This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock Pot American Goulash Recipes are so easy to prepare and filling and delicious. Try this simple Crockpot American Goulash Recipe for a meal full of hearty ground beef, tomatoes, pasta and more.
American Goulash Crock Pot Recipe
If you are looking for a one pot meal that everyone will love, this is your recipe. This goulash recipe is something our family enjoys all year long. It is warm and comforting but light enough to enjoy all year.
Each bite is loaded with lots of ground beef and more. Crock pot Goulash is the perfect comfort food as it is loaded with noodles, beef and tomato base sauce. The ingredients are simple but the recipe is full of flavor.
If you are looking for a simple recipe that works great for an easy weeknight meal, goulash is our go-to. Making in the crock pot makes it even easier. Add you favorite sides and serve this recipe tonight.
What is American Goulash?
American Goulash combines the easy ingredients of noodles, ground beef and a tomato base sauce. Cooking this American Goulash recipe makes for an easy one pot meal. Even the noodles cook directly in the slow cooker.
Some may say it is similar to spaghetti. But goulash is made with the noodles and sauce cooked together. Spaghetti is made with the noodles and meat sauce cooks separately.
What is another name for American Goulash?
Based on where you live, American Goulash can be called many different names. Here are a few of them:
- American Chop Suey
- Johnny Marzetti
Ingredients for Crockpot Goulash:
- Ground Beef
- Onion, diced
- Green Bell Pepper, diced
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Crushed Tomatoes 14.5 oz
- Diced Tomatoes 14.5 0z
- Beef Broth
- Dry Uncooked Elbow Macaroni Noodles
This is such an easy meal to make.
How to Make American Goulash in a Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Prepare Ground Beef – Brown your ground beef with the onion and add to the slow cooker.
- Step 2 – Add in vegetables and seasoning – Next, add the peppers, onions, tomatoes, broth and all of the seasonings.
- Step 3 – Cover and Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or Cook on high for 3-4.
- Step 4 – Stir in Pasta – In the last 15 minutes before serving stir in the pasta. It is so easy. Now, don’t worry if it looks watery because the pasta will soak it up.
- Step 5 – Simmer in Slow Cooker – Let it all simmer together for another 15 minutes until pasta is al dente. Cooking time may vary, it may take up to 30 minutes.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately. We like to top with shredded cheese but that is optional.
Keep reading for the full recipe.
Can you make Goulash in a Crockpot?
Yes, you most certainly can. While the stove top works just as well, we love the ease of the crockpot.
The slow cooker makes it so easy because you can home to dinner ready and waiting. Perfect for busy weeknights and the best comfort food.
Tips for the Best Crockpot Goulash:
- Ground Beef – We recommend cooking the ground beef in a separate skillet. You can also prepare the ground beef before hand and then add to slow cooker on cooking day.
- Vegetables – Chop the vegetables ahead of time to easily add to your slow cooker on cooking day. We like to chop vegetables and freeze them to easily add to any recipe.
- Pasta – Add the un cook pasta towards the end of the cooking time to the slow cooker. The pasta sauce based goulash will cook the pasta in the slow cooker without dirtying another pan.
- Add in other Vegetables – Add in some other vegetables when adding in the bell pepper. Chopped carrots and mushrooms are some of our favorites. You can also add in some frozen vegetables such as frozen spinach, peas, or corn. It is a great way to sneak in some vegetables.
- Change the Pasta – We used macaroni noodles, but you can easily use other types of noodles. Rigatoni noodles or penne noodles would work well with this recipe.
What to Serve with American Goulash:
This Beef Goulash is good all by itself and on really busy days that is exactly what we did. We just served up heaping bowls of this delicious goulash and dinner was served.
- Cornbread Recipe – It is really good with cornbread to dip into that delicious tomato sauce. We love this Homemade Cornbread Recipe.
- Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe – Also, for a little heat we like Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe.
- Side Salad – Otherwise the recipe is really good by itself. If you feel like you need something green, try a simple side salad for a really quick option.
- Roasted Vegetables – You can also learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave for a quick and easy side dish. We also love these delicious roasted green beans.
- Peas – We love to serve a side of green peas. My kids like to mix the peas in with the goulash for a flavor meal idea.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – If you like to top your goulash with shredded make sure you shred your own cheese. Pre-shredded cheese taste and melts perfectly when mixing with the goulash dish.
How to Store leftover Slow Cooker Goulash:
- In the Refrigerator – Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The beef goulash will last about 3-4 days. It makes the perfect lunch the next day.
- Freezing Goulash – Since this recipe includes pasta, this American Goulash is not freezer safe.
- Reheating – To reheat leftovers, heat in the microwave in a microwave safe container. Heat in 30 seconds intervals until heated.
Print Crockpot Goulash Recipe below:
Crock pot American Goulash
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onion. Drain off the excess grease and add to a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add in bell pepper, Italian Seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic, tomatoes, and broth. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4.
- 15 minutes before serving stir in the pasta. It will look very watery but don’t worry the pasta will soak it up. Cover and cook for 15 minutes until the desired tenderness is reached.
- Serve immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More beef Crockpot Recipes You’ll Love!
- Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Easy Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Crockpot Hamburger Helper Recipe
- Crock pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Quick and Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew Recipe
- Crock Pot Vegetable and Beef Chili Recipe