Some people are afraid of ground turkey and I just don’t understand why. It is so easy to make and it really can fool your family a bit when you cook it in dinners like this ground turkey chili recipe. We love to cook with ground turkey because it is not only healthier for you, but it is much cheaper too.
Now if you are still afraid to go all ground turkey then double this recipe and cook with 1 pound ground turkey and one pound lean ground beef. The ground turkey will take on the flavor of the beef, so your family will never notice. That is an easy way to save some money without your family even noticing.
You might also like Crockpot Creamy Chicken Taco Soup Recipe for a delicious twist on traditional chili! It’s so good!
Now… if you want the extra health benefits then definitely try our delicious ground turkey chili recipe.
Our secret to adding more flavor and more health benefits is by shredding zucchini and adding it in the chili. Now you will want to invest in a mini chopper, like the one I have here. You will place your chunks of zucchini in the food chopper and it will make it into tiny pieces.
Add it into your chili after you have browned the turkey and the zucchini almost disappears. However, the flavor doesn’t. The zucchini ads the most delicious flavor to this chili. You definitely don’t want to miss out on that. Trust me… your kids won’t even notice it in there.
This recipe can be made on the stove top like we did or you can easily toss it all in the crockpot. In fact… this makes a very easy freezer meal idea too! See all our other Crock pot recipes here.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 zucchini shredded
- ½ onion shredded in chopper
- 1 can of kidney beans (light red)
- 2 cans of crushed tomatoes (14 oz) - you could do one diced tomaotes
- 1 tablespoons of chili
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of water
- Brown the ground turkey in a pan. Add in the shredded zucchini and onion.
- Cook until translucent.
- Add in the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low and allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes to let all the flavors combine
- (Note: you could toss it all in the crock pot for about 6 hours on low)
- You may need to add more water if you don't want it as thick.
Make sure you try some of our other delicious soup recipes: