This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Enjoy everything you love about Chicken Parmesan in this easy Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Parmesan Soup Recipe. Each bite is loaded with flavor and the crock pot makes it super easy.
Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Soup Recipe
Our family loves Chicken Parmesan Recipe. Now thanks to this super easy Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Parmesan Recipe, we can enjoy it any time we want. You get all the delicious flavors of Chicken Parmesan without any of the work.
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup is the perfect weeknight meal. If you love chicken parmesan as much as my family, check out these other recipes. Chicken Parmesan Recipe and Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Recipe are always a crowd favorite.
We love that the slow cooker does all the work. Add the easy ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low. Come home and add in the heavy whipping cream, pasta and parmesan for a creamy and delicious soup.
What is Chicken Parmesan Soup?
Chicken Parmesan Soup combines all the delicious flavors of chicken parmesan but in a soup form.
The simple ingredients are cooked on low all day in chicken broth. This allows the chicken to have so much flavor and so delicious. Once you have cooked all the ingredients, then remove the chicken and shred.
Add in your heavy whipping cream and pasta to make this soup more creamy. Top with parmesan cheese for an amazing Chicken Parmesan Soup without a lot of work.
- Boneless Chicken Breast
- Minced Garlic
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Chicken Broth
- Parmesan Cheese
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Rotini Pasta
- Bread Crumbs
- Shredded Mozzarella for topping
How to Make Chicken Parm Soup in a Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – First, add the chicken breast, minced garlic, and crushed tomatoes. Then add in tomato sauce, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and chicken broth to the crock pot.
- Step 2 – Cover crock pot with lid, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Step 3 – Remove the chicken, shred and add back to the slow cooker.
- Step 4 – About 30 minutes before serving, add in the shredded Parmesan cheese, heavy whipping cream and rotini pasta. Cook until everything is blended together and the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Step 5 – During this last step, I like to go ahead and sauté the bread crumbs. Cook in the butter in a sauce pan on the stovetop.
- Step 6 – Top the individual soup servings with mozzarella cheese and bread crumbs. Enjoy! It really is so tasty.
Keep reading for the full recipe.
What to Serve with Crockpot Chicken Parmesan Soup:
- Garden Salad – Serve it with a salad and your dinner is complete. Talk about an easy and frugal dinner idea.
- Cheese Sticks – It’s also really good with garlic bread or Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe. I highly recommend the bread.
- More Easy Sides – See What to Serve with Chicken Parmesan for easy side dishes.
- Steamed Broccoli – In just minutes, this easy broccoli side dish is ready to enjoy. It is light and healthy. We love this with the cream sauce.
I like serving this dish with a light veggie. It balances out the heavy cream sauce for the best combination.
My kids also like to spoon the sauce over the veggies and they don’t complain about eating their veggies.
There are many different ways to top this delicious soup. These are some of our favorites.
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Cooked Chicken – We used frozen chicken breast for this recipe, but you can easily use boneless chicken thighs or chicken tender. If you have leftover rotisserie chicken, you can add that to the soup as well.
- Double the Recipe – This recipe is perfect for feeding a crowd. Double the ingredients for a crowd pleasing soup. Add a side of salad and breadsticks and everyone will come back for more.
- Seasoning – We used Italian Seasoning blend for this recipe. You can easily use fresh herbs if you prefer or other types of seasoning.
- Change the Pasta – We usually cook this dish with a traditional pasta. But if you prefer to use gluten free pasta or whole wheat pasta instead, I would cook separately. This will ensure that the pasta gets cooked and is not mushy.
- Add in Vegetables – Add in bell peppers, onions, or spinach to add flavor to this delicious soup.
- Spicy – Add in Red Pepper Flakes to this soup to add a little kick to the soup.
Can this soup be made on the Stove Top?
Yes, this soup can definitely be made in your dutch oven or in a large pot on the stove. Place the ingredients in the large pot and cook until chicken is done.
Add in the pasta and the heavy cream once the chicken is cooked and shredded. Continue cooking for about 20 minutes and then serve with your favorite topping.
I like to make it on the stove top as well if I am going to be home. It cooks perfectly on the stove and it always smells delicious.
How to Store Leftovers:
This Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Soup is delicious leftover. We like to place in individual air tight containers for an easy way to have lunch the next day. Place containers in the refrigerator and they will stay good for about 3 to 4 days.
This soup heats well on the stove or in a microwave. The soup is delicious the next day as the ingredients really marinate together. Add a side of garlic bread and your lunch is complete.
Can I Freeze Chicken Parmesan Soup?
Freezing soup that has pasta and cream as their base can be challenging. The texture of the pasta can change when thawing and the cream broth can separate. If you are planning on freezing this recipe, you can definitely freezing after you make it.
But I would recommend keeping the pasta and cream broth separate and just freezing the soup contents. Then when you are ready to serve again, add in the tortellini. Then mix in the heavy cream as the recipe card indicates.
If frozen properly, this soup will last about 2 months in the freezer. Thaw soup in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat on the stovetop.
Easy Creamy Chicken Parmesan Soup:
We eat a lot of soup especially when the weather gets colder. This soup is both flavorful and hearty so it is the perfect soup to warm up to. This soup is perfect for a weeknight meal or serve when having friends over.
Make your favorite Italian dish in a soup form and impress your family and friends.
Print this Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Parmesan Soup recipe below:
Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Parmesan Soup Recipe
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- Add the chicken breast, minced garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and chicken broth to the crock pot.
- Cover crock pot with lid, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred the chicken. Stir in the shredded parmesan cheese, heavy whipping cream and rotini pasta. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or high for 15 minutes.
- While this is cooking, sauté the bread crumbs in the butter in a sauce pan on the stovetop.
- Top the individual soup servings with mozzarella cheese and bread crumbs. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Crock Pot Chicken Soup Recipe:
- Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Potato Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup