This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Make Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe to easily feed a crowd. This effortless way to make mashed potatoes is perfect for holiday cooking. Everyone will love these creamy mashed potatoes.
This recipe is a game changer and makes mashed potatoes so simple. No need for separate pans and boiling potatoes. This easy side dish recipe does not require any boiling or draining.
Slow Cooker mashed potatoes go with many different meals. Being a mom of 8, I love making our side dishes in the crock pot. It saves me so much time and they always taste amazing.
We love to make these for holidays. It is so easy to make a big batch of potatoes and keep them warm thanks to the crock pot. You might also like Au Gratin Potatoes Crock Pot Recipe or any of our easy crock pot potato recipes.
This Brown Gravy Recipe is also great topped on these mashed potatoes.
Table of Contents
Why Make Mashed Potatoes in the Crock pot:
- Easy to Make – The potatoes cook fork tender and easily in the slow cooker. There is no need to worry about the pot boiling over when making in the crockpot.
- Simple Ingredients – All the ingredients gets added to the slow cooker to cook together. There is no waiting for the potatoes to be done.
- Mash in the Slow Cooker – We like to mash right in the slow cooker to keep cleanup a breeze.
- Russet Potatoes
- Butter, Cut into pieces
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and pepper
Scroll to the bottom for a full list of ingredients and recipe.
- Potatoes – Feel free to change the potatoes in this recipe. You can use red potatoes or Yukon Gold Potatoes. Cooking time may change.
- Milk – We used whole milk in the recipe, but you can also add in vegetable broth, chicken stock or chicken broth. If you substitute for the milk, it may not be as creamy.
- Spices – You may want to add in fresh herbs or spices in this recipe. You can substitute the minced garlic with garlic cloves if your prefer.
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes – For a twist on a classic recipe, make this recipe with loaded mashed potatoes. Top with cheddar cheese, chopped bacon, chives, and sour cream. I even garnish with green onions, kosher salt and black pepper for amazing flavor.
How to Slow Cook Mashed Potatoes:
- Step 1 – Peel and cut your potatoes into chunks.
- Step 2 – Place the potatoes in the crock pot with 1 cup of the milk, salt, pepper, garlic and butter.
- Step 2 – Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours until the potatoes are slightly soft.
- Step 3 – Then either remove the potatoes to a mixing bowl or mix in your crock pot. Mix well with an electric hand mixer.
- Step 4 – Slightly add in the last 1 cup of milk until the mashed potatoes are the consistency that you desire.
- Step 5 – Serve and enjoy.
What to Serve with Crockpot Mashed Potatoes?
Another favorite around here is this easy white gravy that only takes 10 minutes to make. This gravy is amazing with these crock pot mashed potatoes and ready in just minutes.
Serve it with crockpot turkey breast for a delicious weeknight dinner or holiday meal.
We love mashed potatoes so the more options the better.
- Mashing Potatoes – Mash with a hand mixer, stand mixer or a potato masher. We like to mash in the crock pot but you can also combine in a mixing bowl.
- Potatoes – We recommend dicing the potatoes in about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Warm Setting – If serving for the holidays, place your slow cooker on the warm setting to keep the potatoes warm.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, you can! Feel free to make these ahead of time and keep in the fridge. When you are ready to eat, just reheat and keep on warm to serve. I like to place back in the slow cooker to reheat.
Yes, mashed potatoes do freeze well. Check out our Can you Freeze Mashed Potatoes post.
If you find that your mashed potatoes are too runny you can easily thicken them. Check out How to Thicken Mashed Potatoes to learn how easy it is.
Try out these other Easy Potato Recipes:
Make sure to leave a star review and a comment, if you tried this Slow Cooker Mashed Potato Recipe! We love to hear from you!
Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Peel and cut your potatoes into chunks.
- Place the potatoes in the crock pot with 1 cup of the milk, salt, pepper, garlic and butter.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours until the potatoes are slightly soft.
- Then either remove the potatoes to a mixing bowl or mix in your crock pot if it has a ceramic liner (do not mix in a non-stick liner as it will scratch it).
- Mix well with an electric hand mixer. Slightly add in the last 1 cup of milk until the mashed potatoes are the consistency that you desire.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe