Bacon cheeseburger casserole has everything you love about cheeseburgers in a delicious casserole. If you love cheeseburgers, this is the best comfort food and so tasty.
Bacon cheeseburger casserole
Everyone loves a good cheeseburger so I thought why not turn it into a casserole for everyone to enjoy. This is seriously so easy to make and loaded with flavor.
The hash browns bring it all together for a dinner everyone will leave raving about. Each bite is cheesy and delicious for the best casserole.
Whenever we are all craving cheeseburgers but don’t have time to make them, this is my go to recipe. The kids go crazy over it and we all think it is the best.
It is one of our favorite baked dishes and so simple to make. Everything combines for an amazing flavor packed meal we all just love.
- Frozen shredded hash browns. Any type of frozen potato will work in this recipe. You can use frozen diced hash browns as well.
- Ground beef. Substitute ground turkey easily in this recipe.
- Minced garlic. Garlic powder or fresh garlic can also be used. Just don’t use garlic salt or the casserole might be too salty.
- salt and pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- Cream of mushroom soup. If you do not like mushrooms, use cream of celery soup. You could probably even use cream of chicken.
- Milk. Heavy cream is a good substitute for a richer casserole.
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to make Bacon cheeseburger casserole
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is heating up, brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Set aside.
- Second, get out a medium bowl and combine the beef, half the bacon, hash browns, pepper, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, mushroom soup and milk. Make sure it is mixed together really well.
- Next, spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour the mixture into the pan and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Finally, cover with foil and bake for an hour.
- Then remove the foil and top with the rest of the bacon. Continue baking until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. This should be about 30 minutes.
- Let the casserole sit a few minutes before you serve it.
Keep reading for the full recipe.
What size baking dish is best?
I use the disposable pans for the one I put in the freezer.
That also helps with clean up on those busy nights. If you need a quick but delicious dish to take to potlucks or someone recovering from surgery, try making this casserole.
Also, the recipe is frugal so it is easy on the budget. You will love being able to make something that is tasty but also inexpensive.
Add your favorite toppings:
We like to to top this casserole with more veggies when serving. Feel free to use what you like on your burger and let everyone choose their toppings.
- shredded lettuce
- tomato slices
- diced onion or green onion
- Cheese. I like to add ½ cups more cheese when serving. Try something different such as: Colby cheese, mozzarella and more.
- Ketchup and mustard
- Any topping you like on your burger.
We top with lots of veggies and it is like a salad. We are all about keeping it simple.
It is a great meal however you decide to enjoy it. Put out a topping bar and everyone can personalize their serving and it is a simple and easy meal idea.
- You can also make bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole. This casserole is so easy to adapt and use tator tots instead of hashbrowns. They are both so delicious and a great way to change things up.
- We have even used diced frozen potatoes and it turned out fabulous. Seriously this is So easy and amazing.
- Saute onion, bell pepper and mushrooms with the ground beef mixture. I just add the onion and any other veggies into the meat as it cooks.
- If you are following a low carb or keto diet, try making this Keto and Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe. It is so amazing and you still get all the flavors of a delicious cheeseburger but with less net carbs.
- Add in chopped pickles to the casserole mixture
- You can heat things up by adding jalapeno peppers to the casserole mixture.
- Add cream cheese for a creamier casserole.
- Try adding sour cream, onion powder and other seasonings.
The ideas are endless!
What to serve with cheeseburger casserole?
Cheeseburger casserole is the complete burger package with potatoes and hamburger in the dish. I would keep the side dishes really easy.
Just think about dishes you love with burgers.
How to store:
Leftovers can be placed inside a container with a lid. Store in the fridge up to 3 days.
How to freeze:
This casserole is very freezer friendly. In fact, I try to always keep one in the freezer for busy nights.
I like to make 2 of these at a time because it isn’t any more work. All of the ingredients are already out and it is so easy.
So I do one for dinner that day and then put one in the freezer for a later time. This is a huge help and a big time saver.
Just make the casserole as directed but I like to use a tin toil pan for the one going in the freezer. It just makes it easier.
However, instead of baking, cover with foil and allow to cool. Once cooled, freeze up to 4 months.
To bake, remove from freezer the day before you want to eat it and allow it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour covered, and 15 minutes uncovered. You might have to adjust the time based on your oven.
Try Bacon Cheeseburger casserole recipe today!
Our family loved this recipe and it is so very easy to make. It is perfect for busy weeknights and anytime you need a quick meal.
The ground beef blends with the cheese and other tasty ingredients for the best meal.
If your family loves cheeseburgers as much as we do, this is a must try.
Make it your own and pile it up high with lots of fun toppings. You can even add mustard and ketchup if you like.
Sometimes, we add more crumbled bacon and cheese. It is so good.
You are going to love it. It has quickly become one of our favorite dishes around here.
Jump to recipe and nutrition information below.
Print Cheeseburger casserole recipe below:
Bacon cheeseburger casserole recipe
- 1 package frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 1 lb ground beef brown and drain
- 12 slices of bacon fried crisp and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak Seasoning
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown your ground beef and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl combine, beef, half the bacon, hashbrowns, pepper, garlic, salt, worcestershire sauce, mushroom soup and milk.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non stick spray.
- Place the mixture in the pan. top with shredded cheese
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remover foil and top with the rest of the bacon. bake another 30 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, then cut and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe