This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock Pot Angel Chicken is creamy, delicious and the slow cooker does all the work. Serve the tender chicken over noodles, mashed potatoes or rice.
Easy Crock Pot Angel Chicken Recipe:
This Angel Crock Pot Chicken Recipe is creamy, delicious and easy to make. We love that the crock pot does all the work and the chicken comes out tender and juicy. This angel chicken pasta crock pot recipe is the ultimate comfort food that is always a family favorite.
The cream of chicken soup blended with the Italian Dressing Mix and garlic makes the sauce so creamy. The boneless chicken breast comes out creamy, buttery and is delicious served over pasta, mashed potatoes or rice.
If you are looking for an easy recipe to add delicious flavor to your chicken, make this Angel Chicken recipe. Perfect for a weeknight meal or to feed a crowd.
What is Angel Chicken?
This angel crockpot chicken recipe only requires 6 ingredients. The chicken breast is cooked in a creamy sauce that makes it so flavorful and buttery.
Your family will be licking their plates to get every last drop of the creamy sauce. This Angel Chicken is delicious served over pasta, rice or potatoes. Easy, budget friendly chicken recipe.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Italian Dressing Mix (0.7 oz packet)
- Minced Garlic
- Cream of Chicken Soup (10.5 oz can)
- Chicken Broth
- Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- Angel Hair Pasta (cooked)
How to Make Angel Chicken in the Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Add chicken to slow cooker – Place the chicken in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Step 2 – Mix in other ingredients – Top with the Italian dressing mix, minced garlic, cream of chicken soup and chicken broth.
- Step 3 – Slow Cook Ingredients – Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 3 hours until the chicken is cooked through.
- Step 4 – Stir in Cream Cheese – Dice the cream cheese and stir it into the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or on high for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Step 5 – Stir to Combine – Stir thoroughly to combine the cream cheese into the sauce in the crock pot.
- Step 6 – Serve and enjoy – Serve the chicken and sauce over the cooked angel hair pasta. Enjoy!
Tips for Crock Pot Angel Chicken:
- Italian Dressing Mix – Make sure to just use the seasoning packet when adding it to crockpot angel chicken. Do not use the Italian Dressing as the results will not be the same.
- Cream Cheese – Add in the cream cheese towards the end of cooking time. Make sure to dice the cream so that it blends easily into the mixture. We recommend full fat cream cheese to be used. Low fat or off brand cream cheese doesn’t melt as well.
- Chicken – Feel free to serve this chicken whole. But you can also shred the chicken with fork or with a stand mixer.
- Cooking Chicken – We like cooking chicken on low heat to ensure that it cooks thoroughly and slowly.
- Slow Cooker Liner – Feel free to use a slow cooker liner or spray the crock pot with cooking spray for easy clean up.
What to Serve with Angel Chicken:
This Angel Chicken is a delicious that can be served many different ways and variety of sides. Here are some of our favorites.
- Angel Hair Pasta
- Mashed Potatoes
- White Rice
- Roasted Vegetables
Slow Cooker Angel Chicken Variations:
- Chicken – We used chicken breast in this recipe but you can also use chicken tenderloins or chicken thighs. If you use chicken tenders, you may need to adjust your cooking time since they may not take as long to cook.
- Cream Soup – Feel free to use any type of cream soup for this recipe. You can use cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup.
- Add in Vegetables – You can even add in vegetables to this recipe. You can add in green beans, broccoli or spinach for added flavor and texture. Frozen vegetables is also a great option.
- Seasoning Packet – We used a Italian Dressing Mix, but to change the flavor us a ranch seasoning packet.
- Parmesan Cheese – Mix in shredded parmesan cheese for added flavor. It would be delicious mixed in the creamy sauce.
- Chicken Broth – Instead of using chicken broth, you can use chicken stock or white wine.
- Garlic – We love the flavor of minced garlic, but you can use garlic powder or garlic cloves. Chive and Onion is also a great addition to this recipe.
Can you overcook Chicken in the Slow Cooker?
Yes, you chicken can overcook in the slow cooker. We recommend cooking chicken on low for about 4 to 6 hours. You can use a meat thermometer to make sure your chicken is done before shredding.
If you chicken is frozen, you may need to cook it for a little longer. We like to cook our chicken in sauce which helps to prevent it from drying out if the recipe cooks longer.
How to Thicken Sauce?
There are several ways to thicken the sauce in this Crockpot Angel Chicken Recipe.
- Shred chicken and stir into the sauce.
- Use cream cheese that is full fat. Cream cheese will thicken the sauce when added towards the end of cooking time. Do not use low fat or off brand cream cheese as it does not melt as well.
- You can also make a cornstarch slurry to mix into the sauce. Mix 2 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water. Then mix in with the angel chicken sauce.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This angel chicken is tasty even the next day. The buttery sauce really marinates into the chicken overnight to make a delicious meal the next day.
Print Recipe here for Crock Pot Angel Chicken:
Crock Pot Angel Chicken
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Top with the Italian dressing mix, minced garlic, cream of chicken soup and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 3 hours until the chicken is cooked through.
- Dice the cream cheese and stir it into the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or on high for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Stir thoroughly to combine the cream cheese into the sauce in the crock pot.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the cooked angel hair pasta. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe