You can make this delicious Instant Pot Roast Dinner Recipe quickly with your pressure cooker! It’s so tender and packed with a ton of flavor. The veggies add even more yummy flavor. This is the best pot roast recipe for the Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Roast Dinner Recipe
There isn’t anything better than a yummy roast! You will love the Best Pot Roast Recipe for the Instant Pot! It literally just falls apart it is SO tender! You can cut it with a fork. Yum! The potatoes and carrots are so flavorful and even your non veggie eaters will love it! The gravy is amazing! I could just spoon it over everything! It’s delicious! Really…you have to try it! The gravy is the best stuff ever!
You will need an electric pressure cooker for this recipe. I am using an 8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart if you prefer.
I personally have an Instant Pot and so far I am loving it. The other day I made Instant Pot Creamy Taco Soup and it was amazing! The chicken was still frozen but with the Instant Pot, I was able to cook it in literally no time! You can find the Instant pot on sale here. I’m really bad about forgetting to take something out of the freezer. Everyday I have all intentions of doing so and then get side tracked. Next thing I know, it’s an hour before dinner time and well my meat is frozen! Since I bought an instant pot, problem solved! It cooks everything so fast that it’s ok if I forget!
If you don’t have an instant pot then try our delicious crock pot version. It is the Best Crock Pot Roast Recipe.
Now this is literally a one pot meal and it’s so easy! I like to use small baby yellow potatoes so I don’t have to cut them. It saves me a few minutes. Baby red potatoes are also amazing with this roast as well. You can use normal size potatoes and cut them up if you prefer! Another time saver is to use baby carrots so you just toss in and go. I only had regular carrots in my fridge this time but it would have saved a few minutes to use baby carrots.
I think this meal is amazing with all the flavors blended together with the roast and veggies. If you have any leftovers, which my family often scrapes the instant pot clean. 🙂 But if you do, it’s really delicious to mash the potatoes with a little bit of the broth. Top with some of the gravy and oh my goodness!! So good! Oh who am I kidding, just go ahead and put some of that gravy on the carrots too. I just like it on everything.
Have you ever tried Open Faced Roast Sandwiches? This is another yummy recipe for leftovers. You can use sandwich bread or some of those leftover biscuits and just create a little sandwich but with the bread open. Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy on everything! This is the best comfort food.
- 2 to 3 lbs roast
- 1.5 lbs of any potatoes of your choice, cut into chunks (I used small baby yellow potatoes so there was not cutting)
- 4 carrots peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 onion cut into chunks
- 4 cups of beef stock or broth (one carton)
- 1 teaspoon of minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 cup of water (for the gravy)
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
How to make Pressure Cooker Pot Roast Dinner Recipe:
- First cut all your vegetables into large chunks. You want them to be bigger so they will not turn into mush.
- Add your roast to the Instant Pot and then place the vegetables around the roast.
- Add all your seasonings.
- Next add in the beef stock.
- Add the lead and make sure it is set to sealing. Set the timer for 50 minutes and do a slow release.
- Shred the beef.
- Now, time to make the gravy. In a small bowl whisk together the 1/4 cup of water and the cornstarch.
- Remove 2 cups of the liquid from the crock pot and place in a sauce pan.
- Whisk in the water and cornstarch mixture in with the beef juice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes until it begins to thicken. It will thicken as it cools as well.
- Drizzle the gravy over the roast, potatoes, and carrots and enjoy!
This is the Best Pot Roast Pressure Cooker Recipe!
Do you see why we love it so much? It’s incredibly simple and everyone just loves it. It’s rare to find a meal my entire family will eat and love. Once I do find something, I put it on the menu plan rotation frequently. Another family favorite is this Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe. It’s so hearty and good!
This recipe is so yummy! The veggies really are amazing. Even if you have someone in your family that is not a big meat eater, they can make a meal out of these delicious potatoes and carrots. You will be amazed at how much flavor it has! No need to use those fancy seasoning packs that can be expensive. This roast is amazing!
Sometimes, I like to make a platter of The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe. These deviled eggs are so creamy and delicious. They go perfectly with this yummy roast.
Who is ready to try this yummy roast? I am getting hungry just thinking about this tender roast and yummy veggies! It is SO good that your family will ask for this over and over again. It’s so easy that you will gladly make it for them!
You might also enjoy Instant Pot Beef Tips and Gravy Recipe! The gravy is good on everything.
We also like Instant Pot Meatball Sandwich Recipe. I love meals that the entire family will enjoy and that only takes a few minutes to prepare.
Find more Sunday Dinner Pressure Cooker Recipes here:
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Instant pot Boneless Pork Chops
- Instant pot Twice Baked Potatoes
- Pressure Cooker Spaghetti
- Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese