This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock Pot No Peek Chicken is a classic recipe that is easy to make thanks to the slow cooker. This chicken and rice meal is the perfect one pot meal.
This no peek chicken casserole recipe is on weekly rotation at my house. The way that the chicken cooks tender and full of flavor in the crock pot makes this meal a super easy dinner recipe.
It only takes a few minutes of prep time to make this slow cooker recipe. If you love simple ingredients meals as much as I do, then you need to check out these recipes – Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts, Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo Recipe, or Slow Cooker Coca Cola Chicken.
Table of Contents
What is No Peek Chicken?
No Peek Chicken is a recipe that can be made in the slow cooker or a casserole dish. Once the chicken is layered with the rice mixture and placed in the oven or slow cooker. There is no need to peek on the creaminess mixture.
This allows for the chicken to cook thoroughly and to create a delicious crispy texture on top.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Cream of Chicken Soup (1 can)
- Cream of Mushroom Soup (1 can)
- Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- Garlic Powder
- Minute® Instant Rice, Not Standard Rice
- Lipton® Onion Soup Mix
- Fresh parsley, chopped (to top)
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom to see recipe card.
- Chicken – Feel free to use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts.
- Cream Soup – You can substitute cream of chicken and mushroom soup with cream of celery soup. You can also make homemade Cream of Chicken Soup.
- Chicken Stock – Substitute chicken broth for chicken stock.
- Add Cheese – If you want to add in cheddar cheese to this slow cooker no peek chicken, for a delicious cheesy mixture.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Add the cans of soup, chicken broth, garlic powder, pepper and Minute rice to a large bowl. Mix well with the Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
Step 2 – Add half of the above mixture in the slow cooker. Place chicken breasts on top of the rice mixture.
Step 3 – Spread over the rest of the rice mixture.
Step 4 – Sprinkle over the soup mix. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3.5 hours. Do not peek during the cooking time. Top with fresh parsley, then serve.
- Prepare Slow Cooker – For best results, make sure to spray the slow cooker with cooking spray. This helps to easily serve and makes cleanup a breeze.
- Layer Ingredients – Layer the ingredients in the white rice mixture in the slow cooker.
- Combine Ingredients – Combine the the rice, cream of chicken and seasoning together in a bowl before placing in the slow cooker.
How to Make in the Oven:
After preparing the rice mixture layer in a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Crockpot no peek chicken and rice recipe needs to be stored in an airtight container. It will stay good for up to 4 days.
Store the chicken mixture in a freezer safe container. It will stay fresh for up to a month if stored properly.
When you are ready to reheat, allow to thaw and then reheat in the oven or the microwave.
More Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Crock Pot Marry Me Chicken Recipe
We love hearing from you. Make sure to leave us a comment or a star review if you try this No Peek Chicken in Crock Pot Recipe.
Crock Pot No Peek Chicken
- Add the cans of soup, chicken broth, garlic powder, pepper and Minute rice to a large bowl. Mix well.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add half of the above mixture in the slow cooker. Lay over the chicken breasts. Spread over the rest of the rice mixture.
- Sprinkle over the soup mix.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3.5 hours. Do not peek during the cooking time!
- Top with fresh parsely
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe