This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe is the perfect soup for busy weeknights when you are craving chicken pot pie. This comes together in minutes with all the flavors of traditional chicken pot pie without any of the work.
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
If you love our super popular Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie recipe. You will love this delicious and easy chicken pot pie soup recipe. Everything you love about chicken pot pie comes together for an amazing soup recipe.
You can have this on the table in less time than it takes to go get take out. Seriously, this is so easy to make and it is the best comfort food. This soup taste like it has cooked all day, when it only took about 30 minutes to prepare.
We love pressure cooking as it has been a game changer for my family. I take a frozen meal to a complete dinner thanks to our instant pot. This recipe is the perfect soup for a cold day.
Why We Love This Easy Chicken Pot Pie Soup:
- Simple Ingredients – This recipe is made with simple ingredients. I like to keep my pantry stocked with these ingredients so it is easy to throw together at the last minute. This recipe is budget friendly and always a family favorite.
- Quick and Easy – If you are looking for an instant pot recipe that does all the work. This is the soup to make. We love that it is both quick to make but it is so delicious.
- Hearty and Filling – There is nothing better that a bowl of chicken soup, especially on a cold day. This soup can easily be made in the crock pot too. This soup can also be served as a gluten free option.
- Chicken Breasts, frozen
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Russet Potatoes
- Frozen Peas and Carrots
- Salt and Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Poultry Seasoning
- Chicken Broth
- Can Biscuits
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie Soup in the Instant Pot:
- Step 1 – Add All Ingredients – Place everything in the instant pot but the biscuits.
- Step 2 – Close Lid and Cook – Lock the lid and set the pressure to high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Step 3 – Quick Release – Do a quick release to release the pressure.
- Step 4 – Shred chicken and return to pot – We like to take the chicken out and shred it.
- Step 5 – Thicken the Filling – If you want it thicker, you can thicken with cornstarch.
- Step 6 – Cook Biscuits – Meanwhile cook biscuits according to directions.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Spoon soup into bowls and serve with a biscuit on top.
Chicken Pot Pie Instant Pot Soup Recipe Tips:
- Preparing the Vegetables – When cleaning and preparing the vegetables we recommend cutting them in about the same size. This makes sure that they cook evenly.
- Shredding the Chicken – For an easy way to shred the chicken. We can show you tips and tricks on How to Shred Chicken. Using a stand mixer or a hand held mixer allows you easily shred the chicken.
- Cooking Soup – This soup takes about 30 minutes to cook. You will know it is ready when the chicken and potatoes are cooked tender.
Instant Pot Pot Pie Soup Variation Ideas:
- Chicken – This is a great recipe to use leftover chicken. You can also add in rotisserie chicken as well. If you do used cooked chicken, cooking time will change. You can also use frozen boneless chicken thighs.
- Potatoes – We like using russet potatoes as they cook perfectly in the instant pot. But you can also use Yukon Gold Potatoes or Red Potatoes.
- Seasoning – We used simple seasoning in this recipe, but feel free to add in fresh herbs for my flavor. Fresh thyme or rosemary is a great option. You can also add in olive oil.
- Milk Variation – Feel free to change the milk for this recipe. You can substitute milk for a dairy free option such as coconut milk or almond milk.
- Vegetables – You can add or change the vegetables in this recipe. Corn – frozen, celery, or any type of vegetables. It is a great way to sneak in veggies.
- Stove-Top – This recipe can also be made on the stove-top for an easy weeknight meal.
- Chicken Broth – Instead of using chicken broth, you can use chicken stock or vegetable broth.
- Heavy Cream – Sometimes, I add heavy cream to make it a little more creamy and it is so good.
How to Make in the Slow Cooker:
This recipe can easily be made in the slow cooker to cook all day while you are away. The ingredients get placed in the slow cooker and cooked on low for about 6 hours.
A cornstarch slurry is added to thicken the broth for a thicker and creamier soup option. Serve with your favorite biscuits for a complete meal idea.
What to Serve with Chicken Pot Pie Soup:
This is the best one pot meal. You really don’t need anything else. So I like to keep my side dishes simple and easy to make. These are some of our favorites.
- Homemade Rolls – If you love homemade rolls this is the recipe to make. Canned biscuits are great with this recipe, but these rolls are great if you do not have canned biscuits. They are made with simple ingredients and are quick and easy.
- Easy Caesar Salad – If you are want to serve a light side dish, make this Caesar Salad. It pairs well with this soup with a side of rolls or biscuits.
- More Sides to Serve – Everything you need for a great meal is in this soup. It is loaded with chicken, veggies, bread and all with amazing flavor. But adding one of these sides stretches the soup to feed a crowd.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store your leftovers in an air tight container and place in the fridge. It will last about 5 days and is great for lunch the next day. We like to place in individual containers for a quick lunch.
We actually think it taste better the next day as the ingredients really marinate together.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe:
Once the weather gets colder, we love to start making soups more. There is just something about a bowl of this chicken pot pie soup that just warms up the soul.
It is such an easy recipe and the perfect soup for busy weeknights when you are craving chicken pot pie. Your family can enjoy all the flavors of traditional chicken pot pie without any of the work.
This recipe is similar to your classic chicken pot pie made with puff pastry or pie crust. But it is thinner like a soup. We love making it in the pressure cooker as it is quick and easy. Taste perfect topped with a biscuit.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The best way to thicken this chicken pot pie filling is by creating a corn starch slurry or with flour. Combine 2 tablespoons of corn starch with water and pour into the pot pie filling.
Let the mixture saute in the instant pot as it thickens. You may need to stir to make sure everything combines easily.
Yes, this instant pot chicken pot pie soup can be prepared ahead of time. Then when you are ready to serve, place in a sauce pan and reheat over medium heat. We actually think it taste better the next day.
Yes, if you prefer you can double the recipe so you have delicious soup already prepared for a quick dinner idea. Once the soup has cooled to room temperature, place in a freezer safe container. Store up to 3 months.
When you are ready to serve, allow the soup to thaw in the fridge overnight. Then reheat in a sauce pan or your can heat in the microwave.
More Easy Instant Pot Chicken Soup Recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Stew Recipe
Print Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe:
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts frozen no need to thaw
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cup Milk
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 16 oz bag of Frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans biscuits
- Place everything in the instant pot but the biscuits.
- Lock the lid and set the pressure to high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Do a quick release to release the pressure.
- Shred chicken and return to pot.
- If you want it thicker, you can thicken with cornstarch.
- Meanwhile cook biscuits according to directions.
- Spoon soup into bowls and serve with a biscuit on top.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe