This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you are looking for a change to your baked chicken recipe, try this Baked Ranch Chicken Recipe. It is loaded with flavor and made with simple ingredients.
Easy Baked Ranch Chicken Recipe:
We love baking, grilling and frying chicken but my kids get tired of the same old recipes. This baked ranch chicken breast recipe is now in the rotation. My family is so pleased to see it on the menu.
The chicken breast are seasoned perfectly with parmesan cheese, ranch seasoning mix, and bread crumbs to create a delicious crunchy texture. This chicken bakes in less than 30 minutes which means an easy weeknight meal.
Turn your chicken breast from bland to flavorful with this easy and delicious recipe. The chicken turns out moist and delicious and not dried out. All you need is a handful of ingredients and the results are a delicious chicken recipe that your kids will love.
- Olive Oil
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Plain Panko Bread Crumbs
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
How to Make Baked Ranch Chicken:
- Step 1 – Prepare oven and baking dish – Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking dish with olive oil. You may have to use 2 baking dishes depending on the size of your chicken breast.
- Step 2 – Pound out chicken – Put the chicken breasts between plastic wrap and pound out the chicken breasts. Pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until the chicken is approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Step 3 – Season chicken – Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Step 4 – Whisk Eggs – Whisk the eggs together in a shallow bowl.
- Step 4 – Mix the seasoning – In a separate shallow bowl mix the ingredients. Stir together the ranch dressing mix, bread crumbs, cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Step 5 – Dip Chicken – Dip the chicken breasts in the eggs. Then use tongs to dip the chicken breasts in the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure that the chicken is coated with the mixture on both sides.
- Step 6 – Place chicken in baking dish – Then place the chicken breast in the prepared baking dish. Continue this process until all the chicken breasts are coated.
- Step 7 – Bake Chicken – Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Bake until the top of the chicken breast is golden brown.
- Step 8 – Remove from oven – Remove the chicken from the oven. Let the rest for 10 minutes. Then the chicken is ready to serve with your favorite sides and enjoy.
How do you Keep Chicken Breast moist when Baking:
The key to keeping you chicken moist when baking is baking it at a high temperature. We bake our chicken usually at 425 degrees. Another way to keep your chicken moist is to allow it to rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
Once you remove the chicken from the oven, allow it to rest in baking dish. This allows the chicken to lock in the moisture and the results are a delicious moist chicken breast.
Do you Bake Chicken Covered or Uncovered?
When we bake chicken at home we always bake it uncovered. We like to bake our chicken at high temperature for the correct amount of time. Always use a meat thermometer to ensure your chicken is cooked.
What to Serve with Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole:
This Baked Ranch Chicken can be served with many different sides. These are some of our favorites.
- Rice – Enjoy this baked chicken with a side of white rice, brown rice or cauliflower rice.
- Mashed Potatoes – My kids love mashed potatoes so I usually made Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes because they cook so quickly.
- Roasted Vegetables – Add a side of roasted broccoli or asparagus for a delicious side.
Recipe Tips for Chicken Bacon Ranch Bake:
- Preparing Oven – Preheat oven to a high temperature of 425 degrees. This allows the chicken to cook perfectly and moist.
- Preparing Baking Dish – Coat the baking dish with olive oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Placing chicken in baking dish – If you are cooking a large portion of chicken, use multiple baking dish. We recommend not overcrowding the chicken in the baking dish.
- Pounding Chicken – When preparing the chicken for baking, make sure to pound out the chicken. Pound to about ¼ inch thick on the thickest part. We like to try to keep the chicken about the same size so it cooks evenly.
- Seasoning – Make sure to generously season the chicken as it gives the chicken more flavor.
- Meat Thermometer – We recommend using a meat thermometer to check the chickens internal temperature. Once the chicken has reach a temperature of 165 degrees then the chicken is done.
- Rest Chicken – Once you have removed the cooked chicken from the oven, allow the chicken to rest. This locks in the moisture and keeps the chicken from drying out.
Variations and Additions:
- Change Chicken – We used chicken breast in this recipe, but you can easily use boneless chicken thighs or chicken tenders. All of them work great.
- Breadcrumbs – Any type of bread crumbs work great. They even have different flavored Panko Bread Crumbs that would be delicious with this recipe.
- Ranch Dressing Seasoning – We used a packet ranch seasoning mix but you can easily make Homemade Ranch Dry Seasoning.
- Mayonnaise – Spread mayonnaise on the chicken if you prefer. This adds flavor and moisture to the chicken. Feel free to use low-fat or reduce fat. Greek Yogurt is also a great addition.
- Cheese – We love adding to cheese to the chicken. But you can easily leave it off or add it to the top after baking the chicken.
- Variation of Cheese – Sharp Cheddar is what we used, but you can also change it to what you have. Mozzarella Cheese would also be delicious. We recommend grating your own cheese.
- Cream Cheese – Spread cream cheese on the chicken prior to spreading the bread crumb mixture over the chicken.
- Melted Butter – You can also place melted butter instead of oil in the pan for a rich flavor.
How to Store Ranch Baked Chicken Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftover chicken in an airtight container for up to 5 days. The chicken coating will get soft when refrigerated. You can make the coating crispy again by baking or air frying the leftover chicken when reheating.
This recipe would be great to meal prep with. You can easily make a batch of this chicken at the beginning of the week. Place the chicken with some rice and a vegetable for a complete lunch idea.
Can I Freeze Baked Ranch Chicken?
Yes, you can freeze this chicken prior to baking it or after. Follow these steps rather you are baking it before or after freezing it.
- Season and prepare chicken as directed on the recipe card.
- Bake chicken or place directly on the baking sheet if baking later.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Once the chicken is slightly frozen, then place in a freezer safe bag after wrapping the chicken in plastic wrap.
- Place back in the freezer and freeze for up to 3 months.
- This allows you to freeze the chicken individually and take out what you need.
Once you are ready to serve again, place in the refrigerator overnight to thaw and then bake.
If chicken is already baked, you can air fry the chicken to allow it to get the crispy texture again.
Why we Love this Baked Ranch Chicken Recipe:
- Simple Recipe – We love that this chicken doesn’t require a lot of steps and I love that the kids can help.
- Easy Ingredients – The ingredients for this recipe are easy and I usually have them in my pantry. This is my go-to recipe when I forget to set something out.
- Moist and Delicious Chicken – This chicken is moist and delicious when baking it at high temperature. I love that I can add any sides and my family always loves this flavorful chicken recipe.
Print Recipe here Baked Ranch Chicken:
Baked Ranch Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking dish with olive oil. You may have to use 2 baking dishes depending on the size of your chicken breast.
- Put the chicken breasts between plastic wrap and pound out the chicken breasts with a meat mallet or rolling pin until the chicken is approximately ¼ inch thick. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs together in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate shallow bowl, stir together the ranch seasoning mix, bread crumbs, cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Dip the chicken breasts in the eggs and then use tongs to dip the chicken breasts in the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure that the chicken is coated with the mixture on both sides.
- Then place the chicken breast in the prepared baking dish. Continue this process until all the chicken breasts are coated.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the top of the chicken breast is golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Let the rest for 10 minutes. Then the chicken is ready to serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Baked Chicken Recipes:
- Oven Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
- Easy BBQ Baked Breaded Chicken Recipe
- The Best Baked Mexican Chicken Recipe