angel hair pasta and a slice of garlic bread to complete the meal. The scampi sauce is delicious and flavorful and perfect for dipping your bread in.
What is Chicken Scampi:
Chicken Scampi is a delicious recipe that is made with simple ingredients. You may have had shrimp scampi before at Olive Garden but we like making it with Chicken.
Our favorite chicken scampi sauce because it is perfect served over noodles and for dipping your breadsticks in.
What is Scampi Sauce Made of?
If you are curious what the sauce is made of, it is actually very simple. Scampi sauce is a combination of garlic, Parmesan cheese, chicken broth and more.
It all combines for something really yummy.
What do I need to make this easy Chicken Scampi Pasta recipe?
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast – sliced
- Red Onion, sliced
- Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- Green Bell Pepper, sliced any color will do actually -the more the merrier
- Chicken Broth
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Garlic
- Angel Hair Pasta
- Parmesan Cheese
You will be amazed at how few ingredients can turn into such a delicious meal for your family.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Scampi:
- Step 1 – Add chicken to crockpot – Place the chicken in the slow cooker. I used a 6 quart crock pot.
- Step 2 – Toss in vegetables – Add the onion, peppers, and broth on top.
- Step 3 – Add in Seasoning and cook – Top with all the delicious seasonings and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until everything is tender and delicious.
- Step 4 – Shred Chicken – Once everything is finished cooking, I like to shred the chicken and then stir it back into the crock pot with the veggies.
- Step 5 – Serve and enjoy – Serve over angel hair pasta and top with Parmesan cheese. Yum!
What do you Serve with Chicken Scampi?
- Pasta – We love this dish with angel hair pasta but really any pasta will work. The angel hair pasta just is so light and really is a nice touch with the chicken and veggies.
- Roasted Vegetables – I like to Roast some broccoli or asparagus for an easy side dish. It is the perfect combination and easy to make.
- Green Salad – Never underestimate how delicious a simple side salad is. Just use your favorite salad greens and vegetables.
- Breadsticks – These garlic bread cheese sticks are perfect for dipping into the pasta. You can also grab some crusty bread from the bakery and that would be delicious as well. Either option is great but bread is a must in our family.
How do you thicken a scampi sauce?
If you need to thicken your sauce, it is so simple to do. Simply mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in 1 tablespoon of cold water.
Whisk the cornstarch into the sauce and that is it.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change the Protein – We used chicken breast in this recipe, but you can use chicken thighs or chicken tenders. You can even substitute the chicken for shrimp.
- Change the Vegetables – We used bell peppers in this recipe but you can even add in some spinach. If you do use spinach add it towards the end of cooking time.
- Pasta – Angel hair pasta is our favorite, but you can use spaghetti noodles or rigatoni noodles. I usually use what noodles that I have on hand.
- Rice – This chicken scamp dish can even be served over rice. For a low carb option try serving over cauliflower rice.
- Dry White Wine – Instead of the Chicken Broth use a Dry White Wine. It will give the dish so much flavor. We recommend using sauvignon blanc.
- Olive Oil – Once I have cooked the pasta, I like to toss it in Olive Oil to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- Fresh Lemon Juice – Squeeze some fresh lemon juice with some salt and pepper before serving. It adds flavor and makes the recipe so light and refreshing.
- Cook the Chicken – We cook the chicken in the crock pot to make it an easy recipe. You can easily make this dish on the stove top and use leftover chicken.
- Cook Pasta – When preparing the pasta, make sure to cook to al dente or according to package.
- Adding Vegetables – We like to ad about ½ cup of red pepper and ½ cup of green bell pepper for color and flavor. Make sure to cut in thick slices so the peppers do not get mushy.
- Shredding chicken – When the chicken is cook, remove from the crock pot to shred the chicken. You can use forks, but we like to use a hand held mixer or a stand mixer. This shreds the chicken perfectly.
- Serving – Make sure to serve this dish with the scampi sauce. This adds flavor to the dish and we like to dip our breadsticks in it.
How to Store Leftovers:
Place leftover scampi inside an airtight container. It will keep in the fridge up to 3 days. It makes a great lunch the next day. You can reheat leftover in the microwave.
We think it taste even better the next day as the ingredients marinate together overnight. We like to store in individual containers with a pasta and a vegetable for a delicious lunch for the week.
Easy Chicken Scampi Recipe:
If you are looking for an easy weeknight meal, make this flavorful Chicken Scampi. If you loved our shrimp scampi recipe then you are going to love this simple chicken scampi recipe.
The crock pot does all the work and is perfect served over pasta with a side of breadsticks. This recipe is perfect for the family but even better for a crowd.
This chicken scampi is perfect for meal prepping with. You can prepare as a freezer meal to make at a later date. You can also make this chicken scampi for the week for lunches.
Print this Chicken Scampi Pasta Recipe below:
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Scampi Recipe
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast sliced
- ½ red onion sliced
- ½ red bell pepper sliced
- ½ green bell pepper sliced any color will do actually -the more the merrier
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz Angel Hair pasta
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker. I used a 6 quart crock pot.
- Add the onion, peppers, and broth on top.
- Top with all the delicious seasonings and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until everything is tender and delicious.
- Once everything is finished cooking, I like to shred the chicken and then stir it back into the crock pot with the veggies.
- Serve over angel hair pasta and top with Parmesan cheese. Yum!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Recipe
- French Onion Chicken Crock Pot Recipe
Hi Carrie, I was wondering for the chicken Scampi recipe, can I use frozen chicken fillet for the crockpot or do I need to use defrosted chicken fillets? Would this alter the cooking time? Thank you so much. Love all your time saving recipes.
Jenni – You can definitely use frozen chicken. That’s what I generally use. I would cook on low for 6-8 hours or 4 hours on high in the crock pot. Thank you!