This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Save money and make Homemade Chili Seasoning. Not only is it super easy but it tastes amazing and takes just a few minutes.
Cooler weather means chili around here. Whether it is Fall or winter, I love to make chili. We make ground beef chili in the crock pot, stove top or sometimes it is in a soup form. I combine a variety of ingredients to change up the traditional chili recipe.
Just like my homemade taco seasoning, I have been making homemade chili seasoning for a while. I like to make a big batch at one time so I will have it ready to go when I am making chili.
How do you make chili seasoning from scratch?
This makes it just as convenient as having packaged chili seasoning, but it is much more frugal.
Generally I double or triple this recipe so I don’t have to make it very often. You can use a container you already have or a mason jar and be set for the next time you make chili.
How to store:
This homemade chili seasoning is flavorful, but it is not very spicy. Feel free to add more cayenne pepper if you like your chili more on the spicy end. This is a large batch of chili seasoning.
I like having it ready when I am making dinner, so I like to make a lot ahead of time. These containers hold 12 ounces, so this recipe fits inside perfectly. Just two tablespoons per batch of chili and you have amazing chili.
Ingredients for Homemade Chili Seasoning:
- Chili Powder
- Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Salt or Garlic Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Ground Black Pepper
How to make Homemade Chili Seasoning:
- Mix all ingredients together including the salt and pepper. It is that easy. Get your kids involved to help.
- Store in an air tight container in a cool dark place. This recipe makes 12 pots of chili.
I told you it was super easy. Can you believe how simple that was? If you can mix a few ingredients together, you can make this for sure!
Tips for great Homemade Chili Seasoning:
We love making this and it is super easy. The flavor is amazing and we all love it. All of the recipes turn out great using this homemade chili seasoning mix. You won’t find any crazy ingredients you cannot pronounce.
- I love being able to give my family homemade seasoning and it really only takes minutes to make. It is a win all around!
- Just make a big batch and store in an airtight container. You will be set for awhile on chili seasoning mix.
- We all prefer it to store bought seasoning. Get started today and stop buying those packaged chili seasoning mixes at the store.
- Be sure to use chili spices that are fresh for the best flavor. If you have spices that have been sitting in your pantry for longer than 6 month, it is time to get some new ones.
- Chili Powder seasoning can vary from brand to brand. So make sure you know which one you like and how spicy you want your chili.
- We have also added in some smoked paprika for some extra spice.
Once you start making this and trying new things at home, you will see it does not take long. Sometimes, I hesitate to do things because I think it might be complicated or time consuming.
How do you store:
Homemade chili seasoning needs to be stored in an air tight container at room temperature. I like to use a mason jar or reuse an old bigger spice jar.
The chili seasoning will last up to 6 months if stored correctly.
How much seasoning to use?
It really depends on the recipe and the size of the batch that you are making. But usually we use 2 tablespoons per 1 pounds of meat to make chili.
I usually give my chili that I making about half way cooking a taste to see if it needs a little more seasoning. A little goes a long way and your chili will taste amazing!
Chili Recipes To Make
Use this gluten free Homemade Chili Seasoning to make these easy recipes. This seasoning is great for chili but you can also use it as a taco seasoning or even sprinkle to roast some vegetables.
- Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- Crock Pot Chili Mac Recipe
- One Pot Tex-Mex Chicken Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker Frito Chili Pie Recipe
- Easy Crock Pot Cowboy Chili
- Easy Instant Pot Chili Recipe
Homemade Chili Seasoning
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Use 2 tablespoons of this homemade chili seasoning to make your chili for 1 lb of ground beef.
- Store in an air tight container in a cool dark place.
- This recipe makes 12 pots of chili.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe