This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin is a delicious and easy way to cook a pork loin. The bacon slices are wrapped around a pork to create a juicy and flavorful recipe.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin Recipe:
This Pork Loin with Bacon Wrapped is baked to perfection with simple ingredients. A ketchup based sauce combines easy seasoning that is brushed on the pork for flavor. Add the bacon slices to create a juicy and flavorful pork loin.
We love this bacon wrapped pork tenderloin recipe. Really anything wrapped in bacon, is a win with my family. Check out these recipes – Crock Pot Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies or Bacon Wrapped Pickles. We even have made Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites for a family gathering.
Add flavor to your pork loin with this easy bacon wrapped pork loin recipe. You will be surprised how easy it is to prepare and bake. Add your favorite side dishes to make a complete meal. This would be the perfect meal to prepare for a family and friends.
- Roast Pork Loin
- Brown Sugar
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Combine Sauce Ingredients – In a small bowl stir together the ketchup, brown sugar, onion powder, pepper, oregano, garlic powder and salt.
- Step 3 – Brush the sauce on the pork Loing. Brush this sauce all over the pork loin.
- Step 4 – Wrap the Pork Loin with bacon – Wrap the seasoned pork loin with the bacon slices making sure that each slice overlaps the previous slice. Secure the bacon to the pork loin roast with toothpicks.
- Step 5 – Place on roasting pan – Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Step 6 – Cook Pork – Cook for 60-70 minutes until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Step 7 – Remove from Oven – Remove the pan from the oven. Cover the pan with foil and let the pork rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Step 8 – Broil to brown bacon – If the bacon is not fully browned, broil for 2-3 minutes rotating the pork loin halfway through the cook time.
- Step 9 – Serve – Then the pork is ready to slice, serve and enjoy.
How Long to Cook Pork Loin Wrapped in Bacon:
After seasoning the pork loin and wrapping in bacon, place on a roasting pan. Place in a preheated oven and bake the Pork Loin for about an hour. Make sure to remove the pork loin and allow it to rest.
We recommend you use an meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork loin. The temperature should reach 145 degrees when the pork loin is done.
After allowing the pork loin to rest, we like to broil for additional few minutes to get the bacon nice and crispy. Add your favorite sides for a complete meal idea.
How to know when Pork Loin is Cooked:
We use an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the pork is cooked to a safe temperature before serving. The meat thermometer allows you to check for doneness instead of slicing it.
Your thermometer should read 145 degrees once the pork loin is finished cooking.
- Pork Tenderloin – Make sure to use a pork loin not a pork tenderloin for this recipe. This cut of meat is best for this recipe.
- Cooking Pork Loin – It is never a good idea to overcook pork. It become tough and there really isn’t anything to help make it tender again. Make sure to watch your tenderloin closely and use a meat thermometer.
- Let it Rest – Make sure to let your pork rest when you remove from the oven for at least 15 minutes to 20 minutes. It gives time for the juices to really marinate into the pork. If you cut it to early all the juices will just run on your plate.
- Cover with Foil – We recommend covering with foil while the pork loin rest. This allows for the juice to really marinate into the pork loin resulting in juice, tender pork loin.
- Adding Bacon – When wrapping the pork loin in bacon, make sure the bacon strips overlaps each other. Securing with a toothpicks keeps the bacon tightly close to the pork loin.
- Roasting Pan – We recommend roasting in a roasting pan or a rimmed baking sheet to cook the bacon wrapped pork loin. You can add olive oil to the pan to prevent the pork loin from sticking.
- Make Ahead – You can easily prepare this pork loin ahead of time by seasoning and wrapping in bacon. Then place in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin:
There are many different sides to serve with Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin. These are some of our favorites.
- Mashed Potatoes – Make your mashed potatoes in the crock pot for an easy side. It makes it easy to mash them and serve with this pork loin.
- Mac and Cheese – The ingredients are easy and combining the two flavors of cheese makes this recipe so flavorful. Everything gets placed in the crock pot for an easy process.
- Green Beans with Bacon – Once you try green beans cooked with bacon, there isn’t any going back to eating plain green beans. There isn’t any comparison because the bacon just adds so much flavor.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change the Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning for this recipe. Add extra spice with some red pepper flakes or chili powder.
- Bacon – You can use turkey bacon for this recipe. We like using thin slice bacon but you can use any flavor you prefer.
- BBQ Sauce – Instead of using ketchup, mix the seasoning with BBQ sauce for a different flavor.
How to Store Leftovers:
- Storing – Refrigerate any leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheating your Leftovers – You can either microwave your leftovers or place them on a baking sheet and heat in a preheated oven of 350 degrees.
- Freezing your Leftovers – Pork loin can be frozen if placed in an air tight freezer safe container. It will stay good for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator when you are ready to serve.
Print Recipe here for Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin:
Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the ketchup, brown sugar, onion powder, pepper, oregano, garlic powder and salt.
- Brush this sauce all over the pork loin and wrap the seasoned pork loin with the bacon slices making sure that each slice overlaps the previous slice. Secure the bacon to the pork loin roast with toothpicks.
- Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Cook for 60-70 minutes until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Cover the pan with foil and let the pork rest for 20-30 minutes.
- If the bacon is not fully browned, broil for 2-3 minutes rotating the pork loin halfway through the cook time.
- Then the pork is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe