Enjoy this classic recipe for instant pot cube steak in minutes thanks to the pressure cooker. The meat is tender and the gravy is the best comfort food.
Instant pot cube steak is so easy!
This delicious meal is one of our favorite things to make when craving comfort food. It tastes like you have been in the kitchen all day and no one will guess it was pressure cooked. The next time you need a fast dinner that tastes amazing, try making cube steak in the instant pot.
What is cube steak?
This is a type of beef that has been pounded with a meat tenderizer. It is normally top sirloin or top round.
- Cube Steak
- Olive Oil
- Package Onion Soup Mix
- Cream of Mushroom Soup (Cream of chicken can also be used and we have an easy recipe for homemade cream of chicken. )
- Beef Broth
- Egg Noodles
- Corn Starch
Do you pound cube steak?
This type of meat is sold already pounded and tenderized. However, pounding it more will help to make the meat even more tender.
How to make instant pot cube steak
First, turn the instant pot to the sauté setting.
Second, add the olive oil. Now, place the cube steak in the instant pot and allow them to brown on both sides. Once they are browned, remove and set aside.
Note: Make sure that you do not cook them all the way through. Also, you will have to brown the meat in batches to brown all the steaks.
Once all of the steaks have been browned, add the beef broth. I like to gently scrape the bottom of the pan so that you can get any of the remaining brown bits up.
Next, turn the instant pot off. Put the cube steaks back in the instant pot. Sprinkle the onion soup mix and the cream of mushroom soups on top of the meat.
Now that you have everything in the pressure cooker, add the lid and set the valve on top of the lid to the sealing position.
Let this cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Once finished, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then move the valve on the lid to the venting position to release the rest of the pressure from the instant pot.
Finally, once all the pressure has been released from the instant pot, remove the cube steaks and place them on a separate plate.
How to make the gravy
It’s really easy. First, stir the gravy in the instant pot and switch the instant pot back to the sauté setting.
In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Once it is mixed together, add it to the instant pot and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep whisking to thicken the sauce.
As soon as the sauce is the desired thickness, turn off the instant pot.
It’s that easy to make Cube steak instant pot recipe!
What to serve with cube steak?
- Mashed Potatoes or Egg noodles- The gravy is really good on either of these. We have an easy recipe for Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes everyone loves. You might also like this over rice. Did you know you can freeze rice for a quick and easy side dish? It is so easy.
- Veggies- I like to serve a green vegetable such as green beans, broccoli or asparagus. All of these are super easy and delicious.
- Bread– You definitely need something to dip into that amazing gravy. You pick up something from the bakery or make these easy dinner rolls or homemade biscuits.
Your family will love Instant pot cube steak with gravy!
The entire recipe screams comfort food. It is amazing and definitely going to be a hit. My family loves when this is on the menu plan.
Each bite is really tender and so flavorful. The meat tastes like it was slow cooked all day long. No one will guess it took only minutes in the pressure cooker.
I just love my instant pot. It sure makes dinner time a breeze! No worries if you do not have a pressure cooker yet, try making our Crock Pot Cube Steak and Gravy Recipe.
Print this instant pot cube steak recipe below:
Instant Pot Cube Steak
- 1.5 lbs Cube Steak
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Package Onion Soup Mix 2 oz.
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup 10.5 oz
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 12 oz Egg Noodles
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- Turn the instant pot to the sauté setting.
- Add in the olive oil. Then add in the cube steaks and brown them on both sides but do not cook them all the way through. You will have to work in batches to brown all the steaks.
- Then remove the steaks and add in the beef broth. Gently scrape the bottom of the pan to get up all the remaining brown bits.
- Then turn the instant pot off. Add the cube steaks back to the instant pot and top with the onion soup mix and the cream of mushroom soups.
- Add the lid and set the valve on top of the lid to the sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. After the cook time, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then move the valve on the lid to the venting position to release the rest of the pressure from the instant pot.
- Once all the pressure has been released from the instant pot.
- Remove the cube steaks and place them on a separate plate.
- Stir the gravy in the instant pot and switch to the instant pot back to the sauté setting. Mix together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir this mixture into the instant pot and cook for 2-3 minutes while whisking to thicken the sauce. Once the sauce is the thickness that you prefer, turn off the instant pot.
- Meanwhile cook the egg noodles based on the package instructions.
- Serve the steak with the gravy over the egg noodles and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe