Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup is one of my family’s favorite crockpot recipes for the fall and winter. It is getting colder and colder so I wanted to share this easy, frugal, and delicious crockpot recipe. I think you will be shocked by how easy this crock pot dinner is to make
I like to use Reames frozen noodles for this easy recipe because they taste great but I don’t have to do much work. You will find them in the frozen section at your grocery store. However, when I am feeling like homemade noodles, I will make these easy homemade noodles recipe.
Now you definitely need a crockpot for this recipe. There are some really good ones on sale right now. If you work all day, you may want to invest in a programmable crockpot. They are awesome because you can set them to start later, or to stop and switch to warm once the dinners are ready. Amazon has some on sale right now too.
If you want to save yourself even more time (don’t we all?) then I really recommend these Crockpot liners. They make clean up a breeze. Instead of scrubbing and washing the pot, you can just toss the liner. It is practically no clean up… seriously, no clean up.
- 2 to 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped(I had mine in the freezer)
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of season salt (just sprinkled in)
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- (plus 3 cups of water, if you wan it soupier)
- 1 package of Reames frozen noodles (you could use dried pasta if you want)
How to make crock pot chicken noodle soup recipe:
- Place the chicken, onions, carrots, and celery in the crockpot.
- Add seasonings.
- Take 1 cup of water (or brother) and whisk in the 1/4 cup of flour.
- Pour into the crockpot.
- Add the remaining water or broth.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- In the last hour before serving, add the noodles and turn the crockpot to high.
- After one hour, shred the chicken and serve with some delicious crusty bread.
We get the frozen reames noodles cheap all the time after sales and coupons. If you don’t have any of these, you can use dried egg noodles that you got for cheap or even gluten free noodles. It would only take about 20 minutes in the crockpot to cook instead of the full hour.
My family just loves this recipe and it feels great on our sore throats. This is a regular addition to our weekly fall and winter menu. Enjoy!
Print the slow cooker chicken and noodle soup recipe below:
Try this easy Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe. If you can toss food in a crockpot, you can enjoy this delicious slow cooker chicken noodle soup recipe.
- 2 to 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped (I had mine in the freezer)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt (just sprinkled in)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- plus 3 cups of water, if you wan it soupier
- 1 pkg Reames frozen noodles (you could use dried pasta if you want)
Place the chicken, onions, carrots, and celery in the crockpot.
Take 1 cup of water (or brother) and whisk in the 1/4 cup of flour.
Pour into the crockpot.
Add the remaining water or broth.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
In the last hour before serving, add the noodles and turn the crockpot to high.
After one hour, shred the chicken and serve with some delicious crusty bread.
**You may have to add some more salt before serving.
Serve it with some homemade dinner rolls or garlic toast from the freezer to complete this dinner.
Total for this dinner for my family of 6:
- about $2 for the chicken
- Noodles were $.50 after my coupons
- used half bag of carrots that I got for $.59 = $.30
- half bag of peas = $.49
- half onion – pennies
- celery – about $.25
- GRAND TOTAL – less than $4 to make!
Now that is a frugal dinner. 😉
If you love traditional veggie soup, you will go crazy over this Creamy Vegetable Soup Recipe. It is packed with veggies but so creamy and delicious plus ready in just minutes!
Slow Cooker Steak Soup Recipe is the perfect soup to leave everyone satisfied. This soup is hearty and delicious and sure to be a hit.
Another great recipe to try is Slow Cooker Lentil Soup Recipe for a warm and comforting meal sure to be a hit. This soup is packed with flavor and so easy to make that you will want to make this often.
Find all of our favorite Crock Pot Recipes here.
Learn how to make this Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup for the absolute best comfort food. The slow cooker does all the work to make the creamiest potato soup that will impress the entire family.
Also, try Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup when you need a delicious dinner fast. Simply toss all the ingredients in the slow cooker and dinner will be waiting to impress the family.
Try a few of these other crock pot soup recipes:
- Easy Crockpot Stuffed Peppers Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Jalapeño Poppers Chicken Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Quick & Easy Crock pot Beef Stew Recipe