This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Today I’m sharing with you one of my favorite soups. Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers Soup Recipe it is the perfect hearty soup to serve during the Fall and Winter months. It is packed with flavors and is easy to make!
Seriously, it has all the delicious flavors of stuffed bell peppers but in a soup form! It is the perfect comfort food. Even my picky eaters gave this soup a two thumbs up.
This stuffed bell peppers soup recipe is so good even our pickiest eaters love it! The red and green peppers are diced small and they cook up so soft no one will complain.
If you like classic stuffed peppers recipe, then you are going to love it in a hearty soup form. It is easy to make but still has the amazing flavors that you love.
The ingredients cook easily and quickly in the instant pot.
This recipe is one of my all-time favorite soups. I love how comforting it is and packed with so much flavors. If you have ever made stuffed peppers, then you know how time consuming they can be.
That is why I love making a soup version! I just love how easy it is to throw everything in my instant pot and dinner is done.
While your stuffed bell pepper soup is being made, you will need to cook rice. This bowl of soup is perfect served with white or brown rice.
- Lean Ground Beef
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Bell Pepper
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
- Beef Broth
- Garlic Salt or Garlic Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooked Rice
How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe:
- Prepare Instant Pot – Turn your Instant pot to the saute setting.
- Cook the Ground Beef – Add in the ground beef and break it apart and allow it to brown. You might add a little olive oil before adding your ground beef to prevent it from sticking to the instant pot insert.
- Drain Grease – Once brown, cancel the saute setting and drain off any grease.
- Add Ingredients to Instant Pot – Place everything else (except the rice) into the instant pot. Stir to combine.
- Prepare rice in another sauce pan – While your soup is being made, cook rice. You will then add the rice either in the pot before serving or in the individual bowls of soup.
- Add Lid Instant Pot – Add the lid. Make sure the top is set to sealing.
- Pressure Cook for 5 Minutes – Then set timer on 5 minutes on high pressure. Cooking time will vary.
- Quick Pressure Release – Once finished do a quick release. The peppers will be soft and delicious.
- Combine Ingredients – Stir before serving.
- Serve and Enjoy – Spoon a bowl of soup and top with a spoonful of cooked rice. Season with salt and pepper and Enjoy.
What to Serve with Stuffed Pepper Soup:
- Garlic Bread – We love to make this Homemade Garlic Bread Recipe. It is the perfect bread to get every last drop of this delicious soup.
- Green Salad – Since this soup is hearty and full of rich ingredients, we like to keep our sides light. A simple green salad is the perfect combination with this soup.
- Roasted Vegetables – We love to roast vegetables when we make soups. You can roast broccoli, asparagus and even zucchini for a healthy side to this soup.
Variations and Additions:
- Cauliflower Rice – Make it healthier by chopping up cauliflower and using it instead of rice – check out my easy Cauliflower rice recipe. My kids ate it with white rice last week, but I used cauliflower to get my extra veggies in.
- Change the Meat – Try making it with Sausage or ground turkey. I like to add Italian sausage and lean ground beef in mine to give it a little different flavor. My family loves it.
- Add in other Vegetables – You can add in some chopped carrots or broccoli. You can easily chop these really small so they cook fast and soft.
- Make it Spicy – Chopped jalapeno would be a great addition to this soup.
- Seasoning – You can add in a tablespoon of Italian Seasoning.
- Broth – You can use chicken broth instead of beef broth.
Can I Make this Soup in the Crock Pot?
Yes, you can make this soup in the slow cooker. My slow cooker is still my favorite and this soup cooks perfect in there. I love coming home to my house smelling so delicious with this soup cooking all day.
Our Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup is a crowd favorite and I know you will like it too.
What Size Instant Pot do I Need for Stuffed Pepper Soup?
We like cooking stuffed bell pepper soup in an instant pot. We recommend using a 6 quart or larger to hold all the ingredients. In less than 15 minutes, this soup is done and ready to serve your family.
How long can you store leftovers:
This soup is even better the next day. You can enjoy the leftovers for up to 5 days. I like to store mine in a microwave safe dish so it is easy to reheat. We like to place in individual containers so it is easy lunch the next day.
You can also heat up on the stove top, if you are feeding your family for a quick dinner. We love leftover nights in my family.
How to Freeze Stuffed Pepper Soup Instant Pot Recipe:
This stuffed pepper soup freezes great. To freeze, let the left overs cool completely. Then store in your freezer in an air tight freezer bag.
I heat it up on the stove top (after defrosting) in a large pot when I’m ready to serve this recipe again. It’s easy to freeze and the leftovers taste great too.
I also like freezing individual containers for an easy lunch. My husband loves going to work with a container of Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup for lunch.
By the time lunch comes around, it is thawed and ready to eat. He has a good lunch and doesn’t have to have fast food.
Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers Soup Recipe
- Turn your Instant pot to the sauté setting.
- Add in the ground beef and break it apart and allow it to brown.
- Once brown, cancel the sauté setting and drain off any excess grease.
- Place everything else (except the rice) into the instant pot. Stir to combine.
- Add the lid. Make sure the top is set to sealing.
- Then set the pressure to 5 minutes.
- Once finished do a quick release. The peppers will be soft and delicious.
- Stir before serving.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with a spoonful of cooked rice.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe