Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe
Oh goodness this is the best White Chicken Chili Pressure Cooker Recipe! If you are looking for a change from the traditional Chili Recipe, this twist will quickly become a family favorite. We love chili around here and some favorites include Delicious ground Turkey Chili recipe, White Chicken Taco Chili Recipe and Creamy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe. We are a little divided though and some like this Easy Homemade Cornbread Recipe crumbled all over chili and some prefer tortilla chips. Either way you like to eat, it’s so even better with extra cheese, sour cream and onion on top. Yum!
This White Chicken Chili Pressure Cooker Recipe is full of northern beans, Salsa Verde and more! It’s a wonderful combination bursting with flavor! It’s a fun way to eat chili to try something new!
You will need an Electric Pressure cooker for this simple recipe.
Now you will need an electric pressure cooker for this recipe. I personally have an Instant Pot and so far I am loving it. You can find the Instant pot on sale here. It’s really changed dinner time around here. Those days when I forget to take something out of the freezer is not a problem with my instant pot. I can still have dinner ready and waiting on my family!
If you don’t have an Instant pot then check out our Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe. It’s just as yummy and a hit with everyone!
Let’s make White Chicken Chili Pressure Cooker Recipe!
- chicken breast (use 3 if they are really small) -frozen
- white beans (I used great northern beans)
- water (or you can use chicken broth)
- Salsa Verde
- Garlic Salt
- optional toppings: sour cream, avocados, limes and Monterrey jack cheese
How to make Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe:
- Place the chicken (can be frozen) at the bottom of the Instant Pot. I used an 8 quart Instant pot but the 6 quart size will work as well.
- Add everything else except the toppings to the Instant pot.
- Place lid and lock. Make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Set the pressure to high (if you have an 8 quart size) and set the timer for 25 minutes.
- Once it is finished, you can do a quick release or a natural release.
- Remove the chicken and shred.
- Add chicken back into the soup and serve with your favorite toppings.
White Chili Instant Pot Recipe
It’s really fun to set out a topping bar and everyone can grab their favorites. This is also a great idea for parties or to feed a crowd. The instant pot does all the work and you can enjoy your friends and family! I have one of these ceramic caddies and I just fill each section with toppings! It has been so handy for all sorts of things. It’s also great for Taco Tuesday which makes me think of this amazing Instant Pot Shredded Beef Tacos Recipe…..
Print your Pressure Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe below:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cans white beans (15 oz cans) I used Great Northern Beans
- 2 cups chicken broth (or you can use water)
- ½ onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup salsa verde
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
Place the chicken (can be frozen) at the bottom of the Instant Pot. I used an 8 quart Instant pot but the 6 quart size will work as well.
Add everything else except the toppings to the Instant pot.
Place lid and lock. Make sure the valve is set to sealing.
Set the pressure to high (if you have an 8 quart size) and set the timer for 25 minutes.
Once it is finished, you can do a quick release or a natural release.
Remove the chicken and shred.
Add chicken back into the soup and serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5-7 days.
You will love this Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe!
If you have any leftovers, freeze a couple of individual containers for quick lunches. I love having a few servings in the freezer that I know I can pull out for a quick lunch or even dinner. This saves me from running for take out 🙂 . We love to cook once and eat twice around here! Another trick I like to do is use the leftovers and mix with tortilla chips or Doritos and top with cheese and bake! It’s an easy way to use leftovers without feeling like you are eating leftovers 🙂 . I just use a small 8×8 pan and sometimes I will even use the disposable ones! My family loves this and it helps having a few simple meal ideas on the menu plan rotation.
We also love homemade cornbread recipe! So quick and delicious with this meal.
You might also like Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup. Loaded with creamy potatoes and toppings like sour cream, cheese, bacon and more for a soup that is comfort food at it’s best.
Check out these other instant pot soup recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Ham and Bean Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
You might also like these other pressure cooker recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Instant pot Boneless Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant pot Twice Baked Potatoes
- Quick and Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Recipe