This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Slow Cooker Coca Cola Chicken is cooked with simple ingredients and full of flavor. The sweet and savory glaze makes the chicken so delicious.
Slow Cooker Coca Cola Chicken Recipe:
Coca Cola Chicken is a classic recipe that we grew up having. The chicken comes out so tender and juicy. It is all because of a secret ingredient, a can of coca cola.
My favorite part of this recipe is the slow cooker does all the work. The combination of the coca cola and the barbecue sauce makes the glaze so delicious.
The next time you are looking for a sweet and savory chicken dinner, make this slow cooker recipe. Add your favorite side dishes for a complete meal idea.
Can I use another type of Soda?
Yes, you can use other types of carbonated drinks. I like to stick to the dark color soda such as Pepsi, Dr Pepper or Coke Zero.
The taste my change slightly, but it will be so delicious.
- Chicken Breasts
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- Barbecue Sauce (divided)
How to Make Coca Cola Chicken in the Slow Cooker:
- Step 1 – Add the Chicken – Place the chicken in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Step 2 – Top with Ingredients – Top with the pepper and garlic salt. Pour half of the barbecue sauce and 1 cup of the Coca-Cola on top.
- Step 3 – Cover and Cook – Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Step 4 – Drain – Drain the liquid from the crock pot and leave the chicken in the crock pot.
- Step 5 – Whisk Ingredients – In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining barbecue sauce and Coca-Cola.
- Step 6 – Pour – Pour this mixture on top of the chicken in the crock pot.
- Step 7 – Continue Cooking – Cook for 1 more hour on low.
- Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the chicken is ready to serve. You can serve the chicken whole topped with the sauce from the crock pot. Or shred the chicken and mix it back into the sauce in the crock pot. Enjoy!
What to Serve with Coca Cola Chicken?
Coca Cola Chicken can be served with many different side dishes. These are some of our favorite.
- Instant Pot White Rice – Rice is one of the easiest side dishes to make. You can save a ton of time by using the instant pot. We love making rice bowls with this recipe.
- Roasted Broccoli – Serve this chicken recipe with some roasted vegetables. They are easy to make and taste delicious with simple seasoning.
- Mashed Potatoes – Serve the BBQ chicken over the top of mashed potatoes. Add a side of green beans and you have a complete meal. Make sure to serve more of the sauce over the top for delicious flavor.
Crockpot Coca Cola Chicken Recipe Tips:
- Cooking Chicken – You will initially cook the chicken in half the BBQ sauce and coca cola. Then add in the remaining BBQ sauce and coca cola towards the end of cooking. This helps to keep the sauce thick and juicy. Cooking time will vary.
- Serving – When serving you can keep the chicken in whole pieces or your can shred it. If we are serving over rice or mashed potatoes, I like to shred it to serve on top.
- Skillet – You can also make this recipe in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in olive oil and then pour the ingredients and allow it to simmer. Cooking the chicken in the skillet takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
Coca Cola Crockpot Chicken Variation Ideas:
- Coca Cola Variation – Feel free to change the soda that you use. We recommend sticking to a dark color soda such as Diet Coke, root beer, Dr Pepper or Pepsi.
- Sauce Variation – We love the flavor of Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce and that is the kind we usually use. But you can easily add in other flavors. Add in soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce or a cup ketchup.
- Change the Chicken – We used skinless chicken breasts for this recipe, but you can also use chicken thighs. We have also made Coca Cola Chicken wings Recipe for a delicious option.
- Bake – This recipe can also be baked in the oven. Place the chicken in a baking dish and pour the ingredients over the top. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Seasoning – We used simple seasoning to make this recipe. Feel free to add other types of seasoning. We suggest onion powder, garlic powder, or paprika.
- Toppings – When serving, you can garnish the chicken with chopped green onion or sesame seeds.
- Marinade Chicken – These ingredients also be delicious as a marinade. Place the chicken in a zip lock bag with the ingredients. Allow it to marinade for at least an hour. Then you can grill, bake or cook in a pan.
Can I Freeze Chicken Coca Cola?
Yes, this is the perfect recipe to double so you can freeze the leftovers. Allow the chicken to cool to room temperature then place in an air tight container.
If store properly in the freezer, the chicken will stay good for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to serve again, allow the chicken to thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Then reheat in the microwave or place in the oven depending on the size you are reheating.
How to Make Spicy:
If you prefer that your chicken have a hint of spice. Feel free to add in a teaspoon of red pepper flakes. We have even cook the chicken with slices of bell pepper and onion for added flavor.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We love to enjoy this chicken for lunch the next day. We think it taste even better the next days. As the chicken marinates in the sauce overnight.
Place in individual containers with sides for a delicious lunch.
Print Recipe for Slow Cooker Coca Cola Chicken:
Slow Cooker Coca Cola Chicken
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Top with the pepper and garlic salt. Pour half of the barbecue sauce and 1 cup of the Coca-Cola on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Drain the liquid from the crock pot and leave the chicken in the crock pot.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining barbecue sauce and Coca-Cola.
- Pour this mixture on top of the chicken in the crock pot.
- Cook for 1 more hour on low.
- Then the chicken is ready to serve. You can serve the chicken whole topped with the sauce from the crock pot or shred the chicken and mix it back into the sauce in the crock pot. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Adobe Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken Curry Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore Recipe