This Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole Recipe is amazing! It is one of our new favorite pressure cooker recipes because it saves so much time. You get all the flavor of twice baked potatoes without all the work!
This pressure cooker loaded baked potato casserole recipe is my favorite type of comfort food!
We are in love with this loaded baked potato casserole. It tastes like a loaded baked potato but you have the convenience of a casserole.
You have potatoes with the delicious skin with butter, cheese, sour cream, milk, chives, BACON and did I mention more cheese!!?
Trust me you are going to love this easy casserole recipe as much as I do and thanks to the instant pot is so easy to prepare.
You no longer have to bake potatoes for hours on baking sheets and spoon out the insides just to re-stuff them again. I promise that using the instant pot makes twice baked potatoes easier to make without loosing any of the flavor!
You’ll need a pressure cooker to make this potato casserole recipe.
Now you will need an electric pressure cooker for this recipe. I personally have an Instant Pot and so far I am loving it. I have used it for TONS of quick and easy recipes. You can find the Instant pot on sale here.
Cooking with an electric pressure cooker as been a life saver for my family. It can prepare delicious meals in less time but they taste like they have been cooking all day! I know you won’t regret the addition of this appliance in your kitchen as well.
Let’s get back to this pressure cooker loaded baked potato casserole recipe!
What ingredients do you need to make this twice baked potatoes instant pot recipe:
- Salt and Pepper
- Sour Cream
- Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (save some for toppings)
- Green Onions
- Bacon (or use bacon crumbles)
That’s it! If you have ever made twice baked potatoes before, the ingredients are pretty simple. This casserole recipe is just easier to assembly and to serve so you get all the same flavors without all the work.
If you enjoy garlic in your twice baked potatoes, you can also add 1 tsp of garlic powder to give the mashed potatoes a slightly garlic flavor.
How to make Twice Baked Potatoes in the Pressure Cooker:
First scrub the potatoes to clean them since you leave the potato skins on for this recipe. Once they are dry, cut your potatoes into chunks and don’t forget to leave the skin on.
Next place the potatoes in the pressure cooker or Instant pot. Add 1 cup of water, 1 stick of the butter, and salt and pepper. Then place the lid on top and make sure your nob is set to sealing position on the lid.
After this cook on high pressure under the manual setting for 6 minutes.
You are free to walk away and wait until the instant pot beeps. After this cooking time, do the quick release to relieve the pressure from the electric pressure cooker.
Then add the remaining butter and the milk directly into the insert of your instant pot. Mix well with an electric hand mixer (there is one on sale right now) right in the instant pot or mash with a hand masher.
After these ingredients are combined, add in the sour cream, ranch mix, and mix well. Then fold in the shredded cheese and green onions.
Next place the potato mixture in a casserole dish or your favorite baking dish. Then top with the remaining cheese, chives, bacon.
Baked in a 350 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes – 20 minutes until the cheese is melted on top.
Serve and enjoy!
Watch this video on how easy they are to make!
Two Ways to make this Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole Recipe easier!
1. You can make it ahead.
- You can easily make this the night before. Just cover it with foil.
- Place in the fridge. Then you can put it in the oven when you are ready to eat. This is perfect for big family gatherings and holidays.
2. Makes a great freezer meal recipe.
- You can freeze it. Make it up and place it in a foil pan. Allow it to cool completely and cover with foil.
- You can freeze up to 3 months.
- To reheat, you simply thaw it out overnight and bake it for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. If it is still frozen, you can bake it at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- This will be great to make in advance for holidays or family gatherings and is such an easy freezer meal recipe.
Print this Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole Recipe below:
This Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole Recipe is amazing! It is one of our new favorite pressure cooker recipes because it saves so much time!
- 5 pounds potatoes
- 1 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup milk (may need more to make it creamer)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ranch seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded cheese (save some for toppings)
- 1 bundle of green onions chopped
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled (or use bacon crumbles)
Cut your potatoes into chunks. Leave the skin on.
Place in the pressure cooker or Instant pot. Add 1 cup of water, Stick butter, and salt and pepper.
Place the lid on top and make sure your nob is set to sealing.
Then click the manual button and turn it to 6 minutes.
Walk away and wait until it beeps.
Do the quick release to relieve the pressure.
Add the other butter, milk.
Mix well with an electric hand mixer (there is one on sale right now) right in the instant pot or mash with a hand masher.
Add in sour cream, ranch mix, and mix well.
Fold in Shredded cheese and green onions.
Place in a baking dish. Top with remaining cheese, chives, bacon.
Baked in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
This recipe will deliver all the flavor of twice baked potatoes without all the work!
Have you tried these delicious potato recipes?
- Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- Easy Cheesy Potato Recipe
- Skillet Potatoes with Cheese
- Mashed Potato Cakes Recipe
Try these other easy instant pot recipes:
- Brown Sugar Carrots Pressure Cooker recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta
- Mississippi Pot Roast Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Tacos Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- Instant Pot White Rice Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe