Crock Pot Vegetable and Beef Chili Recipe is the perfect comfort food recipe for a cold day. The slow cooker does all the work and everything is packed with flavor and so delicious.
Crock Pot Vegetable and Beef Chili Recipe
We love a good chili recipe and this one does not disappoint. It is loaded with veggies, beef and just enough heat to make the absolute best chili!
Even better, you literally just toss everything into the crock pot and come home to dinner ready and waiting! This is a great recipe for busy weeknights when you have little to no time to even think about dinner.
This recipe is amazing!! The kids didn’t even notice the veggies. It is a great way to sneak more veggies in everyone’s diet.
No one complained and they just gobbled this chili up. We all love this recipe.
Vegetable Beef Chili is a win all around!
It has so much flavor and the jalapenos give it just the perfect amount of heat. Everyone loved this chili.
The Jalapenos really give it the best flavor. It is just the right amount and not too spicy for the kids.
However, if you prefer they can easily be omitted. I actually love the heat so I dice up a few extra for me to add to my bowl of chili when I’m topping them with cheese and sour cream.
The best Chili with Vegetables and Meat Recipe:
If your schedule is crazy like mine, you definitely need quick and easy recipes on the menu plan rotation. This crockpot chili with vegetable and beef is one of those recipes I rely on during crazy weeks.
It keeps us from getting take out and spending money on food that isn’t that great. We all much prefer to come home to a delicious meal waiting in the slow cooker to enjoy. It saves us money and time plus the stress of figuring out what is for dinner at the last minute.
It is so nice to just come home and be able to gather around the table to enjoy a nice hot meal. We can talk about everyone’s day and just enjoy the meal.
What veggies go well in chili?
Just about any vegetable you like can be put in chili. They are all so tasty.
Our favorites include:
- green pepper
- red pepper
I have even added sweet potato! You can add whatever your family enjoys. That is the beauty of this recipe. Make it your own and try new things.
It is delicious and sure to be a hit!
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Chili:
- Ground beef – browned the ground beef in a large skillet and drain off any excess grease from the beef
- Zucchini – peeled and chopped
- Onion – chopped – We freeze diced onion to use in all of our recipes.
- Green bell pepper – chopped – I use frozen diced peppers.
- Jalapeño pepper – seeded and chopped
- Diced tomatoes – You can use diced tomatoes with green chilis if you prefer.
- Tomato paste
- Kidney beans
- Black beans
- Minced garlic
- Chili powder and cumin
How to make Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Chili:
- Add ground beef and remaining ingredients in the crock pot. I used a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
Note- Make sure 15 oz canned beans are drained and rinsed.
What to serve with vegetable beef chili
Of course the chili is amazing alone but we love a good topping bar around here. We like to load our chili with all sorts of yummy toppings and the kids enjoy it too.
- shredded cheese (We like cheddar, Colby and mozzarella cheese.)
- sour cream
- green onion
- hot sauce
- fresh lime
- diced jalapeno peppers
- saltine crackers
- corn chips
- tortilla chips
Check out What to Serve with Chili for more chili side dish recipes.
This chili is a crowd pleaser!
We have served this for guests and everyone loves this chili. It has so much flavor and really is amazing. It is budget friendly and can easily feed a crowd. This is perfect for game day, parties and more.
Give this a try for a hearty and delicious meal everyone will love. There is just something so inviting about a warm bowl of chili.
It is the best comfort food and so tasty!
Can you put raw meat in slow cooker for chili?
I like using the Instant Pot Aura Crock Pot to brown the beef. Then once the beef is browned, you can add in the other ingredients and slow cook everything in the same pot.
Since you are just using the one pot, it helps with clean up. I am always looking for ways to save time and money. Life is crazy with kids and work and activities.
If there is any way at all to save a few minutes or a few dollars, I’m all about it! It all really adds up and helps out so much.
The best part about chili is you can make it your own. Omit certain ingredients or add in and you will still create a great bowl of chili.
- You can make this Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Chili in a large dutch oven or stock pot over medium high heat if you need to make it on the stove top.
- Make this chili without the meat if you would prefer a vegetarian option.
- Omit or change the beans if prefer a certain kind.
Tips for the best Vegetable and Beef Chili:
- Chop and store your onion and peppers to easily add to any recipe. I love when I have some already chopped to use in this recipe.
- Make sure you have a good crock pot to prepare this chili. We are loving the Instant Pot Aura Crock Pot.
- Use crock pot liners for an easy clean up.
- You can mix ground beef and ground turkey to make this chili a bit more healthier.
How to store leftovers:
We all agree at my house the chili leftovers are better than next day. We store the leftovers in the refrigerator. This makes for a great lunch for me and my husband.
I place in individual containers so we have a complete lunch as we are heading out the door.
How to freeze chili:
Sometimes, I make a double batch just to freeze this wonderful chili. It is perfect to freeze for quick meals. One option is to freeze the chili before you cook it. Simply place the ingredients in a freezer bag and then place in the slow cooker frozen.
Another idea is to freeze after you cook it and just reheat for easy future meals. We love easy ideas for meal time around here and this chili is a family favorite.
Note- If you do a lot of freezer meals, consider grabbing this JOKARI Hands-Free Baggy Rack Storage Bag Holder. These are not necessary, but make it so much easier to put the meals together for the freezer.
I like to freeze small containers to enjoy for quick lunches during the week. It is such a time saver and really tasty.
How to reheat leftovers:
If we have a small serving that we are reheating, then we place in the microwave. I heat up the chili in 1 minute intervals until heated all the way through.
If I am reheating a larger portion then I will place on the stove top in a sauce pan and heat that way. I prefer to heat on the stove as it heats up better.
How to use leftover chili:
There are multiple ways to use leftover chili. These are some of our favorites.
- Top on Crockpot Baked Potatoes for a quick lunch or even dinner. I love to put a little of the Beef and Vegetable Chili on the potato and top with sour cream and cheese. It is so yummy and a really hearty and filling meal idea if you have not tried this. Plus, it is so quick and easy to make these loaded potatoes with chili.
- We have even baked the chili over doritos or corn chips and topped with cheese. This is a great way to use leftovers and create a new meal with it.
- Make a chili cheese wrap with some Frito’s. It is the perfect lunch idea.
Print this Slow Cooker Vegetable and Beef chili recipe below:
Crock pot Beef and Vegetable Chili
- 1 pound ground beef browned
- 3 medium zucchini peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 can tomato paste . 12 oz
- 1 can kidney beans 15 oz
- 1 can black beans 15 oz
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups water
- Add everything in the crock pot. I used a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cook on low for for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Slow Cooker Chili Recipes:
Check out 20 of our favorite beef chili recipes.