Nothing warms the soul like a hearty bowl of soup! And now thanks to this Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe, it can be ready in no time! Whether you are under the weather or just want to feed your family a hearty meal, this soup will do the trick!
Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
It is so nice to be able to make a homemade chicken soup in the Instant Pot in minutes. This soup is packed with shredded chicken, veggies and noodles. Perfect for a cold evening to warm you up!
If you love this soup, try Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe. It is comfort food at its best and so simple to make
You will need a Pressure cooker for this recipe:
If you need an instant pot, Amazon has several on sale here. I absolutely love mine. I have the larger one and it’s perfect! You can also check out the electric pressure cookers too.
It’s truly changed how we eat around here! No more take out or crazy dashes to figure out dinner. The instant pot can make a meal come together in minutes! Even when I forget to take anything out of the freezer.
More Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes to try:
If you love Chicken Noodle Soup as much as I do, you will need to check out my Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup that only takes 20 minutes to make.
We also have our Slow Cooker version of Chicken Noodle Soup that is just as comforting as our Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup. You will come home to soup already prepared!
If you love soups as much as I do, we have more soup recipes that I know you will want to try!
What is the soup setting on the Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot soup setting is programed to cook the soup on high pressure for 30 minutes, cook times may vary based on your Instant Pot. This allows the soup to come to a slow simmer which makes the broth clear.
I really like to be able to push the soup button on my Instant Pot knowing it is going to do all the work for me!
How to Make Soup in the Instant Pot?
This recipe is so simple but taste so delicious! It is the perfect soup on a cold day but light enough to enjoy anytime of the year.
My entire family loves this soup and I love the fact that it is packed with protein and veggies. A complete dinner for my busy family.
You just toss the chicken and veggies and broth in the pressure cooker and have a delicious meal in minutes!
Can you Cook Pasta in the Instant Pot?
Absolutely! That is why I love the Instant Pot so much. Everything can be cooked in the Instant Pot and saves me time in the kitchen!
You will cook the chicken and the remaining ingredients in the Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup under the pressure setting. You will add the noodles to the broth and use the sauté setting to cook your noodles. They will come out perfect!
How to Release Pressure in the Instant Pot?
There are two ways you can release pressure in the Instant Pot. You can do the natural release which takes time or you can use the quick release which is my personal favorite!
The quick release allows you to get dinner on the table fast so you can enjoy family time!
- chicken breasts (can be frozen)- chicken thighs work great also!
- onion finely chopped
- celery chopped
- carrots chopped
- Salt and pepper
- minced garlic
- chicken broth (1 carton)
- Frozen noodles (we used Reames but any will work great)
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe:
1. Place the chicken, onions, carrots, and celery in the Instant pot.
2. Add seasonings. I also like adding in bay leaf.
3. Take the 2 cup of water and whisk in the ¼ cup of flour.
4. Pour into the Instant pot.
5. Add in the chicken broth.
6. Add the lid and make sure it is set to sealing set the timer for 20 minutes.
7. Do a quick release. Remove the chicken and shred.
8. Once chicken is shredded, add the chicken back in the instant pot.
9. Turn the instant pot to the sauté setting and bring the soup to a boil.
10. Add in the frozen reames noodles and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until noodles are cooked through. I also like adding a little olive oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
Also if you want to use dry noodles instead of frozen, you would just cook them for about 6 minutes until they are cooked through.
What to serve with Chicken noodle soup
- How to Make Homemade Garlic Bread
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls Recipe
- For more ideas check out What to Serve with Chicken Noodle Soup
Print the Best Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe below:
Instant pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth (1 carton)
- 16 oz. Frozen Noodles (we used Reames but any will work great)
- Place the chicken, onions, carrots, and celery in an electric pressure cooker.
- Add in the seasonings.
- Take the 4 cup of water and whisk in the ¼ cup of flour.
- Pour this mixture into the Instant pot.
- Add in the chicken broth.
- Seal the electric pressure cook and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- After this cook time, do a quick release and shred the chicken.
- Stir the frozen noodles into the instant pot.
- Seal and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes with a quick release. Make sure to release the pressure immediately so that the noodles do not over cook.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Your family will love this Chicken Noodle Soup Pressure Cooker Recipe!
This soup is so warm and comforting. It truly is more than just soup! It feeds the soul. It’s the perfect meal to warm you up during the cold winter months. It’s also perfect to make for a friend that isn’t feeling so well. How special to get a delivery of this on your door step! It truly would make the perfect meal.
Wonder if it could be made using cauliflower rice to make it more keto friendly, like a chicken rice soup? how would you adjust the liquid and cook time?
Yes, I think that would taste great! I would just add the cauliflower rice in at the end instead of the pasta and cook accordingly to the instructions for the cauliflower rice. Let me know how it turns out!
We love this chIcken noodle soup recipe. It is so good!
Fantastic recipe. Have made several times. Easy and quick to throw everything together and end up with a flavorful, nutritious lunch or dinner. We have even thrown in pearled barley in place of noodles for another delish twist on a classic chicken soup. This one’s a family favorite and keeper!
This is my new “go to” recipe for chicken noodle soup. Delish!!