Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili Recipe is packed with amazing flavor and ready in just 10 minutes. This is the perfect meal to get dinner on the table fast!
Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili Recipe
We love chili recipes and trying new meal ideas. It seems I am always thinking about new and delicious ways to enjoy chili.
I put this tasty one pot vegetarian chili in the pressure cooker one day and it was a big hit! The chili was packed with flavor and everyone thought it was slow cooked all day.
They never guessed it only took me 10 minutes to get dinner on the table! This is a great recipe to try for busy weeknights.
The chili is packed with so many great ingredients that no one will miss the meat. Whether you are trying to cut back on meat, prefer to eat vegetarian or just need something for Meatless Monday, this recipe is a must try.
Is Vegetarian Chili good for you?
Yes, this vegan chili is very healthy for you. It depends on what you are adding to your chili but this recipe provides the benefits that fresh vegetables and beans can provide. This vegetarian chili is a good source of fiber and vegetarian protein that your body needs.
We love that it is light enough to enjoy year round but hearty enough for a cold winter’s day. Now, if you have a meat loving family like I do, give it a try anyway. Once they tried this instant pot chili with vegetables, they all said it was a winner!
Meatless Chili Recipe:
You are going to love this amazing meatless plant based chili. Once you try this, you see what I am talking about. This vegetarian chili is amazing. You can have a really great dinner for your family in just 10 minutes that is so tasty and sure to be a hit.
If you can throw things in the instant pot, you can make this easy meal. The jalapeno peppers give the chili just the perfect amount of heat. It is perfect for the entire family because it isn’t so hot that the kids can’t eat it.
Everything blends together for the best flavor. No one missed the meat in this chili at all which says a lot for my family.
How do you thicken veggie chili?
There are a couple of ways to thicken this chili. You can add more beans to make it thicker.
Another idea is to add a cornstarch water slurry to the chili to thicken the broth. You are going to love this easy meal.
- green bell pepper
- jalapeño pepper
- diced tomatoes
- tomato paste
- kidney beans
- black beans
- minced garlic
- chili powder
How to make Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili:
- Put all of the ingredients into the Instant pot including the chili powder and cumin. It is that easy. Beans drained and rinsed.
- Add the lid and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure for 10 minutes. Cook time can vary.
- Do a quick release to remove the pressure. Remove the lid, stir and serve..
What to serve with instant pot vegetarian chili?
We serve this quick instant pot chili by itself or you can add your favorite sides. Keep in mind if you are following a specific diet, some of the options will need to be modified.
- The chili is delicious with this easy homemade cornbread.
- You can also try Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe for a little extra kick.
- We love to dip the cornbread into the chili to get every last drop.
- Serve with a variety of crackers and cheeses.
- Chili is great in a bread bowl.
The chili is tasty alone but we love to load ours with a bunch of tasty toppings. We like to set out a topping bar and the kids enjoy it too. Some ideas include:
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- green onion
- hot sauce
- fresh lime
- diced jalapeno peppers
- saltine crackers
- corn chips
- tortilla chips
How to freeze Vegetarian Chili?
Yes! In fact, we often double the recipe to have extra for the freezer. It does not take any longer and we have yummy meals for later in the freezer. You can also use this for a quick lunch during the week. I love to cook once and eat twice or more.
It really does not take any extra time to freeze after you cook the chili and just reheat for easy future meals. We love easy ideas for meal time around here and this chili is a family favorite.
I like to freeze small containers to enjoy for quick lunches during the week. It is such a time saver and really tasty.
Cook Once and Eat Twice!
Leftover chili is the best. We often say it is the best the second time we eat it. Here are some of our favorite ways to make vegetarian chili into another meal:
- Make Crockpot Baked Potatoes for a quick lunch or even dinner. Baked potatoes are so yummy with this chili. I have even topped my potato with chili.
- We have even baked the chili over Doritos or corn chips and topped with cheese. This is a great way to use leftovers and create a new meal with it. The kids think they are eating something new and gobble it up.
- You can use your leftover chili and make chili mac. Boil some pasta and mix it together with some chili. My kids love this option.
- Chili Cheese Wrap is one my personal favorites. I put a tortilla down with some Fritos. Then spoon chili on top of the Fritos, top with cheese and add the onions.
Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili Tips:
- This recipe calls for diced onion and green peppers. When we are chopping the peppers and onions, we will go ahead and chop up more so we can freeze them. This is such a time saver for me.
- If you do a lot of freezer meals, consider grabbing this JOKARI Hands-Free Baggy Rack Storage Bag Holder. These are not necessary, but make it so much easier to put the meals together for the freezer. It is like having an extra set of hands in the kitchen!
- You can add in a can tomato sauce for a tomato based chili.
A good Instant Pot is a must!
If you have been in the market for an 6 quart or 8 quart instant pot, I recommend using this Instant Pot. If you have been putting off trying an instant pot, I highly recommend going ahead and biting the bullet. I love using the pressure cooker when I don’t have much time.
It is perfect for frozen food or meals that normally take a while. You can toss everything in and have dinner ready in no time at all. Those days when you forget to take something out of the freezer or wait until the last minute for dinner, the instant pot is your saving grace.
You can also use your slow cooker instead and make this Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili Recipe.
How to store Vegetarian Chili?
- If you have leftover vegetarian chili, you can store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. This chili is great leftover, actually we think it is even better.
- This vegetarian chili freezes great. If you double the batch, which I occasionally do, it easy to freeze. When you freeze chili, it makes for a quick dinner.
- Store in a freezer safe container or zip lock baggies. It will last in your freezer for up to 2-3 months.
Print this instant pot vegetarian chili recipe below:
Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- 1 can kidney beans 15 oz
- 1 can black beans 15 oz
- 1 can great northern white beans 15 oz
- 1 zucchini peeled and chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 can tomato paste 12 oz
- 1 can green chilies 4 oz
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups water
- Add everything in Instant pot. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- After the cook time, do a quick release to remove the pressure by moving the valve on the lid from the sealing to the venting position.
- Remove the lid, stir and serve topped with your favorite chili toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe