Learn how to make this delicious Crock Pot Roast Recipe without any seasoning packets required. It is so easy, absolutely amazing and gluten free.
Crock Pot Roast Recipe
Let’s make the Best Crock pot Roast Recipe without any seasoning packets. Don’t you hate it when you are scrolling on pinterest trying to find a recipe and it requires several seasoning packets?
I know I do! I want to make something delicious without all the “junk” that comes in those seasoning packets.
Those packets often have fillers and all sorts of ingredients. Have you ever tried to read the back of one of those seasoning packets?
It is a long list and I don’t know what half that stuff is. I feel so much better just skipping the packets all together and I think the roast turns out better anyway!
Today you are going to see how to make an amazing slow cooker post roast with veggies that is not only gluten free, but also packed with flavor. I think you are going to be shocked how delicious this simple rump roast crock pot recipe is!
This is the Best Crock Pot Roast recipe!
Our entire family loves this meal and it is really so simple. Everything gets tossed into the slow cooker and you get to come home to dinner waiting.
It is the perfect meal for busy week nights!
You will need a crock pot for this yummy Slow Cooker Roast Recipe.
Now you definitely need a crock pot for this recipe. I have two favorite crock pots.
One is the programmable 6 quart crock pot. It is awesome and very nice on the budget.
I love that it will seal closed so you can transport it for parties and tailgates. This is such an awesome feature if you take your crock pot places.
How to cook a roast in a slow cooker?
While this meal looks fancy and the meat is so tender and delicious, it is so simple. Literally, the crockpot does all the work.
Cooking a roast in the slow cooker is the easiest way to make a roast. The meat is so tender and you didn’t do anything but toss everything in the slow cooker!
Do you have to brown a roast before putting it in the crockpot?
No, you do not. You can toss the roast in the slow cooker without any prep work.
However, if you like to brown your roast first that is totally fine. Some people prefer to brown the roast a few minutes each side before slow cooking.
Make sure to brown all sides if doing this and use a little olive oil.
This is yet another reason I love my Ninja Cooking System. If you prefer to do this, it is so nice having just the one pot and being able to do it all so quickly.
If you do not have a Ninja, put oil in a large dutch oven and sear your meat this way.
You can make this chuck roast crock pot recipe even easier!
Also, since I tend to be a little lazy in the kitchen, I highly suggest using crock pot liners to make cleaning the crock pot a breeze!
These are a lifesaver for our family! These will make this chuck roast crock pot recipe even easier.
Make sure you leave a comment and let us know your favorite slow cooker to use.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Pot Roast:
- Potatoes of your choice, cut into chunks (I used small baby yellow potatoes so there was no cutting)
- Carrots peeled and cut into chunks (You can also use baby carrots.)
- Onion cut into chunks
- Beef stock or beef broth (one carton) (Red wine is also good)
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Water (for the gravy)
How to make The Best Crock pot Roast Recipe:
- First cut all your vegetables into large chunks. You want them to be bigger so they will not turn into mush.
- Add the beef to the crock pot and then place the vegetables around the roast.
- Add all your seasonings.
- Next add in the beef stock.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or cook on high for 5 hours.
- Shred the beef.
- Now, time to make the gravy. In a small bowl whisk together the 1/4 cup of water and the cornstarch.
- Remove 2 cups of the liquid from the crock pot and place in a sauce pan.
- Whisk in the water and cornstarch mixture in with the beef juice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes until it begins to thicken. It will thicken as it cools as well.
- Drizzle the gravy over the roast, carrots and potatoes and enjoy!
How long should a roast Cook in crockpot?
We prefer our roast to cook on low for 8 hours. However, you can cook the roast on high.
If cooking on the high setting, 5 hours will be plenty of time for the roast to cook.
What is the best roast to cook in crock pot?
We are using a chuck roast and it turned out amazing! The meat was so tender and the flavor was perfect.
You could also use a rump roast. Whatever cut of meat you choose to use will be so tender after slow cooking.
My family loved this recipe! It truly is the best pot roast recipe!
Plus, so easy and quick to put together with very little effort.
Try this Pot Roast Recipe Slow Cooker dinner idea this week!
You will be surprised how delicious this crock pot roast recipe is. It is crazy simple but packed with flavor.
No need for expensive seasoning packets when you can make a delicious roast at home with ingredients you probably already have!
Your family will love this recipe and I am certain it will be a hit!
Print this Crock Pot Roast Recipe below:
The Best Crock pot Roast Recipe that you can make without seasoning packets. Try this easy slow cooker pot roast with veggies that taste amazing!
- 2 to 3 lbs roast
- 1.5 lbs any potatoes of your choice cut into chunks (I used small baby yellow potatoes so there was not cutting)
- 4 carrots peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 onion cut into chunks
- 4 cups beef stock or broth one carton
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water for the gravy
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
First cut all your vegetables into large chunks. You want them to be bigger so they will not turn into mush.
Add your roast to the crock pot and then place the vegetables around the roast.
Add all your seasonings.
Next add in the beef stock.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
Shred the beef.
Now, time to make the gravy. In a small bowl whisk together the 1/4 cup of water and the cornstarch.
Remove 2 cups of the liquid from the crock pot and place in a sauce pan.
Whisk in the water and cornstarch mixture in with the beef juice.
Bring to a boil, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes until it begins to thicken. It will thicken as it cools as well.
Drizzle the gravy over the roast, potatoes, and carrots and enjoy!
Check out these other easy Crock Pot Recipes:
- Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- Crockpot Hamburger Helper Recipe
- Sweet Glazed Carrots – Kid Friendly Crock pot Carrots recipe!
- Crock pot Ranch Pork Chops
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Crock Pot Street Tacos
- The Best Crock Pot Roast Recipe
- Crock pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- Slow Cooker: Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
- The Best Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe – only 3 ingredients
- Crock Pot Cube Steak and Gravy
- Crock pot chicken and dumplings
- crock pot chicken pie recipe
- Crock Pot BBQ Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Crock pot Italian chicken recipe
Be sure to check out all of our delicious Crock Pot Recipes here.