This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Turn inexpensive beef into something spectacular with this Instant Pot Beef Curry Recipe. This recipe is budget friendly and so delicious that your family will want this all the time.
Easy Instant Pot Beef Curry Recipe:
Beef Curry sounds fancy but really it is one of the easiest recipes to make. Plus, the instant pot gets this on the table in only 25 minutes. Making Instant Pot Recipes have been a game change for my family.
Forget take out when you can enjoy tasty recipes like this at home in less time than it takes to go to the drive thru. The flavor is so delicious with the curry and tomatoes blended with the beef.
The meat is so tender that you will think it was slow cooked all day instead of cooked in the instant pot in minutes. You can use an inexpensive cut of beef and it will still be tender and flavorful in this recipe.
It is a win all around.
What Cut of Beef to use for Beef Curry:
We used a roast that we got on sale for this recipe. But we have also used cheap steak and the steak turned out so tender. Other suggestions would be beef stew meat, or any other type of meat cut into chunks.
The instant pot combined with the other ingredients will help tenderize any type of meat and give it so much flavor.
Pressure Cooker Beef Curry Ingredients:
- Cheap Steak or Roast
- Beef Broth
- Tomato Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Yellow Curry Powder
- Powdered Garam Masala
- Yellow Onion
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Chopped Red Onion, to garnish
How to Make Beef Curry in the Instant Pot:
- Step 1 – Place beef in instant pot – First, place the steak and yellow onion in the Instant pot. Make sure the beef is in chunks or small pieces.
- Step 2 – Combine Ingredients – Next, in a small bowl mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Step 3 – Cover and Pressure Cook – Cover and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure on high pressure. Cook for about 15 minutes to 25 minutes on high pressure depending on your meat.
- Step 4 – Do Quick Release – Do a quick release to release the pressure. Remove the lid and stir the tender beef.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – It is that easy. Keep reading for the full recipe. We recommend seasoning with salt and pepper before serving.
How to Thicken the Sauce:
To thicken the sauce, you can add in a cornstarch slurry which consist of 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to 1 tablespoon of water. Mix together and add into the mixture and heat.
You can also put the instant pot on sauté mode with lid off until liquid has reduce. This should get the consistency that you are looking for.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Beef Curry?
- White Rice – This recipe is delicious served over rice with red onion and cilantro.
- Cauliflower Rice – If you are eating low carb, serve this meal with cauliflower rice.
- Vegetables – You might also like to try these easy Roasted Green Beans or learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave for a super easy veggie side dish. Both of these only take a few minutes to make.
- Make a bowl – We love to make this into a beef curry bowl. Add rice, beef curry, nuts and chopped onions for a quick and easy dinner idea.
- Salad – If you are doing a low carb diet, top the beef curry over a green salad.
- Pasta – This beef curry would be delicious served over pasta. Linguini, angel hair pasta, macaroni, egg noodles or rice noodles.
Tips for Beef Curry:
- Freeze Rice – Make this meal even easier when you learn how to freeze rice. It is so handy to just grab the rice from the freezer for meals like this one. Make extra rice and freeze it.
- Thinner Sauce – If your sauce is to thick, you can add in some water to thin out the sauce.
- Combine Ingredients – We recommend combining the sauce ingredients in a bowl and then add to the instant pot. This ensure that the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Cooking Time – Cooking time will vary depending on this type of meat you use.
- Change the meat – You can easily use chicken or pork for this recipe.
- Add in vegetables – Add in carrots and potatoes or fresh tomatoes for added flavor.
- Stovetop – You can easily make this recipe on your stovetop. Brown the beef and then add in the sauce ingredients. Cook for about 20 minutes. Serve over rice.
- Change the Seasoning – We used simple ingredients, feel free to increase or decrease the amount you add. You can also use what you have on hand.
- Asian Flavoring – Use Asian herbs and seasoning such as ginger or coriander.
- Coconut Milk – If you prefer to have a creamy sauce, add in some coconut milk.
How to Store Leftovers:
This beef curry stores great and we think it taste even better the next day. The ingredients marinating together overnight gives it so much flavor. Store in the fridge in an air tight container and it will stay good for about 3 to 4 days.
When you are ready to reheat, place on the stove top or reheat in the microwave.
Easy Instant Pot Beef Recipe:
We love using our instant pot for quick and easy dinners. I love that I can take a frozen meal from my freezer and place it in the pressure cooker and dinner is done. This is perfect to when you forget to set something out for dinner.
This recipe is budget friendly and this is one of my kids favorite recipes.
More Instant Pot Beef Recipes:
- Instant Pot Beef Tips and Gravy Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- Instant Pot Beef Carnitas
- Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
Print this Instant Pot Beef Curry Recipe:
Instant Pot Beef Curry Recipe
- Place the steak and yellow onion in the Instant pot.
- In a small bowl mix mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure for 25 minutes on high pressure.
- Do a quick release to release the pressure.
- Serve over rice and top with red onion and cilantro.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe