This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
You only need 4 ingredients to make this Crockpot Ranch Chicken. This chicken recipe is loaded with flavor and is easy to make.
This chicken recipe is loaded with delicious ranch flavor and is easy to make. The chicken breast cooks tender, juicy and flavor thanks to the ranch dressing mix and broth.
Being a mom of 8, I like recipes that are budget friendly and easy to make. If you love simple ingredient Crockpot Recipes, check out these recipes. Crockpot Chicken and Rice Recipe, Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie, and Crock Pot Crack Chicken.
Table of Contents
- Why Make Ranch Chicken:
- How to Make Ranch Chicken in the Crockpot:
- How to Thicken the Sauce:
- What to Serve with Ranch Chicken?
- Chicken Ranch Crockpot Recipe Tips:
- Can you Freeze Ranch Chicken?
- How to Store and Reheat Leftovers:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- More Easy Ranch Chicken Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Recipe
Why Make Ranch Chicken:
If you are looking for a budget friendly, quick and easy chicken recipe this is the one to make. The crock pot does all the work and it is ready when you get home in the even.
This chicken can be served as a whole chicken or served shredded over rice or mashed potatoes. If you are looking for a dump and go recipe, make this crock pot ranch chicken. It is the perfect weeknight meal.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix – You can also use Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
- Chicken Broth
- Stick of butter
Scroll to the bottom to get the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix – We used store bought seasoning mix, but you can easily use homemade ranch seasoning.
- Chicken – We used chicken breast in this recipe, but you can use boneless skinless chicken thighs if you prefer.
- Cream Cheese – If you prefer a creamier texture you can add in cream cheese. If you do add it in, add towards the end of cooking time. You can also add in a can of cream of chicken soup.
- Cheddar Cheese – If you want a cheesy crockpot chicken meal, top with shredded cheese when serving.
- Add Vegetables – For an easy one pot meal, you can add in celery, carrots and potatoes with the chicken. This sauce that the chicken cooks in will give the carrots and potatoes so much flavor.
- Bacon – I have even added in bacon for a delicious addition to this keto recipe.
How to Make Ranch Chicken in the Crockpot:
Step 1 – Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Step 2 – Sprinkle with dry ranch dressing mix, pour chicken broth, add ranch seasoning mix and top with butter. Then cover and cook chicken.
How to Thicken the Sauce:
If you prefer you can thicken the sauce. This allows the sauce to be thicker, creamier sauce.
- Mix 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water in a small bow.
- Stir the sauce into the crock pot.
- Cook uncovered until the sauce thickened to the consistency you prefer.
What to Serve with Ranch Chicken?
This ranch chicken can be served with many different side dishes. This is why I love this recipe because of I love that it can be served many different ways.
- Mashed Potatoes – Make mashed potatoes in the slow cooker for an easy side dish. The potatoes cook perfectly and we mash the potatoes in the slow cooker for an easy side dish.
- Steamed Broccoli – This is my favorite way to cook broccoli. It is a very quick side dish. Broccoli is my go-to side dish as it cooks easily in the oven and every one loves it.
- White Rice – Make Instant Pot White Rice for an easy side dish. I like to prepare rice ahead of time and store it in the freezer. This way I can easily thaw and heat when I need a quick side dish.
Chicken Ranch Crockpot Recipe Tips:
- Cooking Chicken – We recommend cooking this chicken recipe on low. It helps to cook the chicken evenly and doesn’t seem to dry out the chicken.
- Ranch Dressing Mix – When adding the seasoning packet to the crock pot, make sure to cover the chicken with it. This helps with the flavoring so that all the chicken cooks with the best flavor.
- Keep Covered – When I cook a recipe in the slow cooker, we recommend to keep the lid closed.
- Low Carb – The recipe is a low carb chicken recipe. To keep it low carb and gluten-free serve with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.
Can you Freeze Ranch Chicken?
Yes, you can freeze ranch chicken. You can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container or your can freeze it uncooked.
We do recommend meal prepping this meal uncooked and place in the freezer safe bag. Then when you are ready to cook, just dump all the ingredients in the slow cooker for a quick dinner idea.
If the ranch chicken is stored properly, it will stay fresh for up to 3 months. Meal prepping saves time and money. This is one of my favorite meals to prep since it only requires 4 ingredients.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers:
Store your leftovers in an air tight container for up to 4 days. When you are ready to enjoy, reheat in the microwave. I like to store in individual containers with green beans and egg noodles.
This chicken reheats well which makes the perfect lunch for my husband and I.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Crockpot chicken shreds great and I usually shred it right in the slow cooker. You can easily shred the chicken with forks or with a hand mixer or stand mixer. Place chicken breasts in the stand mixer bowl and it easily shreds. This saves time and is much easier then shredding with forks.
When we slow cooker chicken, we recommend cooking on low. Cooking chicken on low will take around 6 hours. If you chicken is frozen it could take a little longer.
You can easily use a meat thermometer to ensure chicken is cooked before serving.
Yes, you can put raw chicken in the slow cooker. I usually place frozen chicken in the slow cooker for most of my chicken recipes.
More Easy Ranch Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot BBQ Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot No Peek Chicken
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Recipe
Make sure to leave a comment and a star review when you make this Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Recipe. We love to hear from you!
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet dry ranch mix
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 stick of butter
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Sprinkel with ranch mix.
- Pour broth over.
- Top with stick of butter.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe