This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is comfort food in every single bite. The cream cheese blended with the ranch and bacon make this one unforgettable recipe.
Crack Chicken is an addicting, Keto friendly meal. This crockpot crack chicken recipe is perfect to serve for game day parties and more.
If you have an Instant Pot and prefer cooking with that over your crock pot. Make Instant Pot Crack Chicken Recipe for a quick and easy dinner. This cheesy shredded ranch chicken and creamy texture is perfect to serve with hamburger buns or over rice.
Table of Contents
What is Crack Chicken?
Crack Chicken Crock Pot Recipe combines delicious boneless skinless chicken breast, cream cheese, ranch and bacon. This makes a mixture so tasty that you will not be able to eat just one sandwich.
Crack Chicken is one of our most popular recipes and can be made in many different ways.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Cream Cheese
- Ranch Dressing Mix
- Cheddar Cheese
For more details about the recipe, scroll down to the recipe card.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change Chicken – Change the chicken to boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken tenders for an easy variations.
- Bacon – Cook your bacon in the Oven or top with real bacon bits.
- Seasoning – You can add a teaspoon garlic powder to the cheese and bacon if you prefer. Feel free to add in fresh herbs such as dill, parsley or chives.
- Cheese Variations – Feel free to use different types of cheese. You can add in sharp cheddar cheese or shredded pepper jack cheese.
Step By Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Combine the chicken, homemade ranch seasoning mix, cooked and crumbled bacon and cook.
Step 2 – Once the chicken is cooked, shred it. I use 2 forks and it is fast and easy.
Step 3 – Stir in the cream cheese. Put the crock pot lid on again. Then cook for another 30 minutes so the cream cheese can melt.
Step 4 – Sprinkle with the salt and pepper, shredded cheese and green onions. Then it is ready to serve.
What to Serve with Crack Chicken?
Our favorite way to eat crack chicken is served on buns. It is so easy and everyone loves eating it sandwich style. More ideas include:
- Hawaiian Roll
- Serve over pasta.
- Lettuce Wraps
Just use whatever you prefer. We like trying different things so we can enjoy this tasty Crack Chicken more ways. The kids never get tired of this recipe if I switch it up and use different ways to serve it.
Side dish ideas:
These are just a few of our favorites to enjoy with crack chicken sandwiches. But we have all had those crazy days where it was potato chips all around.
- Thickening Texture – If the mixture is too thick, add a little chicken broth.
- Cook Once, Eat Twice – Serve leftovers a different way and your family will think it is a new meal.
- Shred Cheese – We recommend shredding cheese from hunk cheese. Pre-shredded cheese has added ingredients and may not taste or melt as well.
- Spray Bottom of the Slow Cooker – If you have problems with chicken sticking, you may need to spray nonstick cooking spray. This helps for cleanup and serving the crack chicken.
- Cook on Low – I like to cook on low as it helps to keep the chicken from drying out.
- Cream Cheese – To help with the cream cheese melting, dice the cream cheese before placing in the slow cooker.
Storage and Reheating Tips:
This crack chicken is great leftover and makes for a delicious lunch the next day. Place the leftovers in an airtight container and place in the fridge.
When you are ready to enjoy, reheat leftovers in the microwave in 1 minute intervals.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Shredding chicken can be done by using forks or a stand mixer. Using a stand mixer or a hand held mixer to shred your chicken saves time. The chicken comes out perfectly shredded.
This is the perfect recipe to double to enjoy again. We like to double and freeze it for a quick weeknight meal.
Yes! Freeze mixture in freezer bags and you will have a super quick meal. Place in the freezer and it will last up to 3 months is stored properly.
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes:
- Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
If you have tried Slow Cooker Crack Chicken, make sure to leave a comment!
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Recipe
- Add the chicken, bacon and ranch seasoning mix to at least a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks and stir in the cream cheese. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes to melt the cream cheese.
- Top with the shredded cheddar cheese and green onions. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately on the buns and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe