If you are looking for a one pot meal that your family will go crazy over, try this Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing recipe. From start to finish, it is so simple and packed with everything you need for an amazing dinner your family will love.
Chicken and Stuffing Crockpot Recipe:
We love one pot meals around here for busy week night dinners and even better when the recipe uses the slow cooker! Our family recently devoured this Crock Pot Chicken and Stove Top Stuffing recipe for dinner and I can’t wait to share it with you today.
The kids went crazy over it and asked for more. I have to admit, it was pretty tasty and SO easy!
This recipe is the perfect comfort food and a great family dinner idea. Our family loves this Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing!
4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken with Stuffing!
Literally everything you need for the meal gets tossed in the crockpot- chicken, stuffing, green beans.
You have everything you need for an entire dinner in this one slow cooker. Plus, the chicken broth keeps the chicken very juicy!
There is no need for other pots and pans. The entire dinner is in the crockpot.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing can be made in the instant pot as well. My Instant Pot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe is great for those busy nights when you forgot to set something out. We have all have been there before!
The Instant Pot saves you so much time! It has been a game changer for my busy family.
Everyone will love this recipe!
Once you come home, dinner is ready and waiting. This is the perfect meal when you will be gone and have activities and a crazy schedule. This is one of my family favorites meal!
Dinner time does not have to be hectic or expensive. This is a great meal to please everyone and frugal too.
We love making crockpot recipes! Especially ones that everything goes in the crockpot! It makes dinner time a breeze!
You will need a slow cooker for this recipe:
Plus, it is just so pretty. We can still enjoy all our favorite casserole recipes without ever turning the oven on.
If you prefer a traditional style crock pot, there are several others on sale here. Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
- Chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- Garlic Salt
- Cream of chicken soup (We make Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup)
- Sour cream
- Stove Top chicken boxed Stuffing mix
- Frozen green beans – I do not recommend canned green beans for this recipe as they will fall apart with the long cook time that is needed to make this crock pot recipe.
Can you make this without cream soup?
Yes! You can make your own Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup.
It is so easy and tastes really delicious. This is a great option and only takes a few minutes to make.
Just use what works for your family. Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing recipe will be delicious with either option.
How to make Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing:
- Place the boneless seasoned chicken breast in the crock pot. I like to filet mine, but that is optional.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cream of chicken soup and sour cream.
- Then spread this mixture over the chicken in the crock pot.
- Sprinkle the box of Stove Top Stuffing on top of the chicken.
- Then add the frozen green beans on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on top. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Cooking time could change based on your slow cooker as each slow cooker cooks a bit differently.
Variations to try!
- Try using Cream of Mushroom Soup instead of Cream of Chicken.
- Add celery and onions to the stuffing.
- Substitute cornbread stuffing for a different taste.
- Add water chestnuts to the stuffing
- Use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts
What to Serve with Chicken and Stuffing?
The only item I can think of that might be yummy to add is a side of cranberry sauce but that is totally optional. That is why I love this recipe. All the ingredients go in one pot.
This recipe has your protein, vegetables and a starch! Nothing else is needed to make a completely meal for your family.
Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe is so easy and frugal!
The stuffing and green beans help to stretch the chicken breast in this casserole. I have used chicken thighs or a mix of chicken thighs and chicken breasts.
I often just use what I have in the freezer or what is on sale at the grocery store. We love simple recipes like this and everyone looks forward to when this recipe is on the menu plan for that week.
By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget. Saving money and feeding a big family can be accomplished. Trust me, I have 8 kids. Once I find a meal everyone loves and it is frugal friendly, I keep it on the regular menu plan rotation!
In fact, I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save that money for a family vacation or maybe just some wiggle room in the budget.
Print this Chicken and Stuffing Crock Pot Recipe below:
Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing is a complete meal all in the slow cooker. Chicken and Stuffing Recipe is the best comfort food and quick and easy to prepare.
- 2 lbs frozen chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- (1) 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup We make Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 6 oz box of Stove Top chicken boxed Stuffing
- (1) 12 oz bag frozen green beans
Place the boneless chicken breasts in the crock pot. I like to filet mine, but that is optional. Season the chicken with garlic salt.
In a medium bowl mix together the cream of chicken soup and sour cream.
Spread over the chicken in the crock pot.
Sprinkle the box of Stove Top Stuffing over the chicken.
Then add the frozen green beans on top.
Place the lid on top. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
Note- Chicken should fall apart when it is done. Yum!
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5-6 days. Enjoy!
More Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Parmesan Soup
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- The Best Chicken Pot Pie Crock Pot Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Chipotle Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Crock Pot Chili Lime Chicken Drumsticks Recipe