This Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup is comfort food at its best! It has all the things you love about a cheeseburger but in a delicious soup!
No worries if you forgot to plan dinner, this recipe can come together in just minutes in your instant pot!
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
This soup is so creamy and delicious. Your entire family is going to love this great recipe!
It’s perfect for a cold day to warm you up. It’s also the perfect dish to serve for a crowd or on game day!
Prefer to use a slow cooker? Try the Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup version. Pressure cooking the soup, however, allows you to enjoy the flavors of slow cooking but much faster.
We love it with this Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe. Dip the garlic bread in the soup to get every last drop of the tasty soup.
Everyone will go crazy over this recipe. It is that good.
If you need an instant pot, Amazon has several on sale here. I absolutely love mine.
I have the larger Instant pot, and it’s perfect for quick soups and quick dinners! You can also check out the electric pressure cookers too.
- potatoes, peeled and diced
- white onion, diced
- shredded carrots
- beef broth – You can also use chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- cream of mushroom soup – Try our Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe.
- Italian Seasoning
- minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- ground beef
- cheddar cheese (shredded)
- cream cheese
How to make instant pot cheeseburger soup:
First, set the Instant pot to browning and brown the ground beef. You want to also drain any excess grease.
Second, put the potatoes, onions, and carrots in the pressure cooker.
Next, add the beef broth and cream of mushroom soup. Pour this all over the vegetables.
Then sprinkle the seasonings and combine everything.
Finally, add the lid and set the pressure to high for 5 minutes. Next, do a quick release and take the lid off.
The last step is to add the shredded cheddar cheese and the cream cheese into the Instant pot.
Place the lid back on. Let this sit on low until the cheese is melted.
How long do you cook in the pressure cooker?
This meal is so quick and easy. After you brown the ground beef, everything cooks on high pressure for 5 minutes.
At the end, the cheese goes in and melts for 2 to 3 minutes.
The entire dish takes less than 15 minutes start to finish.
What to serve with cheeseburger soup?
- Serve with your favorite toppings. We topped ours with tomatoes, onions and cheddar cheese.
- Bread for dipping. Try Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks and easy homemade dinner rolls. You can also pick up bread from the bakery or even just toast some hamburger buns.
Can I substitute beef with other meats?
Yes, we have substituted ground turkey instead of beef and it was delicious. No one could tell the difference.
Other tasty ideas include ground chicken and ground sausage.
How to freeze:
- Cool the soup completely.
- Put the soup in freezer bags making sure to get any air out.
- Lay the bags flat in the freezer so they will freeze flat. This is how I try to freeze most of my freezer meals because they take up less space this way.
- Now you can reheat for a future or lazy evening. I like to reheat it in my slow cooker or on the stove top.
- You can also freeze cheeseburger soup in individual freezer safe containers for quick and easy lunch ideas.
How to thaw frozen cheeseburger soup
To thaw the cheeseburger soup, remove it from the freezer the night before serving and place in the refrigerator.
Or put the sealed soup bag in a large bowl or casserole dish filled with warm water, to thaw it faster.
Then reheat in the slow cooker, on the stove top, or in the microwave.
Make this pressure cooker cheeseburger soup!
You will not be disappointed. Curl up with a good book or movie and dig into this warm and hearty soup.
It’s such a tasty recipe and so quick and easy! I love cooking in my instant pot because dinner can be on the table super fast.
This is the perfect recipe to make on busy week days. Even if you forget to plan dinner, this is so fast.
With easy meals like this, you will be less tempted to get take out. Plus, it sure tastes better while also saving you money.
I think your family will really enjoy this quick and easy dinner idea.
Cheeseburger soup instant pot recipe
It is the best comfort food and so delicious!
How to make Cheeseburger Soup on the Stove Top
You can also make this on the stove top. Follow the Instant pot directions but placing all the ingredients in a stock pot. Instead of pressure cooking, bring to a boil.
Cover with a lid and reduce heat. Simmer until the potatoes are soft.
Finally stir in the cheddar cheese and cream cheese until melted.
- Use a Lower fat meat. I like to use a lower fat ground beef, like 10 percent beause then in make sure your soup isn’t as greasy. If you do use a higher fat meat, make sure to drain all the grease off before adding in all the other ingredients.
- For a spicier soup, add some red pepper flakes.
- Browning the beef is important because it will lock in and elevate the flavors of the soup.
- This dish can be made with any ground meat: chicken, turkey, or pork will all work. The cooking time will remain the same if you use the same amount of ingredients.
- You can use frozen diced or shredded hash browns instead of the potatoes in this soup recipe. You will be surprised how delicious the hash browns are.
You will get all the flavors in the soup, without all the work of peeling and dicing potatoes.
Print this instant pot cheeseburger soup recipe:
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 small potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 small white onion (diced)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (15 oz)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (cut into smaller pieces)
- Set the Instant pot to sauté setting. Brown the ground beef. Drain any excess grease.
- Place potatoes, onions, and carrots in the Instant Pot.
- Pour the beef broth and cream of mushroom soup over the vegetables.
- Add seasonings and stir.
- Cover with the lid and set the lid the seal position. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- After the cook time, do a quick release of the pressure on the instant pot by moving the valve on the lid to the vent position.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and cream cheese into the Instant pot.
- Switch the instant pot to the sauté setting and cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy Instant pot soup recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup Recipe