Quick and Easy Fried Pork Chops are a family favorite. Pork Chops are seasoned with easy ingredients and then fried to perfection.
Easy Fried Pork Chops Recipe:
Easy Fried Pork Chops is a classic recipe. This easy pork chop recipe is seasoned with pantry seasoning and then fried in the skillet. Pork chops are easy to quick and easy to fry. Dinner is on the table in less than 30 minutes.
We make many different pork chop recipes including, Air Fryer Pork Chops, Skillet BBQ Pork Chops, Simple Oven Baked Pork Chops. We love pork chops on the grill, cooked in the skillet and even in the air fryer.
Pork Chops are a classic comfort food. We love it because it can be made in different ways with simple ingredients. Fried, baked, or cooked in a crock pot pork chops are always a family favorite.
What type of Pork Chops do I use?
We used boneless pork chops in this recipe, but you can use bone-in pork chops. Bone-in pork chops are great for frying as well. They do have a little more fat and depending on how thick, you may need to cook a little longer.
- Boneless Pork Chops, approximately 1/2”-3/4” thick
- All Purpose Flour
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
How to Fry Pork Chops:
- Mix together dry ingredients – Whisk together the dry ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk Egg – Then whisk together the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Coat Pork Chops with Mixture – Dip each pork chops in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture and then coat the pork in the flour again. Repeat this process until all the pork chops are coated.
- Heat Oil – Then heat 3 inches of the vegetable oil in a large pan until it reaches 350 degrees F.
- Cook Pork Chops – Then place the coated pork chops in the oil and cook for 5-7 minutes per side until the pork chops are golden brown and reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Cooking time will vary.
- Put Pork Chops on a plate – Then move the pork chops to a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the excess grease.
- Serve and Enjoy – Top the pork chops with the fresh parsley and season with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately while warm and then enjoy!
Do you Cover Pork Chops while Cooking?
When frying pork chops, there is no need to add any liquid or cover the pork chops. Cook pork chops over medium high heat in a skillet with oil. Flip pork chops while cooking so both sides are cooked to a golden brown.
How Long to Fry Pork Chops:
Cooking Pork Chops doesn’t take long. Once the oil in the pan has heated, place pork chops in the pan and begin cooking on one side for about 5 minutes. Flip pork and cook until golden brown.
Make sure that the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches 145 degrees.
How to Know when Pork Chops are done:
Use an instant read meat thermometer to make sure that the pork is cooked to a safe temperature and be careful not to over cook the pork chops.
We liked to use a meat thermometer to make sure that the internal temperature reaches a reading of 145° F for the internal temperature and no pink juices remain.
Using a meat thermometer is the safest and best way to check if your pork is done. If you slice the pork chops then that releases the juices from the pork chops. We recommend letting the pork chops rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Add Gravy – We love making a brown or white gravy to drizzle over the top of the fried pork chops. It adds a level of moisture and extra flavoring to the pork chops.
- Use Bone-In Pork Chops – Feel free to use bone-in pork chops instead of boneless pork chops. You may need to cook for a little longer depending on the thickness.
- Change the Seasoning – We love the seasoning blend of Italian Seasoning and taste great added to pork chops. Season salt is also a great seasoning blend to use.
- Add some Spice – For some extra spice to the pork chops, sprinkle in some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
- Cast Iron Skillet – We like using a cast iron skillet to fry pork chops, but you can use any skillet that you prefer.
What to Serve with Pork Chops:
- Broccoli- We like to steam broccoli in the microwave. It takes only minutes and everyone loves it.
- We also like Roasted green beans for another easy veggie idea.
- Grilled Asparagus or roast asparagus is so good and a healthy side dish.
- Quick and Easy Weeknight Macaroni and Cheese– one pot and easy! We love homemade macaroni and cheese.
- Salad- You can’t go wrong with a quick and easy side salad.
- Potatoes – Bake Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes and Buttered Potatoes would be a great side.
- A side of rice pilaf is always a perfect side that goes well with pork chops.
- See Best Pork Chop Sides for more side dish ideas
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftover pork chops in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
How to Freeze:
If you are wanting to freeze the fully cooked pork chops, store in a freezer safe air tight container. Place container in the freezer, it will last about 2 to 3 months.
How do you Fry Pork Chops to make them Tender?
After frying pork chops and they have reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees, let pork chops rest. We place pan fried pork chops on plate lined with paper towel and cover with foil.
This locks in the moisture and allow the pork chops to be tender.
Why we Love Pork Chops:
- Within about 20 minutes, I can sit down with my family and have a delicious meal that everyone will love.
- Easy spices that I always have in my pantry and they turn out so good on these boneless pan fried pork chops.
- Pork Chops are budget friendly. Pork Chops are really easy to make and turn out so juicy and flavorful if you cook them just right.
- Pork Chops are perfect for any diet that you are on. Porks Chops are a lean meat that is low in calorie but high in protein.
- Pork Chops are perfect on the grill. Instead of making steak or chicken, I love to mix things up and grill some pork chops. Pork chop are also tasty in your air fryer.
Print Recipe here for Fried Pork Chops:
Fried Pork Chops
- 6 Boneless Pork Chops approximately 1/2”-3/4” thick
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 3 Eggs
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Then whisk together the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Dip each pork chops in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture and then coat the pork in the flour again. Repeat this process until all the pork chops are coated.
- Then heat 3 inches of the vegetable oil in a large pan until it reaches 350 degrees F.
- Then place the coated pork chops in the oil and cook for 5-7 minutes per side until the pork chops are golden brown and reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Then move the pork chops to a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the excess grease.
- Top the pork chops with the fresh parsley. Serve immediately while warm and then enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Fried Recipes: