This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili Recipe has everything you love about classic chili. But this one has a delicious creamy broth that is amazing. The tender chicken is hearty and delicious for the best chili recipe and so easy to make.
Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili Recipe:
This recipe is like one big bowl of comfort food. Tons of shredded chicken with lots of Mexican flavor and an amazing creamy broth make this a big hit around here. This creamy chili is easy to make with simple ingredients.
You can use leftover chicken and make this soup even easier. Toss everything into your slow cooker and come home to the best dinner ready to enjoy. This chili is budget friendly yet hearty and filling.
Even my picky eaters love this chili recipe and it is perfect for Mexican Monday or any day of the week. Top with sour cream, cheese and slice jalapenos for an amazing meal idea.
Can I use Frozen Chicken Breast?
Yes, you can place frozen chicken in the slow cooker. It is the way that I cook most of my chicken when I cook a slow cooker chicken recipe. It makes it so easy to take from the freezer and add the remaining ingredients for a delicious slow cooker recipe.
Keep in mind if you using frozen chicken that it your chili might have a thinner broth. As the frozen chicken cooks it will release moisture. This may affect the final outcome of your cream chicken chili.
- Chicken Breasts
- Black Beans – drained and rinsed
- Great Northern Beans
- Ranch Seasoning Dressing Packet
- Salsa Verde
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Chicken Broth
- Cream Cheese
- Chopped Cilantro
How to Make Cream Cheese Chicken Chili:
If you can toss things into the crock pot, you can make this meal. It is so easy and anyone can make this.
- Step 1 – Add all the ingredients to the crock pot, except the cream cheese and cilantro.
- Step 2 – Cover crock pot with lid, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Step 3 – After this cooking time, remove chicken, shred the chicken and return the chicken to the crock pot.
- Step 4 – Then add in cream cheese, cover and cook. You can cook on low for 30 minutes or high for 15 minutes until the cream cheese is melted.
- Step 5 – Stir to combine and serve with your favorite toppings.
What to Serve with Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili:
- Tortilla Chips – We like to serve the soup with tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips. This really makes the chili even better.
- White Rice – Because this chili is creamy, you can easily serve this over white rice. This will also make the chili feed more people if you are feeding a crowd.
- Quesadilla – We like make cheese quesadilla with this recipe. Even though this is a hearty and filling chili recipe, quesadillas are delicious dipped into the creamy chili.
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Green Onion
- Hot Sauce
- Fresh Lime
- Fresh Cilantro
- Diced Tomatoes
Cream Cheese White Chicken Chili Variations:
- Chicken – We used chicken breast in this recipe, but you can also use boneless chicken thighs or tenders. This would a great recipe to use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken.
- Beans – Black beans and white beans is what I prefer for this recipe. But you use any type of beans you have. Add more or less depending on your families preference.
- Seasoning – Feel free to use different seasoning. You can even add in some taco seasoning. Chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes is a great addition to add in spice.
- Rotel – We used diced tomatoes with green chilies, but you can easily use a can of Rotel. They have different type of rotel to choose from such as hot, medium or mild. Mix a couple of cans to add extra flavor.
- Cheese – Top with different flavors of cheese. Sharp cheddar, pepper jack cheese or colby monterrey jack cheese is always a good option.
How do you Make White Chili Thicker?
This soup will thicken if you simmer it longer. We find that the best way to thicken chili is simply removing the lid of the slow cooker.
You can also puree some of the white beans to thicken the chili. Are looking for more ways to thicken your chili? We have 8 tips and tricks for How to Thicken Chili.
Can I Make this on the Stovetop?
Yes, you can easily make this soup on your stovetop. We love to make this in our dutch oven but you can use any type of large pot.
Add the ingredients to the large pot and let it simmer of medium heat as the chicken cooks. The chicken will take about 20 minutes to cook. But to be sure, you can use a meat thermometer to ensure chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Once chicken is cooked, remove the chicken and shred. Add chicken back to the large pot and stir in cubed cream cheese. Stir and heat until cream cheese is melted.
Serve and enjoy this creamy chicken chili with your favorite toppings.
Tips for White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese:
- Cream Cheese – Add your cream cheese towards the end of the cooking time. This helps it to melt completely. We recommend using full fat cream cheese for this recipe.
- Corn – If you are using canned corn, you can dump the corn and the liquid in with the other ingredients. You can also use frozen corn.
- Chicken – This is the perfect recipe to use leftover chicken. Or if you have only a few chicken breast left in a package. There are other ingredients that make this chili so heart and filling.
- Shred Chicken – We recommend using a hand mixer or a stand mixer to shred the chicken. This saves so much time and the chicken shreds perfectly.
- Spicy – The way this recipe is made it is not spicy. But feel free to add in seasoning or other ingredient to increase the spice level.
Can you Freeze Creamy White Chicken Chili?
Yes, you can freeze this chili recipe. In fact, we often double the recipe to have extra for the freezer. Keep in mind that the texture might change slightly due to the cream cheese that is added.
One option is to freeze the chili before you cook it (except the cream cheese). Simply place the ingredients in a freezer bag and then place in the slow cooker frozen.
Another idea is to freeze after you cook it and just reheat for easy future meals. We love easy ideas for meal time around here and this chili is a family favorite.
Make sure to store the leftovers in a freezer safe container. Will like to place in individual containers to easily reheat. This creamy chili will last about 3 months in the freezer.
How to Store Leftovers:
Place leftovers in an air tight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Place in individual containers for an easy lunch the next day. Reheat in a microwave safe bowl or on the stovetop.
Easy Cream Cheese Chicken Chili:
If you are looking for an easy chili recipe this is the one. This chili is creamy, delicious and easy to make and always a family favorite. All the ingredients are tossed in the slow cooker for a quick and easy dinner.
Top with your favorite chili topping and serve with tortilla chips or rice. Perfect cold weather chili or perfect year round. We love to serve as a weeknight meal or for a game day gathering.
This chili is budget friendly and the ingredients are simple too.
Print this Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili recipe below:
Crock pot cream cheese chicken chili recipe
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can black beans (15 oz – drained and rinsed)
- 1 can great northern beans (15 oz – not drained)
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis (10 oz can)
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 pkg Ranch Seasoning Packet
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Add all the ingredients to the crock pot, except the cream cheese and cilantro.
- Cover crock pot with lid, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- After this cooking time, remove chicken, shred the chicken and return the chicken to the crock pot.
- Then add in cream cheese, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or high for 15 minutes until the cream cheese is melted.
- Stir to combine and serve with your favorite toppings.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe