This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
With just a few ingredients, this Easy Keto Taco Casserole comes together quickly and easily. Low Carb Taco Casserole has everything you love about tacos in a low carb casserole sure to be a hit with everyone.
Easy Low Carb Taco Casserole
If you love Mexican food, we have a great recipe for you today! This Low Carb Taco Bake can be ready in under 30 minutes and the entire family will love it.
It is the perfect recipe to try while doing Keto. No one will miss the carbs in this tasty casserole.
Even my carb loving children gobbled this casserole up. 🙂 That says a lot for sure if they were impressed.
Keto Taco Casserole is perfect for busy weeknights!
Dinner time can be crazy around here. This simple recipe is perfect for nights when you need dinner on the table fast without a lot of fuss.
I set out a ton of different taco toppings and everyone can grab what they like for their casserole. It is a fun dinner idea and even good for guests.
Tip for Low Carb Mexican Bake:
You can certainly use store bought taco seasoning but I prefer to make my own. It is so easy to make Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix and you will have it on hand for other recipes.
Not only is it better for you but it saves a ton of money because it is so frugal! We area always looking for ways to save money so it is a win!
Do I have to use frozen cauliflower in this Keto Taco Bake recipe?
You can make your own cauliflower rice if you prefer that to frozen. Either will work perfectly in this recipe.
We use frozen cauliflower rice a lot because it is quick but I also like to make my own Cauliflower Rice if I have time. It is very easy to do.
In a matter of minutes your fresh cauliflower is chopped up into a “rice”. It does not take long at all to do this if you want to make your own cauliflower rice.
We also use this for Easy Cheesy Cauliflower Rice Recipe.
Ingredients in Low Carb Taco Bake:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can of rotel
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning (We use Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix )
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 oz frozen cauliflower rice (You can make Cauliflower Rice if you prefer.)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
How to make Easy Keto Taco Casserole:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 casserole dish with no stick spray.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the cauliflower in 2 tablespoons of butter. (Or olive oil.) Season with garlic salt.
3. Cook the cauliflower until it becomes soft.
4. Slowly mix in the cream cheese until melted and combined (Note- It will be thick.)
5. Spread your cream cheese cauliflower in the bottom of the casserole dish.
6. In your skillet brown your ground beef until there is no more pink.
7. Season with taco seasoning, and stir in the can of Rotel.
8. Spoon mixture over the cauliflower.
9. Top with the shredded cheese.
10. Bake for 20 minutes-30 minutes until heated through and the cheese begins to brown.
Notes: Instead of making a cauliflower layer and a meat layer you can mix it all in the skillet before adding it to the casserole dish. We have cooked it both ways and it tastes great either way.
If the cauliflower layer is a little too thick, try adding a little heavy cream to the mixture.
Top this Keto Cheesy Casserole with your favorite taco toppings:
- Sour Cream
- Diced Tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Salsa (We love Quick Salsa Verde De Tomatillo Recipe)
- Pico de gallo
- Green Onion
- Hot Sauce
You can also saute onion and green pepper with the ground beef mixture in this Keto Taco Casserole.
I think it gives the ground beef really good flavor and it is a nice way to change it up a bit. Now, my kids don’t particularly care for onions and peppers.
However, if I dice the onion and pepper really small they don’t even know it is in there. Sneaky, Sneaky! 🙂
I use a small food chopper or food processor to quickly and easily chop onions. If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them.
They are such a time saver and you can get the veggies really fine if you have kids like mine.
I usually just chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need. It’s so nice to be able to just take the diced onion out of the freezer for recipes.
This is how I meal prep. It’s so quick and easy and helps get dinner on the table fast.
We are always looking for ideas to make meal prep and dinner time easier around here. Life is crazy with 8 kids and anything I can do to save time is a winner in my book.
What can I bake this Low Carb Mexican Beef Casserole in?
I use the disposable pans for weeks I need to save time on clean up.
This dish is also perfect to take to potluck dinners or to someone recovering from surgery or with a new baby.
It’s nice to just be able to toss the dish. Plus, they don’t have to worry about trying to get it back to you.
Still trying to understand this Keto diet?
First of all, I know it can seem overwhelming initially. However, once you understand the Keto lifestyle it is very simple.
There is a great book for beginners here that you might want to pick up. It is a really great resource to help get you started on this Keto journey.
I even spotted the Keto Crock Pot Cookbook.
It’s a lot to take in but basically the ketogenic diet is a diet high in fat with healthy fats for weight loss. The diet calls for a lot of nut butters, peanut butter and low or no net carb snacks called fat bombs.
You will also want to keep things sugar free. Oils like coconut oil, olive oil and mct oil are used.
A lot of recipes call for cheese or cream cheese. Almond flour or pork rinds can be used for a coating or batter that fits into the ketogenic diet.
Once you get used to this diet, many report that it becomes a lifestyle and they really like it. As a result, many people report higher levels of energy and that they just feel better and have more regulated blood sugar.
Plus, weight loss is fairly easy while also filling full and satisfied. This is a key component as to why it works for so many.
If you want to lose weight, this is a great plan to try. With so many low carb recipes, it will be easy to stay on track with the ketogenic diet.
With delicious recipes like this Low Carb Mexican Casserole with ground beef, you will love doing Keto!
Try this Crockpot Taco Meat Recipe to make dinner time a breeze when you make taco meat in crock pot.
Print this Low Carb Taco Casserole Recipe below:
Easy Low Carb Taco Casserole Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the cauliflower in 2 tablespoons of butter. (Or olive oil.) Season with garlic salt.
- Cook the cauliflower until it becomes soft.
- Slowly mix in the cream cheese until melted and combined (Note- It will be thick.)
- Spread your cream cheese cauliflower in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- In your skillet brown your ground beef until there is no more pink.
- Season with taco seasoning, and stir in the can of Rotel.
- Spoon mixture over the cauliflower.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes-30 minutes until heated through and the cheese begins to brown.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Find more Easy Keto recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
- Low Carb Pizza Chicken
- Easy Salsa Chicken Skillet
- Low Carb Crock Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
- Keto Street Tacos Recipe
- 40 Easy Keto Dinner Ideas
- Keto Philly Cheese Steak Skillet Dinner
- Low Carb Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
- The Best Keto Snacks
- Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Easy Keto Desserts
- Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Easy Keto Chili Recipe
- Keto Street Tacos