Turn inexpensive beef into tender and flavor packed Instant pot beef teriyaki recipe. Skip take out and make this easy dish instead for a great dinner.
Instant pot beef teriyaki recipe
Beef teriyaki is one of my favorite things to order out. I wanted an easy recipe I could enjoy at home anytime I wanted this. I am so excited that Instant Pot Beef Teriyaki Recipe is amazing and better than takeout.
Not only does my family love this but it literally takes minutes in the pressure cooker. We are saving so much money from eating out and saving time too. Plus, we all agree this tastes better. This is definitely a win for Mom!
I guarantee this will take less time than going to get takeout. You have to try this delicious and quick meal today!
- Flank Steak
- teriyaki Sauce
How to make instant pot beef teriyaki:
First, put the beef in the instant pot. We used this 6 quart electric pressure cooker.
Second, add the sliced onions on top of the beef.
Next, pour the teriyaki sauce and water all over the top of the beef.
Finally, seal the instant pot and cook on high pressure. Once it is finished cooking, let the instant pot sit for 15 minutes by doing a natural release. This will gradually release the pressure from the pressure cooker.
Once the 15 minutes is up, if the pressure vent it not all the way up, move the valve to the venting position to release the pressure.
How to thicken the sauce:
If you prefer a thicker sauce, combine cornstarch and water together. I normally do 2 Tbsp of Cornstarch and ¼ cup of water and that does the trick. Add this mixture to the instant pot and stir.
Tips for instant pot beef teriyaki:
- You can also use diced up round steak, diced up beef roast or stew meat for this recipe. Use what is on sale or already in the freezer. It will turn out amazing regardless of the cuts of meat.
- Make sure you have an instant pot. I have the 8 quart one and I like this size for my family size. It is plenty of room. If you have a smaller family, try the 6 quart pressure cooker that works great if you are cooking for a family of 4.
- You can toss in frozen veggies in the pressure cooker. I like stir fry veggies or sometimes I just add snow peas. Just add what your family likes. My kids don’t complain about eating their veggies when they are covered in this yummy teriyaki sauce.
- Rice- You can make instant pot rice for a quick side. Learn how to freeze rice to make dinner even quicker.
- Fried rice – If you have a few extra minutes, make fried rice to serve with this easy meal. I love to use leftover rice to make fried rice.
- Steamed broccoli – Make broccoli in the microwave in just minutes to serve for a quick side.
I also like to top each bowl with green onion and sesame seeds but that is optional.
Ideas for leftovers?
- Reheat the next day for a quick lunch. Everyone loves it and actually hopes we have leftovers.
- Shred it and make burritos or enchiladas.
- You can also shred it and make beef fried rice. It is very similar to chicken fried rice and you can just substitute beef instead. This recipe also is a great way to stretch your meat budget.
- Make lettuce wraps. Easy and yummy!
Everyone will love Pressure cooker beef teriyaki!
Print this recipe for pressure cooker beef teriyaki:
Instant pot beef teriyaki
- 2 lbs Flank Steak cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Onion Sliced
- 1 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
- Place the beef in a 6 quart electric pressure cooker.
- Place the sliced onions on top and pour the teriyaki sauce and water over the top of the beef.
- Seal the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- After the cook time, allow the instant pot to sit for 15 minutes (this is called a natural release) to gradually release the pressure from the instant pot. After this time, if the pressure vent is not all the way up, move the valve on the lid to the venting position to release all the remaining pressure from the instant pot.
- Serve warm over rice and enjoy!
If you would like a thicker sauce, combine 2 Tbsp of Cornstarch with ¼ cup of water and stir this mixture into the instant pot.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe