This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
The possibilities are endless when you make this Crock Pot Shredded Beef Recipe. The slow cooker does all the work and the results are tender and flavorful beef for you to enjoy.
Shredded Crockpot Beef Recipe:
Dinner just got easier thanks to this amazing slow cooker shredded beef. It is so easy and very versatile with amazing flavor. It literally takes just a few minutes to toss the beef into the crock pot and you can come home to the best dinner.
There are so many different recipes to use this shredded beef. Add it to your favorite tacos, make quesadillas or serve over rice. We like to make this as we meal prep for the week.
Having this Shredded Beef already made saves me time and money. No need to hit the drive-thru when you can easily serve this with a side of steamed vegetables and rice. Shredded beef is the perfect for many different dinner recipes.
What Cut of Beef is Best for Shredding?
There are several different cuts of meat that you can use for shredding. We recommend a chuck roast. When you place a roast in your crock pot it comes out fork tender.
Brisket is another good option for beef shredding. I look for a roast that has good marbling running it through it. Not only is it good for shredding but it adds so much flavor.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Shredded Beef:
- Beef Roast
- Beef Broth
- Steak Seasoning
With just a few simple ingredients, you can have the most amazing and tender beef.
How to Make Slow Cooker Shredded Beef:
- Add Ingredients – Combine roast, broth, seasoning and butter in the crock pot.
- Cook Roast – Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Let is cook all day and come home to dinner ready and waiting.
- Serve and Enjoy – Shred and serve in many different recipes. We like to season with salt and pepper when ready to serve.
How to Serve Pulled Beef:
Making shredded beef in the crockpot allows you to use it for many different meals. This is the perfect meal to cook once and eat twice. These are some of my favorite ways to serve pulled beef.
- Serve over Mashed Potatoes – We love to make gravy with the juices from the beef. Then serve the beef and gravy over mashed potatoes.
- Serve over Noodles – Make a batch of egg noodles, and pour the beef and gravy over the top.
- Crock pot Shredded Beef Sandwiches – Serving the shredded beef as sandwiches is my is a quick lunch or dinner idea.
- French Dip Sandwiches – Mix together beef broth and onion soup mix in a small bowl and pour of the beef to make a the best French Dip Sandwiches.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix – Add in a packet of ranch seasoning mix to this beef when cooking, for an amazing flavor roast.
- Add in Vegetables – For a quick way to cook some vegetables with you roast, add in carrots, green beans, potatoes or celery. We love to roasted vegetables and they come out so tender.
- Taco Seasoning – If you plan on using your shredded beef for tacos, mix in some taco seasoning with some lime juice. This Mexican shredded beef would be great in enchiladas as well.
- Tomato Sauce – Add in some tomato sauce for added flavor to the shredded beef.
- Worcestershire Sauce – If you have Worcestershire Sauce, you can add in a tablespoon to the mix for some added flavor.
Shredded Beef Tips:
- Tough Meat – If you check your meat and it is tough, let it cook for a little longer.
- Cook on Low – We recommend cooking the roast on low. Slow cooking roast allows it to tender and juicy the longer it cooks.
- Other Ways to Cook – You can make this beef roast recipe in a Dutch oven.
Make BBQ Beef Sandwiches:
One of my favorite ways to use this shredded beef is mixing it with BBQ Sauce. We love the added flavors of the BBQ sauce mixed with the shredded beef. Serve the BBQ Beef on a hoagie or a roll to make the best sandwiches.
When we have friends and family over this is my go-to meal to serve. It is perfect to feed a crowd and I am not spending all day in the kitchen. Add some pasta salad, vegetables and chips and your meal is complete.
What to Serve with Crock Pot Shredded Beef:
How to Store Leftover Beef:
If you are using your leftover shredded beef for the week, make sure to store in an air tight container. Place in the refrigerator and it will last about 3 to 4 days.
How to Freeze Shredded Beef:
Once shredded beef has cooled, place in a freezer zip lock bag and make sure you remove all air out of the bag. The shredded beef will last up to 3 to 4 months if frozen properly.
How to Reheat:
To reheat your shredded beef, you can place back into the crock pot or reheat on the stove. I like to add in a little broth or water to prevent it from drying out.
Why we Love Shredded Beef Recipe:
- Easy to make – The ingredients are easy and everything cooks in the crock pot.
- Crowd Pleaser – The perfect meal to make when feeding a crowd.
- Multiple Ways to Serve – You can use this shredded beef in many different recipes.
Print this Shredded Beef Crock Pot Recipe below:
Crock Pot Shredded Beef Recipe
- Combine everything in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Shred the beef and stir it back into the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe