I’m excited to share with you my all time favorite crockpot baked beans recipe. You mix together a few ingredients, toss it in the crock pot, and you have delicious baked beans to enjoy that’s why it’s called a lazy day recipe!
You’ll need a slow cooker to make these crockpot baked beans:
My family can still enjoy all our favorite casserole recipes without ever turning the oven on by slow cooking them. That is awesome because who doesn’t crave comfort food even when it is hotter out side?
If you end up purchasing a crock pot casserole dish, make sure you try some of these other recipes that I have made in mine:
Ok, ok. Let’s get back to this amazing crock pot baked beans recipe that you can make. If you don’t have a crock pot casserole dish that is ok. You can make this yummy baked beans recipe in a regular 6 quart crock pot as well
What ingredients are needed for slow cooker baked beans?
There are only 6 ingredients that are needed to make baked beans slow cooker recipe. It takes no time to throw this recipe together but everyone loves it!
- Pork and Beans
- Barbecue Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Jalapeño (remove seeds if you want less heat)
- Diced Onions
- Bacon – of course!
How to make crockpot baked beans with canned beans:
Ok, I promise that this recipe is easy to make since the crock pot does all the work!
First, spray the inside of your crock pot casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. This will make the dish easier to clean and ensure that beans don’t get stuck to the bottom.
Then in a mixing bowl, combine the pork and beans, the bbq sauce, brown sugar, jalapeños and diced onions. Mix well until all of these ingredients are well combined.
Next chop half the bacon into pieces. I like to cook the bacon slightly in a skillet over medium heat before adding it in. Fold in the chopped bacon into the mixing bowl.
Pour the mixture into the crock pot casserole dish. Then place the whole slices of bacon on the top of the pork and beans in the crockpot.
Next place the lid on top and cook for 2 hours on high or cook on low for 4 hours.
Allow the ingredients in the slow cooker to sit for 15 minutes slightly uncovered and serve. (the longer it sits the thicker the beans get). If you find that the beans are too thick slowly add cups of water until they are consistency that you desire.
What to serve with slow cooker bbq baked beans:
I love serving this easy crockpot baked beans with canned beans with some of our favorite grilling yummy recipes.
Also, I hope you try these grilled vegetables as well. It’s a great way to enjoy vegetables with little clean up!
All these recipes are delicious and easy to make. They are the perfect dishes to make with this slow cooker bbq baked beans recipe.
Variations to make to this slow cooker baked beans recipe using canned beans:
There are lots of ways that you can switch up this recipe to make it your own. Here are a few suggestions based on the flavor that is adds and let us know what ideas you have too!
- Sweeter -Add ½ cup of honey or maple syrup
- Spicer – Add 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Beefier – Add 1 pound of ground beef or ground sausage to the crock pot prior to the cook time
- Smokier – Add 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke
Can you make this recipe with dry beans?
Yes of course you can but I usually don’t because this is my favorite lazy day recipe, so the easier the better for me! If you want to use dry beans, you’ll need to soak them overnight and add tomato sauce and salt pork that is already in the canned pork and beans that is used for this recipe. Also, you can use navy, pinto or great northern beans for this recipe.
Can you make these beans in the oven?
Yes, definitely. We have a great recipe for these baked beans in the oven. You can find this recipe here. So if you don’t have a crock pot, you can still enjoy this bean recipe!
Print this Lazy Day Crockpot Baked Beans Recipe below:
Lazy Day Crock Pot Baked Beans Recipe
- 3 cans pork and beans (15 oz cans - drained)
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce (any brand)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 fresh Jalapeño chopped (remove seeds if you want less heat)
- ¼ onion diced (use a chopper)
- 10 slices Bacon
- Spray the inside of your crock pot casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pork and beans, the bbq sauce, brown sugar, jalapeños and diced onions. Mix well.
- Chop half the bacon into pieces. I like to fry the bacon slightly before adding it in. Fold in the chopped bacon.
- Pour the mixture into the crock pot casserole dish.
- Place the whole slices of bacon on the top of the pork and beans.
- Place lid on top and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes slightly uncovered and serve. (the longer it sits the thicker the beans get)
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
If you love one pot meals as much as we do, you must try One Pot Spaghetti Recipe. This recipe is the perfect Lazy Day meal! It combines all the tastiness of spaghetti but into one dish! The cheese makes it even better! It’s so delicious!
If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you try these other bean recipes as well!
- Crock Pot Ranch Style Beans Recipe
- Instant Pot Homemade Refried Beans
- Crock Pot Refried Beans
- How to Make Black Beans in the Crock Pot
- Quick & Easy Baked Beans Recipe
Crock Pot Hot Dogs are so easy and perfect for parties and to feed a crowd.