Never buy over-priced taco seasoning packets again – Try this Homemade Taco Seasoning recipe!
Do you use those taco seasoning packets a lot?
I know that we used to! However, if you don’t get them for FREE with a coupon, then they are really quite expensive. All those packets are … just convenience in a package.
Instead… make your own Homemade Taco Seasoning. You can make it MUCH cheaper. It is really easy, it tastes better, and it is actually much better for you!
If you love this, try making Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix Recipe! So much better than store bought.
It is easy to make!
All you do is mix all the ingredients up in a jar. Then use 2 Tablespoons of your new mixture instead of a seasoning packet. It is that easy – one quick step and you have it ready to use it in any of your favorite recipes!
Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tablespoons of Chili
- 1 Tablespoon of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt (or garlic powder)
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
- ¼ of cayenne or red pepper flakes (you can double this if you want an extra kick)
- Mix all the seasonings in a small bowl. Transfer to a jar and reserve.
- When you need taco seasoning, use 2 Tablespoons for a for a pound of meat (or just use 2 Tablespoons for any soup). I even labeled my jar that so I didn't forget.
Generally I double or triple this recipe so I don’t have to make it very often, and I put it in an old spice container or in a small mason jar and I am ready for my next taco night.
Now that you have a delicious taco seasoning recipe, try these yummy Mexican dishes:
- Over 100 of the BEST Mexican Recipes
- The Best Baked Mexican Chicken – Coated with crushed tortilla chips!
- Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- The BEST Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Taco Chicken Soup in the Crockpot
- Crockpot Taco Rice Soup – Turn your left over tacos into a second meal!
- White Chicken Taco Chili Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Taco Bowls
- Crockpot Taco Salad