Well, I’m so excited to share with you this easy Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe. The instant pot can get the job done. This beef stew pressure cooker recipe comes together in no time.
So, if you’re like me and waited until the last minute for dinner, give this recipe a try! This easy pressure cooker beef stew recipe is hearty and full of tender beef, potatoes and vegetables. It tastes like it has been cooking all day, but it actually is ready in minutes!
These is one of my absolute favorite easy recipes made in the instant pot.
Check out this how to video!
Easy Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
I have really been trying harder to menu plan and get organized. However, there are some days that it’s nearly dinner time and everything is still in the freezer. Please tell me that you can release and I’m not alone!
My instant pot has been a life saver in these situations. I can get the same tenderness from a crock pot but without having to cook it all day. Didn’t take the meat out of the freezer? No worries! I have used thawed out meat and frozen meat in the instant pot and they both cook super fast.
Now, if you still don’t have an instant pot, I have a Quick & Easy Crock pot Beef Stew Recipe you will love, but you really need to jump on board with the Instant Pot. I’m telling you, it’s changed dinner time around here.
The meat is so tender that no one will believe you cooked it so quickly! It literally cuts with a fork as if it were slow cooked all day.
Let’s get started making Beef Stew Pressure Cooker Recipe!
- Stew Meat
- Frozen Green Beans
- Russet Potatoes
- Bay Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Worcestershire Sauce
How to make Instant Pot Beef Stew:
You are not going to believe how easy it is to make this instant pot recipe.
First in an Instant pot or electric pressure cooker place the stew meat and the potatoes on the bottom.
Then place the green beans, onions, and carrots on top of the beef and potatoes.
Next pour the can of crushed tomatoes into the instant pot and top with the Worcestershire sauce and the water. Finally season with salt and pepper.
Once all the ingredients have been added to the pressure cooker, place the lid on the instant pot and turn the valve on the top to the sealing position. Set the time for 20 minutes on high pressure. Note: If your meat is frozen, then cook it on high pressure for 25 minutes.
Allow the meal to cook in the instant and once finished, do a quick release by manually move the lid value from the sealing position to the venting position.
I recommend a quick release on this recipe so that the potatoes and the vegetables don’t become too soft. If you use a natural release instead, the carrots and potatoes will likely be too soft after the cook time.
Finally remove the bay leaf and then allow the meal to sit for a a few minutes so that the sauce thickens and then serve immediately while it’s still warm.
With the cooking time and the time for the instant pot to come to pressure, this delicious beef stew is ready under 35 minutes!
Tips for the best Instant Pot Beef Stew:
Generally I use beef stew meat for this recipe as it’s usually the most cost effective. However, you can use a chuck roast or rump roast and cut it into 1 inch pieces before placing it in the pressure cooker.
Make sure that you dice the carrots and the potatoes into large pieces, if they’re diced too small, they will cook too quickly in the instant pot. I have also used sweet potatoes instead of Russet potatoes in this recipe and it’s delicious.
I usually don’t brown my stew meat for this beef stew recipe because I’m pretty lazy in the kitchen. However, you can brown the stew meat on the sauté setting with 2 tsp of olive oil if you prefer. Then scrap off the brown bits, add the other ingredients and switch the instant pot to the pressure cooker setting.
Generally, I use water for this beef stew recipe as the beef and other seasoning add a ton of flavor; however, you can use beef broth or add a beef bouillon cube to the ingredients to add more beef flavor based on your preference.
After the cook time, if the beef stew is too watery, switch the instant pot the sauté setting and allow for the excess liquid to cook off until the stew is the consistency that you prefer.
What to serve with Beef Stew:
I love serving this pressure cooker beef stew recipe with my easy homemade corn bread recipe. This recipe is easy to make and perfect with this beef stew recipe.
Plus here are some of my other favorite corn bread recipes:
- Sweet Honey Corn Bread Recipe
- Cheddar Jalapeño Cornbread
- Easy Cornbread Muffins
- Gluten Free Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread Recipe
Print this Beef Stew Recipe Instant Pot Below:
Quick and Easy Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
- 3 pounds stew meat
- 16 oz. frozen green beans
- 3 whole carrots (peeled and cut into large pieces)
- 3 russet potatoes (peeled and diced into large pieces)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Can of Crushed Tomatoes (14 oz.)
- 1/4 cup Worchershire Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- In an Instant pot or electric pressure cooker place the stew meat and the potatoes on the bottom.
- Place the green beans, onions, and carrots on top.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and the water on top. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Cover and set the valve on the lid to the sealing position. Set the time for 20 minutes on high pressure.
- Once finished, do a quick release by moving the valve on the lid from the sealing position to the venting position.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes before serving and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Beef Stew Recipes:
- Irish Beef Stew Recipe
- Crock Pot Mexican Beef Stew
- Crock Pot Steak and Potatoes Beef Stew Recipe
- Ground Beef Stew
- Sweet Potato Stew
Try these other Instant pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Instant pot Boneless Pork Chops
- Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Instant pot Twice Baked Potatoes
- Quick and Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Stew Recipe
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Stew
- Beef Tips and Gravy Recipe
- Mississippi Pot Roast Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Cube Steak