This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock Pot Ground Beef Stew Recipe is hearty and delicious while being so easy to make. Switch things up from traditional stew and make this tasty ground beef stew for your family.
Crock Pot Ground Beef Stew Recipe:
We love stew recipes and this is a nice change from recipes we normally make. Since it uses ground beef, the consistency of the soup is a little different and a really amazing dinner idea.
The kids call it hamburger soup and love when this is on the menu for dinner. Even better, the crock pot does all the work and you can set it and forget it.
Easy Slow Cooker Ground Beef Stew Recipe:
We love this easy ground beef stew because it is budget friendly and easy to make. The combination of the vegetables, seasoning and beef really makes this an easy meal idea.
The stew was so filling and delicious and the best comfort food. Each bite was amazing. This stew is always a family favorite.
Ingredients for Beef Stew with Ground Beef:
- Lean Ground Beef
- Sweet Onion
- Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes
- Carrots (You can also use baby carrots if you prefer.)
- Tomato Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- Diced Tomatoes
- Low-Sodium Beef Broth
- Minced Garlic – You can also use garlic clove.
- Parsley Flakes
- Italian Seasoning
- Frozen Green Peas
How to Make Crockpot Ground Beef Stew Recipe:
- Step 1 – Brown your ground beef in a skillet first until no longer pink. Then add to the slow cooker.
- Step 2 – Next, add the remaining ingredients (except for the peas) and stir together.
- Step 3 – Cover and cook on low for about 6 to 7 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Step 4 – 1 hour before cooking time is up add the peas and let cook the remaining time.
- Step 5 – Serve with crusty bread.
What to Serve with Ground Beef Slow Cooker Stew:
- Bread – This meal is amazing with crusty bread so you can dip into that yummy broth. Pick up a loaf of french bread from the bakery or make these easy homemade dinner rolls.
- Cornbread – Just use whatever your family likes. We have even made this easy homemade cornbread and served the soup with that.
- Jalapeno Cornbread – You can also try Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe for a little extra kick.
- Cracker and Cheese – When we serve soup, crackers and cheese always pair well with this soup.
- Grilled Cheese – Pair your soup with a grilled sandwich. I like to serve this soup with a sandwich when I am eating it for lunch.
Tips for Ground Beef Stew Crock Pot Recipe:
- Brown Ground Beef – Before adding to the slow cooker, make sure to brown ground beef.
- Chopping Vegetables – When preparing the stew, make sure to chop vegetables about the same size. This allows them to cook about the same time.
- Peas – We recommend adding peas into the stew when you have about an hour left of cooking time. I usually add them when I am preparing the side to serve with the stew.
Can you Put Raw Ground Beef in a Slow Cooker?
You can but you will need to separate it and mix the stew thoroughly once cooked and before serving. Just make sure you are using a lean ground beef so that you don’t make the stew greasy.
There are slow cookers that allow you to brown the ground beef right in the slow cooker. We really like the Instant Pot Aura as it has many different functions.
How long does it take to Cook Hamburger in a Crock Pot?
Ground beef takes about 4-6 hours on low to cook. If cooking in the slow cooker, make sure you use a lean ground beef to limit the grease.
- Change the Meat – Yes, this recipe is so easy to use other items. We have used ground turkey before and the meal was just as amazing. We have also combined ground turkey and ground beef.
- Tomato Soup – We have even used tomato soup before when I didn’t have tomato sauce and the ground beef potatoes mixture was amazing and so flavorful.
- Other Sauces – Sometimes I will add a dash of worcestershire sauce to the beef broth and it is yummy. Some call this stew poor man stew because it can be made so frugally but it is so delicious.
- Vegetables – We liked using carrots, onions, and potatoes. But you can definitely use what vegetables you have on hand.
How to Store Leftovers:
Ground Beef Stew is perfect for leftovers. We like to store in individual containers so it is a quick lunch the next day. Store in a microwave safe dish so it is easy to heat up.
If stored properly the ground beef stew will last about 3 to 4 days.
Can you Freeze Ground Beef Stew?
Yes, you can freeze hamburger stew. Stew is one of those recipes that is good to always have in the freezer. It is easy to thaw and reheat when you are ready to serve again.
Store in individual freezer container and it will last about 3 months. If you need more tips and tricks on how to freeze soup, we have all the information here.
Print Recipe here for this Easy and Delicious Crockpot Ground Beef Stew:
Crock Pot Ground Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Yukon gold or red potatoes peeled and chopped into 1″ pieces
- 1 lb bag carrots peeled and diced
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt if needed
- 1 cups frozen green peas
- Brown ground beef.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except for the peas) and stir together. Cook on low heat for 6-7 hours.
- 1 hour before cooking time is up add the peas and let cook the remaining time.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Find More Ground Beef Crockpot Recipes:
- Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe
- Crock Pot Poor Man’s Stew Recipe
- Over 20 Ground Beef Crockpot Recipes
- Crockpot Beef Taco Pasta Recipe
- Crock Pot Chili Mac Recipe
- Crockpot Hamburger Helper Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Crock Pot American Goulash Recipe