This delicious chicken stuffing bake is the perfect meal for busy weeknights. With only a few ingredients, this creamy dish is quick and easy.
Chicken stuffing bake
This casserole is a must try. It is one of our favorite recipes and the best comfort food.
Even my non casserole fans love this dish. It is the best and the entire family loves it. You can mix this up in minutes and it does not take long to bake.
I guarantee you can have this on the table faster than getting take out. Plus, it is so much better and tons cheaper.
It is frugal and can really stretch your grocery budget. It is an all around great recipe to cook for your family, guests or potlucks.
How do you make chicken casserole with stuffing?
The recipe uses Stove Top stuffing and it combines with chicken breasts and cream of chicken soup.
Everything is mixed together and baked to perfection. This is a casserole everyone will enjoy.
Your family will love chicken stuffing casserole.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Cream of Chicken Soup – Store bought is fine or make homemade cream of chicken soup.
- Stove Top Chicken Stuffing Mix
- Chicken Broth
How to make Chicken Stuffing Bake
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. You will need to use a 9X13 baking pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Then, cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces. It does not have to be exact but I like to cut them into 1 inch pieces.
- Next, spread the chicken pieces evenly on the bottom of the 9X13 pan.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the chicken.
- Get out a mixing bowl and whisk together the condensed cream of chicken soup and the milk. Spread this mixture all over the chicken.
- Add the the stuffing mix evenly on top. You shouldn’t see any of the chicken mixture so try to sprinkle it all over. You can use a spatula to smooth it out if needed.
- Pour the chicken broth over the stuffing mix. Try to cover as much of it as possible so the stuffing does not get too dry.
- Use foil to cover the baking dish and bake. I like to remove the foil and bake uncovered for a few more minutes at the end. This will allow the top to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit before serving. I suggest at least 10 minutes.
Serve warm and then enjoy. It is such a fast and easy recipe that also tastes amazing.
How to Store and Reheat Chicken Stuffing Casserole:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 4 to 5 days.
Reheat in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or oven for 20 minutes.
Can you freeze chicken and stuffing bake?
This casserole is very easy to freeze. I like to make two of these because it really is not any extra work.
You can have one for dinner now and one for the freezer. This is an easy way to have a quick meal for another night.
Just make the casserole as normal but do not bake. I also like to use a disposable pan for the one I am freezing. Cover tightly with foil and freeze up to 2 months. I also like to put the casserole dish inside a freezer bag.
When you are ready to bake, allow it to thaw in the fridge overnight. Bake as normal.
Note: Sometimes I freeze this in two 8″ pans. It is perfect for those nights when the entire family is not eating together.
What to serve with chicken stuffing casserole?
- Broccoli. Learn how to steam broccoli in minutes using the microwave. This is such an easy side dish.
- Salad. Make a simple side salad with your favorite veggies.
- Green beans. Roasted green beans make a delicious side for chicken casserole.
- Cranberry Sauce. This is the perfect side with chicken stuffing.
Chicken Stuffing Bake Variation ideas
- Add frozen veggies. This is an easy way to make this a one dish meal. I like to use the bags of mixed veggies that include green peas, green beans, corn and carrots. However, you can use what you prefer.
- Add diced broccoli. Even the kids eat more veggies when it is mixed into a delicious chicken casserole.
- Add green beans. I would use frozen green beans so they do not get mushy.
- Green peas. Add a bag of frozen green peas to the casserole. Don’t use canned peas. Frozen is best in this casserole.
- Sour cream. You can also add ½ cup of sour cream to the cream of chicken mixture to make this casserole recipe even creamier.
- Cream of soup. Try using cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery in this casserole.
- Add shredded cheese. Mix in a handful of cheese to the chicken mixture.
- Stuffing. We used stove top but you can use Pepperidge farms if you prefer. Homemade stuffing is another yummy idea to use in this recipe.
Slow Cooker option:
Instead of baking this casserole, you can use the crock pot. Simply place ingredients as normal but layer in the crock pot.
Allow to cook on low for about 4 hours. The texture will be slightly different when slow cooked. The stuffing will be more moist and not as crispy.
Chicken and Stuffing Bake Recipe tips:
- Use leftover chicken to make this casserole. We love to shred Rotisserie chicken from another dinner to use in this.
- Try using turkey. You can easily substitute turkey in this casserole. It is really delicious.
- Make 2 smaller casseroles. You can divide the casserole mixture between two 8″ baking dishes. This is a great option if you need a smaller size.
- Leftover veggies. Don’t toss leftover vegetables. This recipe is a great way to use smaller portions of leftovers that might not be enough for a side dish. It will likely be perfect to toss into the casserole.
Can you make this in advance?
Yes. Just assemble the casserole up to 24 hours in advance.
Cover and put in the fridge. When you are ready to cook, sit on the counter to allow to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Then bake as normal.
I love to do this if I know we have a really busy day coming up. It is nice only having to pop in the oven when I get home.
You will love Chicken and Stuffing Casserole.
It is such an easy recipe. Our friends and family love when I make this.
Chicken casserole is one of those dishes that gets passed down from generation to generation. It is truly timeless and everyone always enjoys it.
Once you try this easy recipe, you will want to keep it on your permanent menu rotation. It is also a great meal to take to someone recovering from surgery or just when you need an easy but tasty meal for someone.
Make it this week. You will not be disappointed.
Print this chicken stuffing bake recipe:
Chicken Stuffing Bake
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup 10 oz each
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 box Stove Top Chicken Stuffing Mix 6 oz
- 1 ½ cups Chicken Broth
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non stick cooking spray.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces (approximately 1 inch pieces). Then spread the chicken pieces out evenly on the bottom of the 9X13 pan.
- Then sprinkle the salt and pepper on top of the chicken.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soups and the milk. Spread this mixture over the chicken and then top with the stuffing mix evenly on top. Then pour the chicken broth over the stuffing mix and try to cover as much of it as possible.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake uncovered for 15 more minutes.
- Then remove from the oven and let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm and then enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe