This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe is so tender and delicious. The bacon adds an extra layer of flavor that is amazing. Get ready to grill because this recipe does not disappoint.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe:
We love to grill and chicken is one of our favorites. This Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe is out of this world. You will not believe how tender and moist this chicken is.
The BBQ sauce is so yummy and the bacon wrapped around the chicken only add to this amazing dish. It truly makes for the perfect grilling recipe. We love the chicken brown sugar soy sauce glaze adds flavor and is easy to make.
This grilled chicken is loaded with flavor and one of our favorite to grill out chicken. Everything taste better with bacon.
How do you Cook Chicken Wrapped in Bacon?
It’s so easy to cook chicken on the grill. We loving using our grill and it makes for amazing meals. You can certainly cook chicken wrapped in bacon in the oven but the grill gives it so much more flavor.
We love the way this chicken tastes when it is grilled. If you have trouble getting the bacon to stay in place, try using toothpicks before grilling.
Baste the chicken with the marinade before placing on the grill and once the chicken is done cooking.
How long do you Cook Bacon Wrapped Chicken?
It’s so quick to cook this delicious chicken wrapped in bacon. Depending on the thickness of your chicken, it only takes a few minutes per side to cook this chicken.
You will want to use a thermometer to make sure the chicken is finished cooking. Just place in the center of the chicken and once it reads 165, it is finished cooking.
It will vary with how large the chicken is but typically about 15 minutes on each side on medium high heat completely covered.
Once you have cooked the chicken, wrap the chicken to keep warm before serving. This is such an easy chicken recipe. Bacon and Chicken is the perfect combination.
Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped BBQ Grill Chicken:
- Chicken Breasts
- Brown Sugar
- Soy Sauce
- Vegetable Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
How to make BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken:
- Step 1 – Preheat an outdoor grill
- Step 2 – In a small bowl, add brown sugar and soy sauce and mix well. Stir in oil and seasonings and set aside.
- Step 3 – Wrap bacon strips around chicken breast making sure to overlap the ends when you add a new piece of bacon. Set aside.
- Step 4 – Use a pastry or grill brush to brush the marinade onto the chicken and place onto a hot outdoor grill. Baste chicken with additional marinade.
- Step 5 – Place bacon wrapped chicken breast on gas grill. Cook chicken until done, flipping once and adding marinade to the back side of the chicken as you cook.
- Step 6 – Cook until thermometer stuck into the center of the chicken reads 165. Serve immediately.
What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Chicken:
These Chicken Breast wrapped in Bacon can be served with many different sides. Since we are grilling out, we prefer to makes sides that I can easily make on the grill. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Bake Potatoes on the Grill – Wrap bake potatoes in foil and place on the grill. The results is a delicious and soft potatoes with a crispy texture.
- Grill Corn on the Cob – Place your corn on the grill for a flavorful, juicy and smoky flavor corn.
- Easy Grilled Zucchini – Slice your zucchini into spears and place them on the grill. The zucchini cooks quick and easy straight on the grill.
How to Make in the Oven:
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken can easily be made in the oven. This is the perfect option if it is to cold to grill.
- Prepare chicken as indicated by basting with the soy sauce mixture.
- Place in a prepared baking sheet or baking dish after wrapping in bacon.
- Bake chicken in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- You can even broil the chicken for 1 to 2 minutes to make crispy bacon.
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Chicken Tips:
- Meat Thermometer – We recommend using a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. This is a better option then slicing into chicken.
- Wrapping Chicken – When wrapping chicken with thin cut bacon, we like to slightly overlap to ensure chicken is covered.
- Secure Bacon – To make sure that the bacon doesn’t come off, secure with a toothpick. Make sure to remove before serving.
- Marinade Chicken – We like to completely cover the chicken in the marinade and seasoning. This ensure the chicken is flavorful.
Recipe Substitutions and Additions:
- Barbecue Sauce – You can also use BBQ sauce to season the chicken with. We like to add BBQ sauce after the chicken is done cooking. Bacon wrapped BBQ chicken is a family favorite.
- Bacon – We recommend using thick cut bacon so that it cooks better and stays wrapped around the chicken. You can use different flavors of bacon.
- Chicken – We used chicken breast but you can also use boneless chicken thighs or chicken tenders.
Print this Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe below:
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe
- Preheat an outdoor grill
- In a small bowl, add brown sugar and soy sauce and mix well. Stir in oil and seasonings and set aside.
- Wrap bacon strips around chicken breast making sure to overlap the ends when you add a new piece of bacon. Set aside. Use a pastry or grill brush to brush the marinade onto the chicken and place onto a hot outdoor grill. Baste chicken with additional marinade.
- Cook chicken until done, flipping once and adding marinade to the back side of the chicken as you cook. Cook until thermometer stuck into the center of the chicken reads 165. Serve immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Foil Packet Bacon Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Easy Grilled Chicken Kabob Recipe
- BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken Marinade
- Grilled Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with BBQ
- Catalina Glazed Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Skewers