This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This is the easiest Grilled Asparagus Recipe you will try. There is no fuss and practically no work in making delicious grilled asparagus.
Easy Grilled Asparagus Recipe
We had a gathering of friends and everyone brought something to add to the potluck. We were already grilling corn on the cob and hot dogs, so my sister brought asparagus to the party to grill.
I grilled it right on the grill grates and it was delicious! In just 15 minutes you can have a delicious and healthy side dish ready for any meal.
It is so easy to make grilled asparagus!
We had no idea what we were doing, but it was a huge success. I highly suggest you try it out next time you are grilling. You will not be disappointed.
I know that you may think Asparagus isn’t that great, but when cooked right it is packed with so much flavor that even my kids will eat it. We even had an adult who doesn’t like asparagus enjoy this grilled asparagus recipe.
Everyone loves this recipe. It is such an easy side dish. This recipe goes from grill to table in a matter of minutes.
Ingredients for grilled asparagus
- Fresh Asparagus
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
How to cook asparagus on the grill:
- Preheat the grill. It needs to be set to medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Prepare the asparagus stalks. Remove the tough ends of the asparagus by snapping the ends off.
- Combine the asparagus with seasoning. Then place the asparagus in a medium size mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season with the salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Toss together. Then toss the asparagus to make sure that they are evenly coated with the oil and seasonings.
- Place on the hot grill. Then place the asparagus across the grill grates. Close the lid and grill for 6-10 flipping them halfway through the cook time until the asparagus are tender and charred slightly.
- Remove from the grill. Then remove the asparagus. Squeeze the fresh lemon juice on top of the asparagus and serve while warm. It is delicious hot off the grill.
Grilled asparagus recipe is that easy.
How long to grill asparagus:
It only takes about 6-7 minutes per side to grill asparagus. This recipe is so incredibly quick and simple.
The asparagus continues to cook after you pull it off the grill so go ahead and open it once you remove it.
You want the asparagus to be fork tender but not mushy. It is important to watch it closely and not step away from the grill. Overcooked asparagus is soft and mushy.
Once you learn how to cook asparagus correctly, it is crispy and delicious.
How long does Asparagus last?
It lasts about 3 to 5 days in the fridge. However, it can last up to 10 days if prepared and stored in a particular way.
The ends need to be trimmed and the asparagus placed in a jar with a little bit of water. This is very similar to how you would store flowers. Utilizing these tips will significantly prolong the shelf life of asparagus.
Learn how to store asparagus and keep it fresh.
How to season grilled asparagus:
- Add 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and some cherry tomatoes.
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing and Parmesan cheese.
- Add in ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
These are really tasty variations for even more ways to enjoy grilled asparagus. One of my favorites is Parmesan cheese.
Yum! Top it with the cheese as soon as it comes off the grill for the best flavor.
There are many variations you can try with grilled asparagus. It is super easy to adapt the recipe for seasonings you already have in the pantry.
Try some of these flavor combinations when you are in the mood for something different. Any of these options are amazing.
Do You Wash Asparagus Before Cooking?
Yes, asparagus needs to be washed to remove any dirt from the stalks. Fine grit and sand can often be hidden in the stalks. You definitely want to wash all of this away before cooking.
Do not wash until you are ready to cook the asparagus. The moisture will cause the asparagus to be slimy when stored if not cooked as soon as washed.
Should asparagus be soaked before grilling?
It is not necessary to soak before grilling.
Why is my grilled asparagus soggy?
Soggy asparagus is a result of overcooking. It does not take long to cook this type of vegetable.
Be careful that you only cook for the recommended amount of time.
What to serve with Grilled Asparagus?
- Grilled Corn in the Husk
- Parmesan Grilled Zucchini
- Grilled salmon in foil
- Easy Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
Asparagus goes with lots of different meals. These are just a few recipes we enjoy.
You definitely need to give asparagus a try. It is surprisingly tasty while being so easy and budget friendly. Make it today for a great side dish.
Print this Grilled Asparagus recipe below:
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Remove the tough ends of the asparagus by snapping the ends off.
- Then place the asparagus in a medium size mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season with the salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Then toss the asparagus to make sure that they are evenly coated with the oil and seasonings.
- Then place the asparagus across the grill grates. Close the lid and grill for 6-10 flipping them halfway through the cook time until the asparagus are tender and charred slightly.
- Then remove the asparagus. Squeeze the fresh lemon juice on top of the asparagus and serve while warm.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe