This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Enjoy Crockpot Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe any day of the week thanks to this easy and delicious slow cooker recipe. You can enjoy this flavor packed meal even on busy weeknights because the crock pot makes it so easy.
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu in a Crockpot:
I used to think that chicken cordon bleu recipe was something you only made on special occasions. This always seemed like such a fancy dish. But the crock pot makes it very simple to make and enjoy any time.
Your family can enjoy this delicious slow cooker chicken cordon recipe with very little work. Everyone will love this tender chicken stuffed with ham and cheese for an easy meal.
This recipe is so easy that you can literally put this together in minutes. Easily prepare this in the morning and come home to dinner ready to enjoy. If you love Chicken Cordon Bleu as much as we do, make Instant Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu. You can even make Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu.
What is Chicken Cordon Bleu?
A traditional Chicken Cordon Bleu is made with thinly slice chicken and filled with swiss cheese and ham. Then topped with bread crumbs baked in the oven or fried.
Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu is made very similar by layering the ingredients in the slow cooker. All the ingredients are cooked and then served with a side of vegetable.
This is a super simple recipe that is perfect for any day of the week.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Cream of chicken Soup
- Minced Garlic
- Deli Ham Slices
- Swiss Cheese
- Cornbread Stove-Top Stuffing
How to Make Cordon Bleu in a Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients – In a small bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup and milk. Add in salt, pepper and garlic until smooth. Set aside.
- Step 2 – Add chicken to slow cooker – Next, Put the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Step 3 – Top the chicken with slices of ham and cheese – Add the ham over the chicken. Top with cheese.
- Step 3 – Spread creamy sauce over the chicken – Now, it is time to add the remaining soup mixture. You can use a spatula to spread it all around if needed.
- Step 4 – Add the stuffing on top – Top with the cornbread stuffing mix. Drizzle the melted butter all over the top.
- Step 5 – Cover and Cook – Cook for 4 hours on low. This amazing dinner will be ready when you come home. You can also cook on high for about 2 hours.
- Step 6 – Serve – Serve and Enjoy chicken cordon blue.
What to Serve with Chicken Cordon Bleu:
- Roasted Green Beans
- steam broccoli in the microwave
- Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Find more Chicken Cordon Bleu Sides for easy ideas.
We often serve a simple salad with this meal. It is quick and easy and goes great with the chicken. Keep it simple and enjoy. No need for complicated recipes or fancy ingredients.
You can cook a really great dinner for your family with very little work when you use the slow cooker. This recipe can’t any easier.
- Change the Cheese – We used swiss cheese in this recipe, but you can use other types of cheese. Try provolone cheese or mozzarella cheese for different flavors.
- Ham Variation – You can use other types of meat for this recipe. We recommend prosciutto, black forest ham, or smoked ham. Another option is to use bacon.
- Chicken – Look for thinly slice chicken in the meat market to save you from having to pound the chicken thin.
- Stuffing Topping – Top the chicken and other ingredients with bread crumbs instead of stuffing cornbread mix.
- Instant Pot – This chicken cordon bleu can also be cooked in the instant pot.
Can I use Frozen Chicken Breast?
Most of the time when we make chicken crock pot recipes, we use frozen chicken breast. But in this recipe, we recommend using thawed chicken breast. This cuts down on the moisture that frozen chicken breast will create.
It is also easier to pound out thawed chicken then it does with frozen chicken.
Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Tips:
- Cooking in the Crock Pot – We recommend cooking the chicken cordon bleu on low. But you can cook for 2 hours on high if you prefer.
- Chicken – We recommend using raw chicken when cooking this chicken. If you put cooked chicken in the slow cooker it could dry out the chicken.
- Meat Thermometer – When we cook meat we always rely on a meat thermometer to ensure that it is cook thoroughly. Because chicken cordon bleu has layers of ingredients, be sure that you are just checking the internal temperature of the chicken.
- Thin Chicken – Chicken Cordon Bleu starts with thin chicken breast. Use a meat pounder to thin out the chicken to your preference.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an air tight container. The leftovers will last about 4 days. This recipe is great leftover and easy to reheat. You can reheat in the microwave.
The ingredients really marinate together overnight to make it even better the next day.
How to Freeze Chicken Cordon Bleu:
Place your leftover chicken cordon bleu in a freezer safe container and it will stay fresh for about 3 months. We recommend to place in individual containers to easily freeze. This way you can take our small amounts.
When you are ready to serve, thaw the chicken cordon bleu in the fridge overnight in the fridge. Then reheat in the oven or microwave.
Print Crockpot Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe:
Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, milk, salt, pepper and garlic until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add the ham over the chicken in an even layer.
- Top with the cheese.
- Pour over the soup mixture and use a spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle over the cornbread stuffing mix.
- Pour over the butter evenly over the stuffing.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Soup
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Chipotle Recipe
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Recipe