Beef and Broccoli Crock Pot Recipe is a great meal idea that is healthy and delicious and the slow cooker does all the work. You can enjoy a delicious meal as soon as you get home packed with tender beef and flavorful broccoli.
Beef and Broccoli Crock Pot Recipe:
If you love beef and broccoli take out, this recipe is a must try. You will save a ton of money and it is so simple to make.
The beef has the best flavor and the broccoli is amazing. This recipe works for the entire family and is sure to be a hit.
Serve it over rice and you have a such an easy meal for your family to enjoy. The beef and broccoli come out so tender cooking in the crock pot all day.
Do you have to brown stew meat before putting it in the crock pot?
It is not necessary to brown the meat before adding to the crock pot. I like easy recipes especially ones that I can toss everything in the crock pot. So no need to dirty up another dish to brown the meat, just toss it in the crock pot.
- Round Steak
- Beef Broth
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Brown Sugar
- Sesame Oil
- Fresh Broccoli Florets
- Sesame Seeds for topping but that is optional
How to cook Beef and Broccoli in Crockpot:
- Prepare Broth Mixture – Place the steak in a slow cooker. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the beef broth, soy sauce, minced garlic, brown sugar and sesame oil.
- Pour mixture in crockpot – Pour this mixture on top of the steak in the crock pot.
- Cook Beef in Crock Pot – Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3 hours until the beef is tender. Cooking time will vary.
- Prepare Cornstarch Mixture – Whisk together the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl. Stir this mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add in Broccoli – Then stir in the broccoli and cook on low for about 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened and broccoli is cooked through.
- Serve and Enjoy – Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately over rice.
How to Thicken Sauce?
We love that this meal can all be prepared in the crock pot. But sometimes, we like a thicker sauce.
- To thicken the sauce, we use cornstarch and water. Mix the two ingredients in a separate bowl and then pour into the crock pot. Allow this mixture to cook with the other ingredients for about 30 minutes will thicken the sauce.
When to add Broccoli to Slow Cooker?
When to add broccoli to the slow cooker will depend on if you use frozen broccoli or fresh broccoli. We used fresh broccoli florets in this recipe, so we tossed them in when there was about 30 minutes left to cook the meal.
If you are using frozen broccoli, you will want to add the broccoli at the very last minute. This allows the broccoli to stay fresh and crisp. If cooked to long the broccoli will turn to mush.
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli Tips:
- Prepare ahead of time – If you know you are going to have a busy morning, prepare this meal the night before, and then just toss in the crock pot in the morning.
- Freezer Friendly – This is also a great meal for meal prepping. Combine the ingredients and place in a freezer safe container or zip lock bag and place in the freezer. Then when you are to prepare, place in the crock pot frozen.
- Use different Beef – We usually round steak, but you can also use stew meat. But you can also use sirloin steak or chuck roast. You can also use flank steak.
- Soy Sauce – If you wanting to keep the carbs low, use coconut aminos. You can also add in oyster sauce.
- Stir Fry – For a second meal idea, stir fry the ingredients to reheat. You can also mix in the rice and other vegetables.
- Instant Pot – You can make this recipe in the Instant Pot for a quick meal idea.
- Green Onions – Top with green onions and sesame seeds to add in some flavor.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Add in red pepper flakes for some extra heat in the sauce.
Can you Frozen Broccoli?
Yes, you can use frozen broccoli. We used fresh broccoli in this recipe, but you can use frozen. Make sure to add it in at the very last minute so it doesn’t turn to mush.
How long does it take for broccoli to cook in a crock pot on high?
If you were to just steam broccoli in the crockpot it would take about 45 minutes cooked on high. If you cook the broccoli in the sauce that has already been heated, it would take about 30 minutes.
What to serve with Crockpot Beef and Broccoli?
- White Rice
- Brown Rice
- Cauliflower Rice
- Egg Rolls
- Egg Drop Soup
How to Store and Reheat Beef and Broccoli:
- Meal Prep – This meal is perfect for leftovers. It reheats perfectly for lunch or dinner.
- Storing – Place the leftovers beef and broccoli in the air tight container. Place in the refrigerator or freezer. If placed in the freezer it will stay fresh for up to 3 months.
- Reheat – You can reheat in the microwave or in a skillet. We like reheating in a skillet so it heat thoroughly.
This is the Best Beef and Broccoli Crock Pot recipe!
It truly can work for everyone and that is what makes this recipe so great. You can also try using frozen broccoli but our family prefers fresh broccoli.
Even my kids that are not fans of broccoli gobbled this up when served with yummy beef broth soy sauce flavor. They don’t ask for take out anymore since I started making this recipe.
Print this Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli recipe below:
Easy Crock pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- 2 pounds round steak (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- 1 Broccoli Crown (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Place the steak in a slow cooker. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the beef broth, soy sauce, minced garlic, brown sugar and sesame oil. Pour this mixture on top of the steak in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3 hours until the beef is tender.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and cold water in a small mixing bowl. Stir this mixture into the slow cooker.
- Then stir in the broccoli and cook on low for about 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened and broccoli is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately over rice.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
If I wanted to do this up for a freezer meal to be used later, what would go in the freezer bag?
Barbara- I would put everything in the freezer bag except the cornstarch, broccoli and beef broth.
This turned out great. I added the broccoli a little sooner because I like the broccoli a little more done. I’ve made it twice and even made for my inlaws who loved it.
Does this have a teriyaki flavor? Hubby doesn’t care much for teriyaki so I thought about eliminating or reducing the brown sugar. What are your thoughts on that?
Beef and broccoli is a favorite of my families but takes awhile to cook. So I found this recipe and Followed the directions precisely but my meat ended up shredding ?? might need to use a different type of cut than something thin like round steak and a little less brown sugar (my daughter said it was too sweet). Otherwise, it was really good and there are no leftovers