It is summer time which means family gatherings and barbecues. If there is one thing I HAVE to have a cookout, it is baked beans. I just simply love baked beans. I love my personal recipe so much that when we go out to restaurants I am often disappointed at their version. Yes… I am weird about baked beans like that. 🙂
If you have picky eaters in your house… whether it is your kids or your spouse, I suggest you invest in a little chopper. Here is the one that I like the best. These are great, because they get the onions and vegetables really small. They end up being hidden in our baked beans or in any recipe, but you still get the the flavor.
So many recipes are complicated and time consuming. If you can chop, mix, and throw in the oven, then you can make this delicious recipe and WOW your guests. 😉
- 3 cans of pork and beans
- ¾ cup of BBQ sauce (any brand)
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of jalapeno juice (from a jar) or ¼ of fresh jalapenos chopped
- ¼ onion diced (use a chopper)
- 8 slices of Bacon (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the the bacon, bbq sauce, diced onions, brown sugar, and jalapeno juice.
- One mixed add 3 cans of pork and beans
- One combined pour into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour until it starts to bubble.
- Let set for about 10 minutes and then serve.
These freeze great!
Make the entire batch and freeze the left overs. We do it all the time. Just reheat in the microwave or in a a small pot. I personally think they taste even better left over. 😉
Now that you have this delicious recipes, these these other delicious recipes for your BBQ:
- The Best Cheesy Potato Casserole (made with frozen hashbrowns!)
- Cucumber & Onions Salad Recipe
- BBQ Sloppy Joes Recipe – the Best Weeknight meal!
- Make sure you check out my roundup of the BEST Grilling recipes here.