This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
We love lasagna around here but it can be time consuming. I have found the perfect solution is this Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe that has all the flavors without the work.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe:
It’s hard after a long day of work and then after school activities to have time to spend hours in the kitchen. Let’s be honest, it isn’t happening!
However, if you don’t own a pressure cooker yet, don’t worry…you can make this crock pot lasagna soup recipe. You’ll get all the great delicious flavors of this delicious comfort food made in the crock pot instead of an instant pot.
What to serve with lasagna soup?
This lasagna soup Instant pot recipe is so hearty and good! We put a dollop of ricotta cheese on top and it just makes the dish taste amazing. It’s so creamy.
Usually I serve this great recipe with my 15 Minutes Stuffed Cheesy Bread. It’s quick and simple and oh so yummy with all the cheese.
If you are even shorter on time, learn how to freeze garlic bread. I love being able to just pull this garlic bread out of the freezer and heat it up in less time than it would take to make from scratch.
You’ll need a pressure cooker for this recipe:
You will need an electric pressure cooker to make this instant pot lasagna soup recipe.
If you do not have one yet, I highly recommend them. They have definitely changed dinnertime in my house and I use my electric pressure cooker 2-3 times per week.
Any pressure cooker will work for this recipe, just ensure that it has a sauté or browning feature and a pressure cooker feature as well.
Try more pressure cooker recipes for even more great dinner ideas.
Instant pot lasagna soup ingredients:
You’ll only need a few classic lasagna ingredients to make these instant pot easy lasagna soup. This is what you’ll need to make this easy soup recipe.
Make sure that you go to the recipe card to get the exact quantities that are needed for this recipe.
- Ground Beef
- Red Bell Pepper
- Can of Petite Diced Tomatoes
- Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Beef Broth
- Lasagna Noodles
- Ricotta Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
How to make lasagna soup in the Instant pot:
I love how easy this soup recipe is to make.
First, turn on the Instant pot to the sauté setting and brown the ground beef. Once the beef is browned, drain off the excess grease.
I usually don’t have to add an olive oil to the pressure cooker as the fat from the beef will keep the beef from sticking to the bottom.
Next, add in red bell pepper, onion and garlic. Then pour in the crushed tomatoes and the diced tomatoes.
Add in seasonings. This will add the delicious flavor of the marinara sauce from a traditional lasagna.
Finally, pour the beef broth (you can use chicken broth as well) into the instant pot on top of the other ingredients. Then seal the instant pot and cook on the high pressure setting for 5 minutes.
After the cook time, do a quick release on the pressure by manually moving the lid valve from the seal position to the vent position.
Once all the pressure has been release, break apart the lasagna noodles into bite size pieces. Add these noodles to the pot and stir to combine.
Make sure that all the noodles are covered in the ingredients. Add more broth if needed to cover the noodles. (Chicken broth or beef broth both work fine. We have even used marinara sauce with the tomatoes as well.)
Then switch the instant pot to the sauté. Allow the mixture to come to a boil and cook the broken lasagna noodles uncovered for about 7-8 minutes until the noodles are the tenderness that you prefer.
After this cook time, switch the instant pot to the keep warm setting so that you don’t accidentally over cook your noodles.
Spoon the soup into bowls. Top with a tablespoon with the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and fresh basil (option). You can also top with red pepper flakes to add a little spice!
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- (1) 14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes
- (1) 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 cups beef broth (1 carton)
- 12 oz Lasagna Noodles
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil (optional)
- First turn on the Instant pot to the sauté setting and brown the ground beef.
- Next add in diced onion and red bell pepper. Pour in the crushed tomatoes and the diced tomatoes.
- Add in all the other seasonings.
- Pour the beef broth over the top.
- Seal the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. After the cook time, do a quick release to release the pressure from the instant pot.
- Remove the lid. Break apart the lasagna noodles into bite size pieces. Add to the pot and stir to combine.
- Switch the pressure cooker setting to the sauté mode and bring the soup to a boil uncovered.
- Cook the pasta for about 7-8 minutes or until the tenderness that you prefer. Then switch the electric cooker to the keep warm setting.
- Spoon the soup into bowls. Top with a tablespoon of ricotta cheese, and a handful of mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with fresh basil and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
You might also like these lasagna recipes:
- Easy Lazy Day Lasagna Recipe
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Lasagna Recipe
- Crock Pot Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
- Lazy Day Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- Crock Pot Turkey Lasagna
- Hearty Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
- Gluten Free Lasagna Soup in the Pressure Cooker