This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Carrots are a great vegetable because they can easily be served with every meal. With the holidays coming up, I wanted to share with you a simple and easy Instant Pot Brown Sugar Carrots recipe that is a crowd pleaser at any family dinner.
Instant Pot Glazed Carrots:
Pressure Cooker Carrots are an easy side dish to serve any day of the week. We love the brown sugar glaze as it adds just the right amount of sweetness to the carrots. Brown sugar carrots instant pot recipe is budget friendly and are a family favorite.
All you need is 5 simple ingredients to create an easy side dish. You can easily make them for your holiday dinner or for an easy weeknight meal. They cook in less than 5 minutes which makes the perfect side dish.
Carrots are one of those vegetables that can be served many different ways. Roasting carrots, steam, or eat them raw dipped in ranch, carrots are always the perfect side.
Another favorite instant pot side dish is Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes.
Can you Can Carrots in an Instant Pot?
Yes, you can, can carrots in the instant pot. These easy steps helps cook your canned carrots.
- Cut and clean your carrots. I like to cut the carrots lengthwise and place them in a canned jar.
- Pack carrots tightly in jar and pour hot water over them.
- Add salt, then place lid on jar and tightly close.
- Place jars in the instant pot and cook for about 25 minutes.
- If your pressure cooker as a button for canning, I would use that option.
- After cooking, remove jars from pressure cooker and allow them to cool.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Baby Carrots
- Brown Sugar
How to make Instant Pot Carrots:
- Step 1 – Add Carrots to Instant Pot – Place the carrots inside of an electric pressure cooker.
- Step 2 – Add ingredients – Add butter, water, and brown sugar and salt.
- Step 3 – Pour Water – Pour water over the ingredients in the instant pot.
- Step 4 – Place lid on pressure cooker – Add the pressure cooker lid and set it to sealing position.
- Step 5 – Cook on High – Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Step 6 – Quick Release – Do the quick release to release the pressure after the cook time.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Toss the carrots in the sauce and serve immediately while warm. Enjoy!
Tips for Instant Pot Baby Carrots:
- Adding Ingredients – Make sure to add all the ingredients to the instant pot. This allows the carrots to cook in the delicious brown sugar glaze.
- Cook on High Pressure – For best results cook the brown sugar glazed carrots on high pressure.
- Crock Pot – These baby glazed carrots can easily be made in the slow cooker. Toss everything in and cook for about 3 hours or until carrots are tender.
- Regular Carrots – If you are using regular carrots, make sure to cut them about the same size so they cook evenly.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Carrots – We like using baby carrots for this recipe, but you can use regular carrots. Make sure to peel and clean them before adding to the instant pot.
- Seasoning – Feel free to add in fresh herbs to cook with the carrots. It adds flavor and an easy addition to this side dish.
- Maple Syrup – If you prefer you can substitute the brown sugar for maple syrup or honey.
- Add Other Vegetables – You can easily add in other vegetables to cook with the carrots. Keep in mind that the cooking time may change based on the vegetables you add. Change the seasoning or omit the brown sugar if necessary.
What to Serve with Carrots?
- Crock Pot Meatloaf – If you are making a meatloaf for your Sunday night dinner, add a side of these brown sugar carrots. They pair perfectly with meatloaf and a side of mashed potatoes.
- Baked Ranch Chicken – Bake this delicious ranch chicken and make a side of these carrots. Delicious and easy to make.
- Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops – Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops are a family favorite and the best comfort food. Cooking the pork chops in the crock pot make them super tender and they will melt in your mouth.
How do you Steam Vegetables in an Instant Pot?
There are a few different ways to steam vegetables in an electric pressure cooker. The first is by using the steamer basket or trivet to keep the vegetables out of the water or broth in the instant pot.
This option is generally the best for green vegetables or other soft vegetables that will become mushy when cooked in a liquid or easily over cooked like broccoli or asparagus.
For these vegetables, you’ll want to be sure that you use a quick release after the pressure cook time so they do not become over cooked.
How to Store Leftovers and Reheat:
Place your leftover brown sugar glazed carrots in an air tight container and place int he fridge. These carrots will stay fresh for about 3 days if stored properly.
When you are ready to reheat, place in a microwave safe dish or on a stovetop. You may need to add a tablespoon of butter or a little water to heat the carrots in.
Print Instant Pot Brown Sugar Carrots Recipe:
Instant pot Carrots recipe
- Place the carrots inside of an electric pressure cooker.
- Add butter, water, and brown sugar and salt.
- Pour water over the ingredients in the instant pot.
- Add the pressure cooker lid and set it to sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Do the quick release to release the pressure after the cook time.
- Toss the carrots in the sauce and serve immediately while warm. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Instant Pot Side Dishes Recipes:
- Pressure cooker Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Quick and Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- Instant Pot Homemade Refried Beans Recipe
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe