Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili is the perfect recipe to enjoy any day of the week. It is loaded with vegetables, beans and the best spices. Your family will love how tasty this meatless chili is.
Vegetarian Chili Slow Cooker Recipe:
Whether you are trying to cut back on meat, prefer to eat vegetarian or just need something for Meatless Monday, you must try this delicious recipe. It is light enough to enjoy year round but hearty enough for a cold winter’s day.
I have a meat loving family and they were skeptical of chili without meat. Once they tried this delicious Vegetarian Chili Crock Pot Recipe, they were sold!
It has so much flavor and the jalapenos give it just the perfect amount of heat. Everyone gobbled this chili up! Even I was impressed.
No one missed the ground beef at all!
Meatless Chili Recipe:
This chili is amazing. Once you try this Easy slow cooker vegetarian chili you will see why it is so wonderful. Not only does it taste amazing but it is so simple. Toss everything in the crock pot and sit back and wait.
We love to have soup as the weather gets colder. Even though we do still have the regular chili, I still love having this chili. I love that it is filled with so many different vegetables and beans. This is the perfect chili to add in other vegetables that you have on hand.
We love that it is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan chili.
Our favorite Toppings:
Of course the chili is amazing alone but we love a good topping bar around here. We like to load our chili with all sorts of yummy toppings and the kids enjoy it too.
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- green onion
- hot sauce
- fresh lime
- diced jalapeno peppers
- saltine crackers
- corn chips
- tortilla chips
Just use whatever you like. We have even just kept it really simple and made this easy homemade cornbread and served the chili with that.
You can also try Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe for a little extra kick. Yum!
Keep in mind that many of the toppings will need to be omitted if you’re following a gluten free diet.
Perfect for Game day!
Chili and football just go together. So we when have our friends and family over we sometimes serve this vegetarian chili. Surprisingly, everyone loves the change and always say that they didn’t even miss the meat.
We set up a chili bar so everyone can create their perfect bowl of chili! Everyone loved this recipe.
Crock pot vegetarian chili is frugal!
Seriously no one missed the meat in this recipe and it really was so inexpensive to fix. This is a great way to stretch your grocery budget or even reduce your overall expenses.
Easy recipes like this keep my family happy and my grocery budget in good shape. This is how I keep our grocery budget reasonable.
Let’s make Vegetarian Chili Recipe Crock Pot!
Get ready to be impressed with how wonderful this is and how easy! Even my meat eating family members enjoyed this meal! Everything goes into the crockpot and you have an amazing dinner when you get home from work.
That says a lot.
- Green bell pepper
- Jalapeño pepper
- Diced tomato – We have added fire roasted diced tomatoes. So good in this recipe.
- Tomato paste
- Kidney beans
- Black beans
- Minced garlic
- Chili powder
How to make Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili:
- Prepare your vegetables by washing and chopping the onion, bell pepper, zucchini and jalapeno pepper. You can even prepare your vegetables the night before.
- Add everything including the garlic and chili powder in the crock pot, stirring to combine. I used a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cook on low for for 4 hours or cook on high for 2 hours.
Everyone was so impressed with how this vegetarian chili turned out. We love this chili thick but if you want to make it thinner, just add vegetable stock.
The recipe calls for tomato paste but we have used tomato sauce in a pinch and it was still delicious.
Variations to Vegetarian Chili:
- Add a sweet potato diced to the recipe. We love sweet potatoes. They are so good for you and they the perfect addition to this recipe.
- Try adding quinoa to this chili. It really bulks the recipe up and tastes amazing.
- You can also make this chili on the stove top. Add ingredients to a stock pot or a dutch oven and bring to boil. Occasionally, we will do the stove top version if I am going to be home all day.
We love having leftover chili. I think it taste better the next day. All the ingredients have time to really marinate together to make the best chili.
My husband really enjoys it when we have leftover chili. It makes for a great lunch. I like to freeze individual containers for a quick lunch.
- If you have leftover chili, you can store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
- If you happen to double the batch, which occasionally do, it freezes great. I love doubling the batch as it makes for a quick dinner. It will last in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
What to serve with Vegetarian Chili?
This vegetarian chili is great served alone or you here are some of my favorite sides. If you are following a specific diet, some of these options will need to be modified.
- If we have leftover chili, you can easily change up the chili and make chili mac. Boil some pasta and mix it together with some chili. The kids will definitely love this option.
- Make a frito chili wrap. This is my favorite way to eat chili. I put a tortilla down top with fritos. Then I spoon chili on top of the fritos and top with cheese.
- You can even serve with a bread bowl.
- We also like slicing some cheese and crackers as the perfect side.
- Check out our What to Serve with Chili for more chili side dishes.
Vegetarian Chili Tips:
This recipe calls for diced onion and green peppers. Another time saving tip is to use a small food chopper or food processor to quickly and easily chop onions and peppers. If you do not have one of these, I highly recommend them. They are such a time saver and you can get the veggies really fine.
I usually just chop the entire vegetable and freeze what I don’t need. It’s so nice to be able to just take the diced onion out of the freezer for recipes. This is how I meal prep. It’s so quick and easy and helps get dinner on the table fast.
I love to sauté onions and peppers in a little olive oil.
A good crockpot is a must!
If you are in the market for something new, I really love my Instant Pot Aura Crockpot.
It is so handy to just have the one pan to clean. It has become of my favorite kitchen appliances. I also really like this crockpot as well. I use this all the time and it’s great.
My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere. I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing! There are several others on sale here.
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting! I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
Print this Vegetarian chili slow cooker recipe below:
Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- 1 can kidney beans 15 oz (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can black beans 15 oz (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can Great Northern White Beans 15 oz (rinsed and drained)
- 1 medium zucchini peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 can green chilies (4 oz)
- 1 can diced tomato 14.5 oz
- 1 can tomato paste 12 oz
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups water
- Add everything in the crock pot. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Cook on low for for 4-6 hours or cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve warmed topped with your favorite chili toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe